270soft Forum

2009 – Germany (Popular Vote only)

daons

Germany has had a bumpy ride through the world economic crisis, but citizens are mostly satisfied with Chancellor Merkel's handling of the crisis. Yet the Grand Coalition of CDU/CSU and SPD is unwilling to continue. Parties are searching for controversial issues to fight it out. Merkel seeks to keep power with a new partner. But with an established five-party system, coalition prospects are unsafe at any time. Will the campaign end in a grand surprise?

This scenario is the 2009 Chancellor Forever campaign remade for the infinity engine. Although the hybrid electoral system is not implemented in the engine, I have updated the scenario so we have a playable base campaign with is easily amendable should the Hare-Niemayer system come to the infinity engines.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2021/08/07/2009-germany-popular-vote-only/

de_2009.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daons said:

Germany has had a bumpy ride through the world economic crisis, but citizens are mostly satisfied with Chancellor Merkel's handling of the crisis. Yet the Grand Coalition of CDU/CSU and SPD is unwilling to continue. Parties are searching for controversial issues to fight it out. Merkel seeks to keep power with a new partner. But with an established five-party system, coalition prospects are unsafe at any time. Will the campaign end in a grand surprise?

This scenario is the 2009 Chancellor Forever campaign remade for the infinity engine. Although the hybrid electoral system is not implemented in the engine, I have updated the scenario so we have a playable base campaign with is easily amendable should the Hare-Niemayer system come to the infinity engines.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2021/08/07/2009-germany-popular-vote-only/

de_2009.png

Do you have plans for other German elections? What other elections are in your plans?

I am hoping to do the other Germany scenarios from K4E but I will be converting the old Alberta forever ones first as they are much quicker in comparison to the German elections which have so many constituencies to input data for. The 2009 one alone had 299.

• Upvote 1