270soft Forum

FL July Gubernatorial fundraising numbers

Really interesting that Crist beat Fried in the numbers but I feel that will hold for the rest of the primary the real question is can Fried over come his fundraising?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

July fundraising numbers:

@GovRonDeSantis
 - over $4M
@CharlieCrist
 - approx. $270,000
@NikkiFried
 - approx. $130,000 

https://twitter.com/GrantAHolcomb/status/1425489877718679553

I expect DeSantis to be re-elected barring high Covid deaths. This is a little misleading as far as estimating victory. Democrats have two major nominees, and could get more. Dems aren’t going to pour in money until early 2022 because there isn’t a runaway nominee and it’s too early for the primary to be a focus. Incumbents tend to have high fundraising numbers, compared to challengers, early on.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 1:13 PM, Anthony_270 said:

Almost there guys! Just another year to go ... and then forced injections for the rest of your life.

I am so ready to move to Florida for the sole fact the Desantis is in charge there. The forced Vaccine mandates are getting more and more scary everyday. The Media and Democrats are out there trying to divide americans into medical apartheid as charlie kirk likes to say and I tend to agree with him. Soon seperate but equal will again be the law of this land but passed entirely on medical status. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

I am so ready to move to Florida for the sole fact the Desantis is in charge there.

Even though I'm not American, my wife and I have discussed this (even though I don't like the heat and like hiking mountains). I probably would if I was certain that he or someone like him would remain Governor for a significant period of time. But FL is 1 election away from something quite different becoming Gov. So I'll fight in the place where I was born and bred instead.

8 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Even though I'm not American, my wife and I have discussed this (even though I don't like the heat and like hiking mountains). I probably would if I was certain that he or someone like him would remain Governor for a significant period of time. But FL is 1 election away from something quite different becoming Gov. So I'll fight in the place where I was born and bred instead.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I live in Minnesota and was born here, but it just is to dominated by the larger cities. One point on Florida they have had a Republican since 1998? Or 2002 as a Governor, even though Crist is a Democrat now, and looking at the shellacking Biden recieved in Florida I hope Desantis and bring his brand for longer than the next term he will serve. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

Desantis and bring his brand for longer than the next term he will serve

Ya, my guess is that DeSantis' policies are attracting more people who would vote in the next election for someone like DeSantis. Electoral reforms might also affect the state. So it very well may be FL starts to trend away from being a purple state and becomes more like TX is now. I know of multiple people who have moved there who did so precisely because they see it as politically not as crazy-tyrannical as California, NY, or Canada.