270soft Forum

What's the downside to Trump running for Congress in 2022?

18 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Correct (for the primary). And then those 4 go on to the general (which is ranked choice). But (going of off polls right now), I do not think Alaskan Independence Party (currently in a distant 4th) voters go to Murkowski (thus causing her to be knocked out if Gross is ahead of her at that point).

That's assuming

a) Gross intends to run, which hasn't been proven besides a couple polls saying so (if he doesn't, a much less popular D will run)

b) This D internal poll is right, which is not exactly likely. Then those D votes go to Murkowski, and she wins. 

50 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

That's assuming

a) Gross intends to run, which hasn't been proven besides a couple polls saying so (if he doesn't, a much less popular D will run)

b) This D internal poll is right, which is not exactly likely. Then those D votes go to Murkowski, and she wins. 

Gros has expressed interest in running. Sure, there is a chance that he doesn't. But it is still reasonable to take his potential candidacy into consideration.

Polling number don't mean a whole lot right now, though it is likely Murkowski and Gross would be fighting for that 2nd position (which goes back to my original comment about Murkowski's position depending on her placement before the RCV kicks in). I do agree this poll in likely off (and favoring Dem voters).