270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

4 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

@Anthony_270 I have a question regarding the new payment system. So when you release the next update, PI wont receive an new update for a whole year? We as the customers have to buy each years version? Then we have to buy each subsequent year for each game we own?

The next PI update will probably the final major one for 2021.

Owners of PI can get the next year's version (2022) for a significant discount (half price). 2022 won't be released until sometime in that year.

15 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

The next PI update will probably the final major one for 2021.

Owners of PI can get the next year's version (2022) for a significant discount (half price). 2022 won't be released until sometime in that year.

Will the editor be fully workable in the next update?

57 minutes ago, IndependentPerson said:

You could consider that in the future. Such a system is used in Louisiana, California, and Washington...(and I understand, you had interest at one time in creating a California 2018 scenario)

Yes, adding things like jungle primaries, MMP, and other electoral systems is something I would like to do. But right now it's not at the top of the list. This might happen.

You can now view regions by cumulative seats to achieve a 'snake chart' effect which was used in 538's recent election coverage, by selecting 'Furthest %s' mode.

electoral_strategy_cumulative_seats.thumb.png.f331135f36e95fce2b86d73c7b118d58.png

Here you can see that Trump needs to take NM, PA, VA, and FL (according to the latest %s the campaign has) in order to win if he only won the regions closest by the latest %s.

• Like 3

I'm adding a CPs indicator that is standardized and included at the top left of any screen where you can do things that take CPs (except the Main Screen, where it's displayed next to the candidate image).

Here's an example.

cps.thumb.png.b94354fc8fa84d24f22e978a72e63dfb.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FloridaDemocrat said:

Keep getting this when I am trying to start the 2020 official scenario

image.thumb.png.730167471863914f3100013a74634d84.png

I did that as well but I clicked within the box and it worked.

15 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

I did that as well but I clicked within the box and it worked.

I had this problem too, just found out the game only works properly when you run it as administrator. (1.0 and 1.1)

14 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

It just looked like that initially? What were your start options?

I was in 2016, primaries on and easy or medium? 

1 hour ago, Berg2036 said:

I was in 2016, primaries on and easy or medium? 

OK, as @Luke22 says, it requires being run as admin. Right click on the icon and select 'Run as admin'. I'll update the install to require this.