270soft Forum

The Mark of Cain?

Patine

@Anthony_270I believe that warning posts for moderation that NEVER expire have become an anachronistic, overkill, and melodramatic stigma of almost Torahic, Quranic, or Vedic proportions (but not the forgiving nature of ACTUAL Christian doctrine - the basis of Western society, or even pragmatic and temporalist Atheist and Agnostic viewpoints) and COULD possibly even be used as ammunition for unpleasant and incendiary exchanges long after the instance was ever relevant. I am asking for a reconsideration of this bizarrely perpetualist application of moderation mechanics on this site.

On 2/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, Patine said:

@Anthony_270I believe that warning posts for moderation that NEVER expire have become an anachronistic, overkill, and melodramatic stigma of almost Torahic, Quranic, or Vedic proportions (but not the forgiving nature of ACTUAL Christian doctrine - the basis of Western society, or even pragmatic and temporalist Atheist and Agnostic viewpoints) and COULD possibly even be used as ammunition for unpleasant and incendiary exchanges long after the instance was ever relevant. I am asking for a reconsideration of this bizarrely perpetualist application of moderation mechanics on this site.

@Anthony_270could you please answer this question? It actually ties into the sincerity and genuinity by you, and on the tenor of the site, when you say things like, "let's move forward," and imply old fights and old baggage should be left behind, in terms of discussion and conduct and such. This question is very much a more practical view of whether you're truly willing to ante up to that in a way - and a VERY important way - that can be judged in the very short-term. Please answer? Will "warning points that never expire," continue to hold such a hyperbolic, vindictive, and unproductive status, or will they, too, be moved on from?