270soft Forum

Trump's latest coup quote

vcczar

3 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Another book being published with quotes which Trump denies. I wonder if there's a name for this sub-genre of Trump (non?)-fiction.

Is yhe name leftwing media? XD In all seriousness this has been troubling where people outright lie about what is being said and passing it off as fact. The Charollettesville lie for example was at the start of his term. I wish everything was fair and balanced but in the world we live in everything is going to be biased which helps no one.

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Anthony_270 said:

Another book being published with quotes which Trump denies. I wonder if there's a name for this sub-genre of Trump (non?)-fiction.

The sad thing is we can't trust Trump to be honest if he denies anything. I'd certainly like to know if he did or didn't really say anything, but he's almost the least credible person when talking about himself. He's frequently denied saying things that he's said at rallies, interviews, etc. His reality is the moment. Past doesn't exist and future doesn't exist. I'm certainly in favor of authors getting in trouble if they're making stuff up, even if it is about Trump. However, Trump isn't credible based on his reputation for being regularly untruthful. One would have to have people not under his pay to deny these things for him. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

The sad thing is we can't trust Trump to be honest if he denies anything.

Right. You have a motive to lie on both sides in these cases. For journalists, it's not even lying in many cases, just not duly scrutinizing sources, who in turn can have an array of motives for lying. Often times anonymous, which makes the claims even harder to evaluate.

• Upvote 1