270soft Forum

Random Political Poll

vcczar

Random Political Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you generally approve of?

• Cancel culture
    • Fact checkers
    • Social Equity
    • Racial Equity
    • Me Too Movement
    • Black Lives Matter
    • Blue Lives Matter
    • American Nationalism
    • White Nationalism
    • Politicized Professional Sports
    • Alternative Facts
    • Conspiracy Theories
    • Bipartisanship
    • Partisanship
    • Non-Partisanship
    • MAGA (Make America Great)
    • Anti-fascism (Antifa)
    • Social Media
    • The Media
    • The right to protest
    • Protests
    • Protesters
    • Militarized politics
    • Left-wing populism
    • Right-wing populism
    • Progressivism
    • Liberalism
    • Moderates
    • Conservatism
    • Traditionalism
    • Never Trump Movement
    • Green New Deal
    • The term illegal immigrants
    • The term undocumented immigrants
    • Political correctness
    • Freedom to use whatever language you wish to use towards a demographic, even if it is insensitive
    • Anti-Intellectualism
    • Intellectualism
    • Academics
    • Internet "influencers"
    • Celebrities as politicians
    • Reformists
    • Patriotism
    • The Establishment
    • Anti-establishment
    • Religion in Politics
    • LGBT equality
    • Women equality
    • Slave Reparations
    • Military Intervention

16 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Right on cue, Trump statement. Yep, your cultural opponents will adopt your weapons if you keep it up long enough.

"For years the Radical Left Democrats have played dirty by boycotting products when anything from that company is done or stated in any way that offends them. Now they are going big time with WOKE CANCEL CULTURE and our sacred elections. It is finally time for Republicans and Conservatives to fight back—we have more people than they do—by far! Boycott Major League Baseball, Coca-Cola, Delta Airlines, JPMorgan Chase, ViacomCBS, Citigroup, Cisco, UPS, and Merck. Don’t go back to their products until they relent. We can play the game better than them."

That’s kind of hilarious considering he lost the popular vote twice, including to a Mr. Magoo-like figure that didn’t campaign. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

That’s kind of hilarious considering he lost the popular vote twice, including to a Mr. Magoo-like figure that didn’t campaign. 

What I found particularly hilarious was Big Tech oligarchs colluding to suppress and censor Trump supporters and Biden-critical news, without which Biden would have lost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

What I found particularly hilarious was Big Tech oligarchs colluding to suppress and censor Trump supporters and Biden-critical news, without which Biden would have lost.

There's no evidence Biden would have lost the popular vote if this were the case. 

4 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Lots of evidence he would have lost period. Popular vote is irrelevant.

We aren't talking about the weak evidence that he would have won the electoral college.  I referenced that he lost the popular vote twice because Trump is referencing having more people. Trump's statement, which you posted, is about population: "we have more people than they do". He's not saying, "We have more electors than they do." 

32 minutes ago, vcczar said:

We aren't talking about the weak evidence that he would have won the electoral college.  I referenced that he lost the popular vote twice because Trump is referencing having more people. Trump's statement, which you posted, is about population: "we have more people than they do". He's not saying, "We have more electors than they do." 

Oh sure, but I'm also pretty sure there are more people who care what Trump says about these sorts of things than what Biden says.

2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Oh sure, but I'm also pretty sure there are more people who care what Trump says about these sorts of things than what Biden says.

About boycotting companies? What's your evidence for this? 

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

There's no evidence Biden would have lost the popular vote if this were the case. 

Actually, this guy claims Google shifted 6 M votes minimum.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/11/24/robert-epstein-google-shifted-a-minimum-of-6-million-votes-in-2020/

If that's true, add in FB and Twitter, and the 7 M vote difference is erased.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:44 PM, Conservative Elector 2 said:
I mostly approve of:

Bipartisanship, Partisanship (both is at times a fundamental principal of poltics)
The right to protest (the right to peaceful protest is crucial)
Militarized politics (This kind of language and influence is necessary. You can' throw cotton balls at dictators for example)
Moderates (they are often good to cool down the whole pack)
Conservatism
Traditionalism
The term illegal immigrants 
Intellectualism
Academics
Celebrities as politicians (depends, but generally I believe they are able to bring good ideas to the table)
Patriotism (if it's not insulting against other nations sure)
The Establishment
Religion in Politics
LGBT equality, Women equality (sure, but I believe there is a lot of victimizing involved. There are countries in which gay people might get the death penalty, but some people for example are debating whether to call a doctor ''doctox'' to include all genders. That has nothing to do for me with achieving equality for anyone. We are already living in the most progressive age ever.)
Military Intervention (that needs to be on the table with certain countries, when they become a threat to global peace)

I mostly disapprove of:

Cancel culture (It's idiotic not to watch football just because some people think they have to kneel... likewise it's weird to not buy Uncle Ben's rice if it tastes good and was bought for ages without complaining)

Fact checkers, (I often feel they are biased)

Social Equity, Racial Equity (that's just racism the other way round, like some college holding ceremonies just for one ethnic group... I thought we have moved rightly past racial segregation)

Me Too Movement (On the whole I don't like activism very much. Surely a woman should be helped when facing a problem at her workplace but I don't think a Twitter campaign will help in any way. Some men might also be blamed falsely. That's dangerous.)

Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter (I support both messages, but I think the groups, especially Black Lives Matter, does it wrong. I never heard of Blue Lives Matter protests, so I guess they behave better but still I don't like this activist notion)

American Nationalism (I guess that's the worse form of patriotism)

White Nationalism (no, we don't need nations made of whites. We need nations made of people with good character)

Politicized Professional Sports (Yeah the whole MLB and NFL stuff is weird. Did MLB ever criticize China? No.),

Alternative Facts (If these are lies I disapprove of them, if these are just inconvienent truths it's ok)

Conspiracy Theories (no one needs them) 

Non-Partisanship (I disapprove of anarchism) 

MAGA (Make America Great) (The cult is a wrong notion, but the message itself isn't bad) 

Anti-fascism (Antifa) 

Social Media, The Media (Social Media is boring, the media people are mostly hypocrites)

Protests, Protesters, (I usually don't like protests at all, they only bring chaos and rising tensions in society)

Left-wing populism < Right-wing populism (but any form of populism is bad) 

Progressivism, Liberalism (economical it's fine, socially probably bad, I don't like ''legalizing it''), 

Never Trump Movement (nope that goes to far, and the Lincoln Project has lost any credibility by now...),

Green New Deal, 

The term undocumented immigrants, 

Political correctness, 

Freedom to use whatever language you wish to use towards a demographic, even if it is insensitive (insulting some one is utterly wrong)

Anti-Intellectualism, Internet "influencers" (one is probably a synonym for the other. I don't know about the situation in the US, but German speaking influencers are among the most annoying breed I can think of) 

Reformists, Anti-establishment,

Slave Reparations (We can't blame this generation for the atrocities of the former)

I just wanted to tell you that I think your answer very interesting even when we are from different political backgrounds you are still much fair in your views

About the LGBT equality it is true to say that most of the western countries (at some exception) are still far-ahead and way better than most of others countries of the world who are for the majority in the "depenalization without recognition" statut quo (and 1/3 of the remaining countries are still in the criminal reply)

But even in the best part of the world regarding LGBT equalities there are still 3 to 6 more times self-murder into the community than outside. 

About the rest of the things you disagree with we have some differences even but I think sad to believe that nowadays liberals are assigned or compared to people who hate history or memories about the past. I truly love the history of my country, I love castles from the Renaissance, I love visiting historic sites and I even appreciate to pass time with associations in charge of reconstituting historical events. I would have not dreamed at all to live in those periods, but I find the stories and the reconstitutions of these purely amazing, and I want to protect both our historical properties and patrimony while it does not change my conviction that our current society is much better than the previous one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Actually, this guy claims Google shifted 6 M votes minimum.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/11/24/robert-epstein-google-shifted-a-minimum-of-6-million-votes-in-2020/

If that's true, add in FB and Twitter, and the 7 M vote difference is erased.

Breitbart isn’t a very credible source. They’re like barely a notch below InfoWars. Better to link me to a study from something credible. 

10 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Trump has a personal following, Biden doesn't really.

Just because Trump has a cult following doesn’t mean less people agree with Biden on boycotting companies. Biden just has to be on the more popular side on the topic. This is one reason he beat Trump without the need to campaign. 

23 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

We will never know if Biden had lost or not, but I find it highly interesting that this collusion, which cannot be denied by any means, is tolerated and rarely spoken about. That was quite telling... remember what The Times said about 'fortifying' an election. That's not much different to countries like Hungary in which the media is effectively the mouthpiece of one party touted by some as leading a regime.

What if Big Tech had colluded to pave the way for Trump winning again? I guess the interest in media reports and Twitter was overall higher and clicks are what's selling best. I don't think we would ignore that collusion, even if it was legal, by now as well.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

We will never know if Biden had lost or not, but I find it highly interesting that this collusion, which cannot be denied by any means, is tolerated and rarely spoken about. That was quite telling... remember what The Times said about 'fortifying' an election. That's not much different to countries like Hungary in which the media is effectively the mouthpiece of one party touted by some as leading a regime.

What if Big Tech had colluded to pave the way for Trump winning again? I guess the interest in media reports and Twitter was overall higher and clicks are what's selling best. I don't think we would ignore that collusion, even if it was legal, by now as well.

Well, Biden is President. He got more ballots voting for him in enough states to get 270 EVs and won by well over 4 million votes. I do agree that there is a MAJOR media bias in favor of Biden (actually, it's more of a media bias against Trump than for Biden). However, the media isn't voting. The people are. Certainly Big Tech and Big Media endorsed Biden, but this is a role that major newspapers and major corporations--the big media and big tech of their time--did in the past. If Trump and GOPers want Big Tech and Big Media on their side, they'll have to stop doing whatever is alienating them. Trump consistently attacking media and tech companies probably didn't help him. If he's going to poke a Tiger with a stick, he's going to get bit. However, I think the idea that Google or Facebook compelled or brainwashed people to vote for Biden as a little weak. People were decisively for or against Trump or for/against Democrats or Republicans in general. 

I think Trump's defeat could be boiled down to these:

- He didn't give as much focus to Georgia as he should have. Reminds me of Clinton's mistake with the Midwest in 2016. Trump focused a lot on FL and Biden's birth state of PA. Meanwhile, Stacey Abrams was the Democrat focus surrogate for the entire election. She got a ton of attention, money, volunteers, and such to help generate turnout in GA

- Trump unintentionally insulted the voters of Erie, PA, which ended up voting for Biden in 2020. 

- Trump hurt his potential turnout by arguing against mail-in ballots for much of the election. 

- Trump hurt his potential turnout by a defeatist attitude, stating the election was rigged before it even began. Some voters aren't going to vote if they feel like it isn't going to matter. Meanwhile, Democrats and Never Trumpers had the energizing feeling of knowing they could topple Trump. 

- Trump hurt his chances in AZ by insulting both McCain and Flake, consistently. 

- Trump probably lost that one district in NE partially for insulting Sasse frequently. 

- Trump's GOP Convention was clearly the laziest Convention in US history. It was embarrassing to watch. It seem directionless. It had no platform. It seemed more like a Trump loyalty gala rather than a party convention. Trump would probably have renergized party establishment or Trump-skeptic Republicans by having a polish, party-focused Convention. He lost an opportunity. 

- Trump underperformed in the Midwest partially because he was unable to fulfill his promise of bringing back the glory days of manufacturing to MI and WI. 

- Lastly, I don't think any incumbent would have won in an economic downturn caused by COVID. I think Trump did the right thing in signing those Covid checks, which probably saved him from a greater defeat. I don't think Obama or Hillary Clinton would have won reelection in this environment either, although I think Obama would have at least avoided the mistakes that Trump made and had a closer defeat. 

Trump was basically his own worst enemy to his reelection changes. The outcome we saw was very likely. Remember, I even predicted it almost 100% accurately (I missed ME-2 only). Trump's only real success was Hispanic turnout in FL, TX, and to a lesser extent, NM and AZ. I think this could help the GOP in the future, possibly. I think his Hispanic turnout out won him FL and saved TX from being closer or possible a Biden pickup. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Breitbart isn’t a very credible source.

I would rank them around CNN or WaPo. But you can do a search and lookup Robert Epstein's work on this - he's been doing research on this for some time.

31 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

I would rank them around CNN or WaPo. But you can do a search and lookup Robert Epstein's work on this - he's been doing research on this for some time.

I did as soon as you posted the link. It's mostly people discrediting him on his 2016 Google conspiracy theory. I can't find much of anything for 2020. 

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I did as soon as you posted the link. It's mostly people discrediting him on his 2016 Google conspiracy theory. I can't find much of anything for 2020. 

Ya, but the question is "How many votes did Big Tech flip?" It's possible they flipped the popular vote winner. You've cited no research that they didn't.

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Ya, but the question is "How many votes did Big Tech flip?" It's possible they flipped the popular vote winner. You've cited no research that they didn't.

Are you saying Big Tech hacked into something and generated a false number of votes or false ballots or are you saying Big Tech favored Biden ads over Trump ads and influence the vote that way? It's hard to tell how literal you are being in your statements. 

If you can provide me evidence that big tech literally flipped votes that hasn't been discredited (as is the case with Epstein), then I can research that. I think the greatest evidence that they didn't flip the popular vote is that there isn't any credible evidence that they did. I find nothing from a credible sources. The only sources that occasional have these shit theories on them are shit sites known for peddling conspiracy theories. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Are you saying Big Tech hacked into something and generated a false number of votes or false ballots or are you saying Big Tech favored Biden ads over Trump ads and influence the vote that way? It's hard to tell how literal you are being in your statements. 

If you can provide me evidence that big tech literally flipped votes that hasn't been discredited (as is the case with Epstein), then I can research that. I think the greatest evidence that they didn't flip the popular vote is that there isn't any credible evidence that they did. I find nothing from a credible sources. The only sources that occasional have these shit theories on them are shit sites known for peddling conspiracy theories. 

It's obvious that Big Tech bias resulted in votes shifting to Biden. The only question is how many. 1 M? 2? 5? 10?

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

It's obvious that Big Tech bias resulted in votes shifting to Biden. The only question is how many. 1 M? 2? 5? 10?

So you're saying that Big Tech bias influenced the vote, possibly via primarily boosting pro-Biden ads over pro-Trump ads, for instance? Or favoring Pro-Biden search engines etc.? If that's what you are saying, then I think I can agree with you that that occurred and helped Biden. I do not think Big Tech fudged any numbers or created fake votes. You're still kind of vague on what you mean. "Votes shifting to Biden" changed depending on if the result was direct or indirect. I do think indirect likely occurred, similar to the same way in which a business endorses a candidate. I think Facebook, Twitter, and Big Social Media getting involved in spreading/suppressing on behalf of a candidate is nothing new. This is what the major newspapers did from 1796-the present. The newspapers just aren't a factor like they were during their Golden Age 1840s-1990s. They've been replaced by the Golden Age of Social Media taking over that role. Big Business, which I guess is also Big Tech, has a history of getting involved in influencing elections as well. I think we can both agree that reform should be made to keep Big Business, Big Tech, and Big Social Media out of politics. 

I think if Trump really wanted to win, rather than blaming the media, social media, or big tech, he should have avoided the following (this is copy+pasted from my response to @Conservative Elector 2 :   )

"I think Trump's defeat could be boiled down to these:

- He didn't give as much focus to Georgia as he should have. Reminds me of Clinton's mistake with the Midwest in 2016. Trump focused a lot on FL and Biden's birth state of PA. Meanwhile, Stacey Abrams was the Democrat focus surrogate for the entire election. She got a ton of attention, money, volunteers, and such to help generate turnout in GA

- Trump unintentionally insulted the voters of Erie, PA, which ended up voting for Biden in 2020. 

- Trump hurt his potential turnout by arguing against mail-in ballots for much of the election. 

- Trump hurt his potential turnout by a defeatist attitude, stating the election was rigged before it even began. Some voters aren't going to vote if they feel like it isn't going to matter. Meanwhile, Democrats and Never Trumpers had the energizing feeling of knowing they could topple Trump. 

- Trump hurt his chances in AZ by insulting both McCain and Flake, consistently. 

- Trump probably lost that one district in NE partially for insulting Sasse frequently. 

- Trump's GOP Convention was clearly the laziest Convention in US history. It was embarrassing to watch. It seem directionless. It had no platform. It seemed more like a Trump loyalty gala rather than a party convention. Trump would probably have renergized party establishment or Trump-skeptic Republicans by having a polish, party-focused Convention. He lost an opportunity. 

- Trump underperformed in the Midwest partially because he was unable to fulfill his promise of bringing back the glory days of manufacturing to MI and WI. 

- Lastly, I don't think any incumbent would have won in an economic downturn caused by COVID. I think Trump did the right thing in signing those Covid checks, which probably saved him from a greater defeat. I don't think Obama or Hillary Clinton would have won reelection in this environment either, although I think Obama would have at least avoided the mistakes that Trump made and had a closer defeat. 

Trump was basically his own worst enemy to his reelection changes. The outcome we saw was very likely. Remember, I even predicted it almost 100% accurately (I missed ME-2 only). Trump's only real success was Hispanic turnout in FL, TX, and to a lesser extent, NM and AZ. I think this could help the GOP in the future, possibly. I think his Hispanic turnout out won him FL and saved TX from being closer or possible a Biden pickup. "

So you're saying that Big Tech bias influenced the vote

Yes, in all sorts of ways.

I do not think Big Tech fudged any numbers or created fake votes.

Are there prominent allegations Big Tech did this? I haven't heard of anyone alleging this.

I think Trump's defeat could be boiled down to these

Ya, lots of truth in those reasons. I think the biggest mistake was his handling of Covid. Early on, he had a choice to go with Fauci, Birx, et al., or Atlas, Bhattacharya, Ionnidis, et al. I think he could have gone either way, and it could have worked. Instead, he went this way and that, undermining his own task force with his actions. He brought Atlas on board when it was too late.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Are there prominent allegations Big Tech did this? I haven't heard of anyone alleging this.

My best friend who is a Q-Anon follower believes this and a bunch of other similar lunacy. 

• Thanks 1