270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

About ballot access - instead of the usual 5 days to get ballot access, how about being able to get ballot access by being able to submit a number of signatures (with a ballot submission deadline as well) (the number you receive depends on momentum) or being able to gain ballot access by paying a certain amount of money. Also, there can be an option for being exempt from these requirements (automatically getting ballot access in all 50 states + DC). I'm not sure if there's a way to do so, but it would make the game more realistic.

This actually helps me work. A bit before my time, so I'm hearing some of this music more or less for the first time.

A while back I was listening to a song by Journey, and was thinking 'the vocals here are pretty good - no, they're technically really good'. Turns out the lead singer was reknown for his talent and technique.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:28 AM, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Any info you're willing to share on progress?

Congress Infinity 2022 from Beta -> first official release is close. Slow but steady progress on it. A few more tweaks to the UI required.

• Like 1

Considering making Congress Infinity a bit more leader focused. For ex., in 2020 instead of the NRSC leader Todd Young, it would be Senate leader Mitch McConnell as leader in the Senate 2020 campaign.

I think this is a) more engaging, as people tend not to know who the NRSC leader (in this case) is, and b) more realistic - the Senate leader probably has more influence than the NRSC Chair.

In addition to the cosmetic change (name), there might be more possibilities opened up in terms of leader actions (fundraisers, interviews, policy speech are the likely ones).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Considering making Congress Infinity a bit more leader focused. For ex., in 2020 instead of the NRSC leader Todd Young, it would be Senate leader Mitch McConnell as leader in the Senate 2020 campaign.

I think this is a) more engaging, as people tend not to know who the NRSC leader (in this case) is, and b) more realistic - the Senate leader probably has more influence than the NRSC Chair.

In addition to the cosmetic change (name), there might be more possibilities opened up in terms of leader actions (fundraisers, interviews, policy speech are the likely ones).

You could add more options for the Republican Party & Democratic Leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives_election

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Making the leaders the "actual" senate/house leaders would also make the US games more like the UK games. Nice change.

Select Leader Button now enabled for Congress Infinity 2022. 😎 

• Like 3

On 10/15/2021 at 7:56 PM, Anthony_270 said:

OK, ads now use the same CPs system as polls. So if you are creating more ads than your Ads Strength, it costs 1 CP per ad.

If this game is based on being a true GOP/Dem strategist for a *full* congressional race like the US House (***4 hundred, 30, and 5 seats***) then it makes sense allowing the players to make more ads than just using rando surrogates who have like a 60-50% failure rate lolol. Liking these changes, gonna make CI so much more noob friendly :)

11 hours ago, IndependentPerson said:

I know this is probably impossible, but is there a way to have primaries in CI? Like this perhaps?

Republican primary results[75]
Party Candidate Votes %
  Republican Martha McSally 357,626 54.57%
  Republican Kelli Ward 180,926 27.61%
  Republican Joe Arpaio 116,555 17.79%
  Write-in 191 0.03%
Total votes 655,298 100.00%

No way to do this currently (outside of creating a state-based campaign).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

McConnell (of course), Cruz, Scott (FL), Johnson, Portman, Lee (Senate Scenario)

Warren, Bennet, Whitehouse, Schumer, Sanders, Klobuchar, Stabenow, Brown, Shaheen, Tester(?).

I dunno. What is your criteria (i.e., do they have to be in a seat that's up or not?)? Because if it's literally anyone (like in the 2020 POTUS scenario), then we could go for Biden/Trump/Pence/Harris as choices as well. But if it's seats up/those not up-that knind of thing-options become limited for each scenario. Which I actually kind of like. Makes it so that you're not playing as Obama every 2 years lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

McConnell (of course), Cruz, Scott (FL), Johnson, Portman, Lee (Senate Scenario)

Warren, Bennet, Whitehouse, Schumer, Sanders, Klobuchar, Stabenow, Brown, Shaheen, Tester(?).

I dunno. What is your criteria (i.e., do they have to be in a seat that's up or not?)? Because if it's literally anyone (like in the 2020 POTUS scenario), then we could go for Biden/Trump/Pence/Harris as choices as well. But if it's seats up/those not up-that knind of thing-options become limited for each scenario. Which I actually kind of like. Makes it so that you're not playing as Obama every 2 years lol

Criteria is people who could be leader for their respective parties in the Senate. McConnell and Schumer are defaults. Any other Senators that were talked about as serious possibilities at the time?

• Like 1

Well, that's easy. For Senior GOP leaders, I guess you could just look up "Top Republicans/Dems in the Seant/House". I mean, i'd love to go around stumping for GOP members I like as Romney and ignore everyone else-but that's a weird tangent. As stated before, Scott from Florida is apparantly a "top" GOP official or something? I don't really know, I just know some of the big names. 

• Upvote 1