270soft Forum

Next update thread

2 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Just got second Pfizer shot...

I'm guessing you're pretty young and fairly healthy? Interested in people in that category's reasoning on getting or not getting these sorts of shots - why did you decide to get it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Main Screen and Electoral Info Screen will have a new button, the Polls Button. That opens a screen like RCP or 538 polls page. It depends on which region is selected on the Main Map. So, if

Editor should be a top priority  

@populist86 Polling system replaced (will significantly change game play), graphs added (should be better than PI Classic's graphs), editor completed. These are the core goals. Various other goals mig

Posted Images

To make a Poll for a region now costs 1 CP, total. Takes 5 days, minus 0.5*Poll strength. If it's a targeted region or a national poll, minus 1 day. Ex, if you have a 5 Polling strength, it takes 5-(0.5*5)=5-2.5=2.5 days to create. This is rounded up to 3. If it's national or a targeted region, that's knocked down to 2 turns.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Endorser images when? 😛 and expanded editor when?

But seriously, that sounds cool

You'll know when it's happening.

• Like 1

Polls have Margin of Error, which is simply a product of the amount of money you want to spend on a poll (more money = lower margin of error).

Then, the polls have a Bias, which is unknown. For internal polls, the Bias decreases with Polling strength, if the region is targeted, or if the region is the universal region (i.e., national).

• Like 1

A poll with a MoE of 1% is only 100 times as expensive, though. And a poll with a MoE of 3% just 10 times as expensive. If you want to get a really accurate polls for swing states, it's gonna cost ya.

• Upvote 1

So increased Polling strength decreases time to create, decreases bias, increases chance of insight from poll.

Increased $ for poll decreases MoE, increases chance of insight.

Total poll error is bias +-MoE.

• Like 1
On 4/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, Anthony_270 said:

I'm guessing you're pretty young and fairly healthy? Interested in people in that category's reasoning on getting or not getting these sorts of shots - why did you decide to get it?

Familial pressure, really. I don't care what it is, so if Mom says I should get it and won't ostrecize me for getting it, I/m happy to get it.

My excuse for getting it was my vision deficincy.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Fair enough

I was referring to working on that part of the Editor. Keep up the reminders, it works for features like this! 😀

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Love  seeing updates like this. Tells us that you're still here, and not off somewhere spending all that money on drugs, booz, and hookers lolol

The only drug I take is coffee. The only booze is more or less a glass or two of red wine. The red wine budget is $15/week. 😉

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

I was referring to working on that part of the Editor. Keep up the reminders, it works for features like this! 😀

Editor must be a priority! I wanna make campaigns again 😛

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

The only drug I take is coffee. The only booze is more or less a glass or two of red wine. The red wine budget is $15/week. 😉

Same for me. Coffee only. Red wine gives me headaches though. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

It says on the main site that 2022 Beta was released in October last year. Is it still the same as the one I downloaded back then?

Yes, but for Macs it is now certified by Apple, which means it should run without a problem on newer macOSes.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Yes, but for Macs it is now certified by Apple, which means it should run without a problem on newer macOSes.

Awesome! Making progress!

• Upvote 1

Modified CP cost to make polls. Instead of 1 CP per poll, it's

Can simultaneously create polls up to Polls attribute strength for 0 CPs. Each one to create after that is 1 CP.

For ex., let's say your primaries campaign has a Polls strength of 3. You can then create a poll in MI, AZ, and PA simultaneously and it costs you 0 CPs. However, if you want to create another poll on that turn in, say, WI, that will cost you 1 CP. Polls take a certain number of days to create, and so you have to wait until those polls finished being created to make a WI poll that didn't cost a CP.