270soft Forum

Next update thread

4 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Is there a post where you explain the uses and reasons to use Spreadsheets function in the Editor? 

Also why did you never bring back the Predicition function from P4E08?

Don't think so. I could find this

"Editor > Regions > Spreadsheets > added Import and Export buttons for General election %s.

This allows you to export the existing general election %s to a spreadsheet file, edit it with a spreadsheet app, then import the modified %s."

Prediction feature in P4E8 actually took a lot of work. It would take a significant amount less now, if it were implemented for PI. It was dropped because it was a nice to have but not must have.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Main Screen and Electoral Info Screen will have a new button, the Polls Button. That opens a screen like RCP or 538 polls page. It depends on which region is selected on the Main Map. So, if

Editor should be a top priority  

@populist86 Polling system replaced (will significantly change game play), graphs added (should be better than PI Classic's graphs), editor completed. These are the core goals. Various other goals mig

Posted Images

Main Screen and Electoral Info Screen will have a new button, the Polls Button.

That opens a screen like RCP or 538 polls page. It depends on which region is selected on the Main Map.

So, if Arizona is selected, you would see a graph and polls for AZ.

Like this https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/arizona/

If the United States is selected, it would be like this

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

There will be a region selector at the top, so you can view different regions within the screen.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Main Screen and Electoral Info Screen will have a new button, the Polls Button.

That opens a screen like RCP or 538 polls page. It depends on which region is selected on the Main Map.

So, if Arizona is selected, you would see a graph and polls for AZ.

Like this https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/arizona/

If the United States is selected, it would be like this

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

There will be a region selector at the top, so you can view different regions within the screen.

Very cool!

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Biden -1 stamina 

Lol I think a -1 would be a bit much lol.

If we're going by that thought, didn't Trump have a hard time going on a ramp last year? Let's give him a -1 too lol 😛

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Biden -1 stamina 

I do think his Stamina should be like a 3. Although, if we are going to use this instance, one could argue Trump's slow shuffling on the ramp should also penalize him. I'm not sure difficulties with walking should be the measure of stamina anyway. It should be measured by campaign activity. Trump, despite his age, should probably still have like a 7 in stamina, barring any major health issues. I think Biden should probably have a 3 in stamina based off last election. 

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think Biden should probably have a 3 in stamina based off last election.

Sounds right. He's an old guy climbing stairs. These things happen. Didn't he injure his foot playing with his dogs a little while back?

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

What I'd love to see is a selector between "Internal" and "External" polls on the Main Map. SO let's say External polls say you're losing AZ by 10 points, right. Yet your Internals say it's a Tossup territory of 2%. So thus each map would look somewhat different.

Ya, you can weight polls, but having a toggle like that is probably worthwhile.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Lol I think a -1 would be a bit much lol.

If we're going by that thought, didn't Trump have a hard time going on a ramp last year? Let's give him a -1 too lol 😛

Trump walked slowly, that could be argued a .3 drop or so 

Biden tripping twice in his first 100 days in office? It's a bad sign. -1 🥰

trust me by 2022 we'll be arguing for pages about Biden's stamina being at a 1 or a 0 in the update. 

24 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Sounds right. He's an old guy climbing stairs. These things happen. Didn't he injure his foot playing with his dogs a little while back?

If Biden is a 3 I guess we're grading on a curve? Trump's stamina should be an 8 then and a 6 or 7 after his covid. 

No one can tell me that Biden was doing minimal campaigning purely bc of covid. 

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I do think his Stamina should be like a 3. Although, if we are going to use this instance, one could argue Trump's slow shuffling on the ramp should also penalize him. I'm not sure difficulties with walking should be the measure of stamina anyway. It should be measured by campaign activity. Trump, despite his age, should probably still have like a 7 in stamina, barring any major health issues. I think Biden should probably have a 3 in stamina based off last election. 

We agree! wow. 🤗 (intended to be a positive emoticon of togetherness) 

9 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump walked slowly, that could be argued a .3 drop or so 

Biden tripping twice in his first 100 days in office? It's a bad sign. -1 🥰

trust me by 2022 we'll be arguing for pages about Biden's stamina being at a 1 or a 0 in the update. 

Ok

2 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

We agree! wow. 🤗 (intended to be a positive emoticon of togetherness) 

Basically, I think 3 is about the lowest in stamina someone could have and still be active daily. I think at 2 or less, the politician would have to be someone that is virtually part time. While I easily voted Biden, I've been fairly critical about the age of politicians in these recent elections. Biden, Trump, Sanders, Clinton, Gravel, Warren are all too old. I think my preferred cut off age is 65, with an ideal age range between 50-55. Nevertheless, I'd vote for someone 120 years old (or even an inanimate object) if they were the nominee for the most socially liberal party with a chance at 270 EVs. This also means I'd have reluctantly voted for Trump if his party was more socially liberal than the Democrats and he was the nominee. 

Just now, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

1. If Cuomo is a 2024 candidate, you better lower his Integrity a couple degrees.

2. I wonder how much work it will be implementing all the poll changes for the older scenarios.

I guess the debate then is. What is Trump's integrity? Should Cuomo have the same, better, or worse integrity than Trump? Why or why not? 

31 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I'm not debating this. All I'm saying is lower Cuomo's integrity by at least 1 for 2024.

Oh ok. I completely agree with that. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I wonder how much work it will be implementing all the poll changes for the older scenarios.

None. If a campaign doesn't specify polling info, default will be used.

• Thanks 1

Anthony - Could it be worth it to implement as an event floundering campaigns leaking internals to try and sway momentum for a positive news cycle? A strategy that will likely backfire in most cases but maybe interesting nonetheless.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, populist86 said:

Anthony - Could it be worth it to implement as an event floundering campaigns leaking internals to try and sway momentum for a positive news cycle? A strategy that will likely backfire in most cases but maybe interesting nonetheless.

This is actually an idea I'd love to see expanded upon. Right now "<candidate>'s Campaign In Collapse!" is just a headline which drives negative momenteum for a few turns and doesn't really hurt or change the game beyond momentum, a unique headline, and a unique event. 

I'd propose this does what Mon said, but also acts like a trigger, where either other parties offer back-door aide for certain non-aggression pacts, where lower-level campaigns start attacking you more (like it catches their attention or something), or even causes you to lose foot soldiers or fundraising capacity. Or it could even drain the fund capacity from certain states. IDK, im not the ideas man around here.

3 hours ago, populist86 said:

Yes, leak poll is an action that is intended.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, vcczar said:

Basically, I think 3 is about the lowest in stamina someone could have and still be active daily. I think at 2 or less, the politician would have to be someone that is virtually part time. While I easily voted Biden, I've been fairly critical about the age of politicians in these recent elections. Biden, Trump, Sanders, Clinton, Gravel, Warren are all too old. I think my preferred cut off age is 65, with an ideal age range between 50-55. Nevertheless, I'd vote for someone 120 years old (or even an inanimate object) if they were the nominee for the most socially liberal party with a chance at 270 EVs. This also means I'd have reluctantly voted for Trump if his party was more socially liberal than the Democrats and he was the nominee. 

Biden was virtually part time in the last election excusing it as Covid related. Even in 2022 it'll be interesting to see how much active campaigning he is doing.

It's not just necessarily an age thing, but an energy one. Bernie at 78 was a fantastic campaigner and could arguably be at a 5-6 stamina wise.