270soft Forum

Strategy for Absolutely Crushing It In Congress Infinity/Forever?

I asked this in a post in the Tips/Guides threads section and never saw replies, so I wanted to follow up on here. How can one truly dominate the opposition in games like Congress Infinity/Forever and the European/Canadian variants? I'm looking for good advice, not random bits of generic nonsense. True legend-level advice, stuff only veterans would know. 

If you can help out, please do. And please-don't waste yours/mine/everybody's time with stuff we all already know like Momentum or Focusing On Close races.

same question for Pres Infinity. The newest game is a struggle for me on medium which was not the case previously. I think the computer campaigns just do a much better job organizing etc

Do you put ads everywhere or just in Iowa/NH? Even putting ads and campaigning I have trouble getting momentum to stick besides debates 

3 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

same question for Pres Infinity. The newest game is a struggle for me on medium which was not the case previously. I think the computer campaigns just do a much better job organizing etc

Do you put ads everywhere or just in Iowa/NH? Even putting ads and campaigning I have trouble getting momentum to stick besides debates 

Even though this isn't a PI discussion, I will share a quick tip for PI primaries I use. 

Do nor focus on the first 2 states of a primary season. Establish a safe base (>4-8% at a minimum). Focus on winning in later contests. For 2008, I started with Michigan as Obama and swoled up my Debating Skill and my Issue Familiarity. Winning the debates will give you a Momentum boost and allows you to not constantly focus on driving up support in a place when someone else will steal your thunder in New Hampshire in the next week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Even though this isn't a PI discussion, I will share a quick tip for PI primaries I use. 

Do nor focus on the first 2 states of a primary season. Establish a safe base (>4-8% at a minimum). Focus on winning in later contests. For 2008, I started with Michigan as Obama and swoled up my Debating Skill and my Issue Familiarity. Winning the debates will give you a Momentum boost and allows you to not constantly focus on driving up support in a place when someone else will steal your thunder in New Hampshire in the next week.

interesting so the super Tuesday states then? ill try that next time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

interesting so the super Tuesday states then? ill try that next time. 

Well, let's take the 2016 primaries as an example. Starting at the 2015 dates will give you a great prep time window of <1 year before the actual contests begin. In a crowded field of +12 candidates, you have a lot of room to improve your "improvable" stats (and your campaign). I forgot to mention that part. Increasing your Command Power is baseline. Do not increase anything else until you reach CP power of at least 4. The more unused CPs, the more background funding you get each turn-and if you play by weeks, that money will compound greatly. Doing this takes away the worry of losing funds and going into debt from Ads, rallies, etc. 

Do not go for every state on Super Tuesday. Use your Surrogates to boost certain base support in states you have a strong base in. Sounds redundant IK, but trust me-once you hit Familiarity of 9 or 10 and Debating Skill of 8 or 9, you won't have to worry about being kicked in the Debates.

Debates provide momentum. When you trounce in a debate, and get like +1/2/3/4 or more momentum in a state, attack that state with your most powerful surrogates or yourself. 

When it comes to Platform, I switch mine to Issue Familiarity every time. This allows you to campaign off a thing that can only be made stronger the more you practice it. Through it and random perma-boosts, I've had campaigns where 0 momentum states would have a base +8 Rally/B'Storm, thanks to the 4.5 base addition for I.F. being a campaign plank, and an extra +3.5/4 from the rando perma boosts.

The reason you go after either the 3rd/4th state in the season is because candidates will go all in on either state 1 or 2, and only after those are done, will start heavily attacking each other in the 3rd/4th states. Splitting the leaders, splitting the field, and splitting momentum gains will allow Super Tuesday to be more likely a "crapshoot" on who exactly benefits from it. 

Now, disclaimer-this won't happen every time. I'm just describing my strategy I found that works best for me.

But that's my strategy anyways.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:48 AM, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I asked this in a post in the Tips/Guides threads section and never saw replies, so I wanted to follow up on here. How can one truly dominate the opposition in games like Congress Infinity/Forever and the European/Canadian variants? I'm looking for good advice, not random bits of generic nonsense. True legend-level advice, stuff only veterans would know. 

If you can help out, please do. And please-don't waste yours/mine/everybody's time with stuff we all already know like Momentum or Focusing On Close races.

Go day-by-day. Do not care about energy points. Raise your issue familiarity. Campaign in places with the highest momentum. Be strategic about your ads.

In the older versions, you could make extraordinary landslides, but the newer versions are closer to reality...

• Like 1