270soft Forum

Thread - Friday, August 6th

Anthony_270

I’ve been insanely impressed w DeSantis this week in the media as someone who didn’t get the hype for a while. If the republicans take power in 2022 and Biden is at a stalemate, Desantis will definitely win in 2024 IMO. 

he seems like he’s in campaign mode already and using the trump playbook minus the bluster and blunders 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I’ve been insanely impressed w DeSantis this week in the media as someone who didn’t get the hype for a while. If the republicans take power in 2022 and Biden is at a stalemate, Desantis will definitely win in 2024 IMO. 

he seems like he’s in campaign mode already and using the trump playbook minus the bluster and blunders 

I have not ever been this excited for someone to really start testing the waters as I am about Desantis, I think his star is only rising. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

I have not ever been this excited for someone to really start testing the waters as I am about Desantis, I think his star is only rising. 

If somehow Trump decides to run, I wonder if DeSantis would be enough for people to still vote for Trump despite his issues... IDK it's tough. Safer is just DeSantis running with Trump endorsing him. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

If somehow Trump decides to run, I wonder if DeSantis would be enough for people to still vote for Trump despite his issues... IDK it's tough. Safer is just DeSantis running with Trump endorsing him. 

My thinking is Trump is going to flirt with the idea of running long enough to clear the field so to say and then endorse Desantis, so the primary is less of a concern.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

DeSantis is definitely the safer option

16 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

My thinking is Trump is going to flirt with the idea of running long enough to clear the field so to say and then endorse Desantis, so the primary is less of a concern.

Yeah probably but if he really wants DeSantis to win/do well he can't fuck around too long with his usual "will he or won't he" stuff. Needs time for DeSantis to fundraise, get the right staff etc.

I do think it will massively help DeSantis if he runs against Pence