270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

12 hours ago, IndependentPerson said:

There are two rounds/two dates for the general election...

The new Editor is continuing to be expanded. Pretty much everything in the Classic one should end up in the new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

The new Editor is continuing to be expanded. Pretty much everything in the Classic one should end up in the new one.

3 Q's...

1. What should players of PI expect in the next major update?

2. Are there any current plans to introduce entirely new features (other than the ones already in there) in the new Editor you have currently planned (only say yes or no, if you wish to expand go ahead but just a either/or response is fine)?

3. When can owners of PMI Canada/UK expect updates to start being *even* planned? General expected year is fine, but quarter/year is even better!

All of these Q's answers will be posted to the Wiki's Twitter, so keep that in mind. Anyhing you share you wish to remain here is up to you, but make it clear so I'm not violating any privacy expectations.

Thanks!

Just now, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

3 Q's...

1. What should players of PI expect in the next major update?

2. Are there any current plans to introduce entirely new features (other than the ones already in there) in the new Editor you have currently planned (only say yes or no, if you wish to expand go ahead but just a either/or response is fine)?

3. When can owners of PMI Canada/UK expect updates to start being *even* planned? General expected year is fine, but quarter/year is even better!

All of these Q's answers will be posted to the Wiki's Twitter, so keep that in mind. Anyhing you share you wish to remain here is up to you, but make it clear so I'm not violating any privacy expectations.

Thanks!

1. New Polls system.

2. Yes, Editor features should match any new game features (in this case, Polls system).

3. Don't know.

When I post on the forum, I'm posting publicly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

So not only will the Polling be different, the visual bar at the bottom will be too?

This is a minor change I did because I had implemented the graphs for the new polling system. Might be a few more changes like this, we'll see.

• Thanks 1

Ight Anthony. New Q.

So I was just going thjrough P4E, looking to see what happened each time I switched things on and off to see the most constant result, for pictures for the Wiki. What I discovered was that every time I re-started with the same exact starting option, different things happened literally every time. One time CA was tossup. Another time IL was safe R, then toss up. And no, I'm not changing something. I'm leaving everything but Economy off, and letting Indie 1 stay on-it's default. So, here is the question.

Does P4E have some sort of hidden randomizer when starting a new campaign?

19 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Ight Anthony. New Q.

So I was just going thjrough P4E, looking to see what happened each time I switched things on and off to see the most constant result, for pictures for the Wiki. What I discovered was that every time I re-started with the same exact starting option, different things happened literally every time. One time CA was tossup. Another time IL was safe R, then toss up. And no, I'm not changing something. I'm leaving everything but Economy off, and letting Indie 1 stay on-it's default. So, here is the question.

Does P4E have some sort of hidden randomizer when starting a new campaign?

I don't have access to the source code here, but my guess is yes, there is some randomization of starting %s.

• Like 1