270soft Forum

Next update thread

21 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Lol I think a -1 would be a bit much lol.

If we're going by that thought, didn't Trump have a hard time going on a ramp last year? Let's give him a -1 too lol 😛

Remember when Trump didn't know how to close an umbrella so he just left it there at the top of the ramp? Maybe -1 stamina and maybe minus one issue familiarity. I mean who doesn't know how to close an umbrella? (The -1 for issue familiarity is a joke, but really...closing an umbrella isn't hard.)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Main Screen and Electoral Info Screen will have a new button, the Polls Button. That opens a screen like RCP or 538 polls page. It depends on which region is selected on the Main Map. So, if

Editor should be a top priority  

@populist86 Polling system replaced (will significantly change game play), graphs added (should be better than PI Classic's graphs), editor completed. These are the core goals. Various other goals mig

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Remember when Trump didn't know how to close an umbrella so he just left it there at the top of the ramp? Maybe -1 stamina and maybe minus one issue familiarity. I mean who doesn't know how to close an umbrella? (The -1 for issue familiarity is a joke, but really...closing an umbrella isn't hard.)

Yes 😛

19 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Maybe if the game was trying to be the best Mary Poppins Trump would lose a point.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

Remember when Trump didn't know how to close an umbrella

Yet another hoax! 😂 Trump just leaves an umbrella at the entrance to AF1. I do the same thing often when entering my house. Sheesh, people.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Yet another hoax! 😂 Trump just leaves an umbrella at the entrance to AF1. I do the same thing often when entering my house. Sheesh, people.

-1 stamina for admin 😛

• Haha 2

Just a thought for a new feature, could it be possible to create scandals in the editor that trigger at a certain date. I know we can create events with negative momentum but we cant spin them.

Thanks

49 minutes ago, daons said:

Just a thought for a new feature, could it be possible to create scandals in the editor that trigger at a certain date. I know we can create events with negative momentum but we cant spin them.

Thanks

It would be possible ... Sometimes, it seems these events are planned in advance. For example, a media company has some info and decides to release it at a certain date. We'll see.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

The Polls chart will probably look something like this in the next release.

graph.thumb.png.de0228ed86db6457a1ec65087ed9e1b8.png

Amazing development. Will the timeline at the bottom expand as time goes on or just update and only show a week/month time?

I'd love an optional button to switch between start/finish and week/month so to see the absolute chaos of what is polling data.

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Amazing development. Will the timeline at the bottom expand as time goes on or just update and only show a week/month time?

I'd love an optional button to switch between start/finish and week/month so to see the absolute chaos of what is polling data.

Good question - would be easy to switch between all data and, say, last 2 months.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Good question - would be easy to switch between all data and, say, last 2 months.

I know RCP has the ability to show specific dates (Jan. 20, 2018 to Jan. 20, 2020), but I don't know exactly how useful  or how it would be implemented. But...I do think any and all features, even the smallest, would be appreciated by me and the fans-this includes maybe a new map, more features not seen in previous games, etc. 

But im no dev haha

• Upvote 1

It says that the latest Mac version is damaged and moves it to bin, this is for President Infinity 2021.... Why is this occurring, is it because I have the previous version installed?

2 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

will there be polls as well for the incumbent's approval ratings during the election? would be nice to see 

I would understand if this throws a monkey wrench into the system as a whole Anthony. But I think at least including events like "<president> Approval Ratings <increase/decrease>" and this acts as a booster or suppresser to the President's party (primaries) and to the candidate (general).

16 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

will there be polls as well for the incumbent's approval ratings during the election? would be nice to see 

No, no approval ratings at this point. Would have to add to game play somehow. This was the idea behind Favorability, but in the end it wasn't particularly interesting IMO as opposed to the %s.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I would understand if this throws a monkey wrench into the system as a whole Anthony. But I think at least including events like "<president> Approval Ratings <increase/decrease>" and this acts as a booster or suppresser to the President's party (primaries) and to the candidate (general).

Ya, but there's already news stories if %s go up. I'll consider it.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

No, no approval ratings at this point. Would have to add to game play somehow. This was the idea behind Favorability, but in the end it wasn't particularly interesting IMO as opposed to the %s.

One compromise you can have is just approval tending upwards or downwards. It wouldn't require an actual number. It might pop up every month or something. It would be an incumbent factor that just sort of influences the national polling. Didn't an older version of the game have some sort of economic impact? 

11 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

what do people think of Trump creating a new social media platform in 2-3 months?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/21/media/donald-trump-social-media-network/index.html

I think it could personally take a huge chunk out of twitter by doing this, and imo no one has done better w social media particularly in 2016 than trump. 

I don't think it will have that much of an impact. It's only going to pull in people that are ardent Trump supporters, many who are already having their posts censored on Facebook and Twitter. People that don't like Trump or vote for him only because he's not a Democrats, are not going to use that platform. Basically, it's going to be an echo chamber for a cult devoted primarily to a single political figure. I'm also curious if a social media platform that is an echo chamber can survive. One theory I have is that with the "death of newspapers" as an instrument of partisan politics, social media is filling the vacuum. Maybe we we will have AOC Social Media, Trump Social Media, Kamala Social Media, Cruz Social Media, etc. 

• Upvote 1