270soft Forum

Who would the top 10 wealthiest people in the U.S. be if super-heroes or super-villains?

As of right now, the top ten are

1. Elon Musk (SpaceX, Tesla)
  2. Jeff Bezos (Amazon)
  3. Bill Gates (Microsoft)
  4. Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)
  5. Warren Buffett (Investing)
  6. Larry Ellison (Oracle)
  7. Larry Page (Google)
  8. Steve Ballmer (Microsoft)
  9. Sergey Brin (Google)
  10. Alice, Rob, and Jim Walton (Walmart)

If any of these were super-heroes or super-villains (it's up to you to choose which), who would they be?

I had a huge comic book phase in like 4th grade through early high school. This was before comics became popular with the main stream and all those superhero movies started coming out. My dad, who had been a millionaire, was living paycheck-to-paycheck by the time I was in high school. He sold my large collection of comic books for gas money without telling me. After that I never went back to comics mainly because I didn't want to start over building up my collection again. I can't get into any of the movies because there's so many cliches and so much predictability. I'd prefer that new superheroes with some originality be created rather than just rehashing variations of the same themes. 

For the record, Incredible Hulk (once he became smart), X-Factor, Spiderman in the black suit, and Avengers were my favorites, I think. I couldn't get into DC comics. 

For whatever reason, I just can't read comics or graphic novels. I get bored. I don't like that I can't read them as quickly as I can read books. I also don't like the artist controlling my imagination of how things are supposed to look. In a book, you can create your own images, which I like. 

As for the central prompt of the question, I'd have Buffett and Gates as super-heroes (not sure who). Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk and the guys at Google would be some sort of hybrid hero-villain category. I don't know anything about Ellison and Ballmer. The Walton children and grandchildren will be villains, although they descent from Sam Walton, a superhero. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

My dad, who had been a millionaire, was living paycheck-to-paycheck by the time I was in high school. He sold my large collection of comic books for gas money without telling me.

That's ... terrible. No other way to put it. I gave my collection away mostly to a nephew.

I preferred Marvel to DC, but liked some DC. Batman was one.

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

That's ... terrible. No other way to put it. I gave my collection away mostly to a nephew.

I preferred Marvel to DC, but liked some DC. Batman was one.

That’s nice of you to do. Yeah, it was terrible at the time, but I got over it really quickly. I think it’s because I had so many hobbies and interests that it was easy to move on. I feel like I was just massively upset for 30 minutes, mainly about him not telling me. I would have given them to him if he asked or gave him something else to sell. I think he picked them because he dropped me off to the comic book store so often and talked to the boss occasionally. 

I liked some DC characters but rarely the comic books about them. I liked the hybrid Marvel vs DC comics. I had some of those. I most have had 1,000 comics. 

• Thanks 1