270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

2 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Just got second Pfizer shot...

I'm guessing you're pretty young and fairly healthy? Interested in people in that category's reasoning on getting or not getting these sorts of shots - why did you decide to get it?

• Like 1

To make a Poll for a region now costs 1 CP, total. Takes 5 days, minus 0.5*Poll strength. If it's a targeted region or a national poll, minus 1 day. Ex, if you have a 5 Polling strength, it takes 5-(0.5*5)=5-2.5=2.5 days to create. This is rounded up to 3. If it's national or a targeted region, that's knocked down to 2 turns.

• Upvote 1

Polls have Margin of Error, which is simply a product of the amount of money you want to spend on a poll (more money = lower margin of error).

Then, the polls have a Bias, which is unknown. For internal polls, the Bias decreases with Polling strength, if the region is targeted, or if the region is the universal region (i.e., national).

• Like 1

A poll with a MoE of 1% is only 100 times as expensive, though. And a poll with a MoE of 3% just 10 times as expensive. If you want to get a really accurate polls for swing states, it's gonna cost ya.

• Upvote 1

So increased Polling strength decreases time to create, decreases bias, increases chance of insight from poll.

Increased $ for poll decreases MoE, increases chance of insight.

Total poll error is bias +-MoE.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, Anthony_270 said:

I'm guessing you're pretty young and fairly healthy? Interested in people in that category's reasoning on getting or not getting these sorts of shots - why did you decide to get it?

Familial pressure, really. I don't care what it is, so if Mom says I should get it and won't ostrecize me for getting it, I/m happy to get it.

My excuse for getting it was my vision deficincy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Love  seeing updates like this. Tells us that you're still here, and not off somewhere spending all that money on drugs, booz, and hookers lolol

The only drug I take is coffee. The only booze is more or less a glass or two of red wine. The red wine budget is $15/week. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

I was referring to working on that part of the Editor. Keep up the reminders, it works for features like this! 😀

Editor must be a priority! I wanna make campaigns again 😛

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

The only drug I take is coffee. The only booze is more or less a glass or two of red wine. The red wine budget is $15/week. 😉

Same for me. Coffee only. Red wine gives me headaches though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

It says on the main site that 2022 Beta was released in October last year. Is it still the same as the one I downloaded back then?

Yes, but for Macs it is now certified by Apple, which means it should run without a problem on newer macOSes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Yes, but for Macs it is now certified by Apple, which means it should run without a problem on newer macOSes.

Awesome! Making progress!

• Upvote 1

Modified CP cost to make polls. Instead of 1 CP per poll, it's

Can simultaneously create polls up to Polls attribute strength for 0 CPs. Each one to create after that is 1 CP.

For ex., let's say your primaries campaign has a Polls strength of 3. You can then create a poll in MI, AZ, and PA simultaneously and it costs you 0 CPs. However, if you want to create another poll on that turn in, say, WI, that will cost you 1 CP. Polls take a certain number of days to create, and so you have to wait until those polls finished being created to make a WI poll that didn't cost a CP.