270soft Forum

Photos

5 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

@Admin

Why are there no photos of McAfee, Vohra, Supreme, Dwayne Johnson, Mark Cuban, Stephen Colbert, or Jim Gray? OK, the first three are/and look pretty crazy, but what about the others?

I find and crop tonnes of my own images for these games (especially given I make a lot of custom scenarios, including for a large number of elections not covered in "official," scenarios, or even the countries or polities "official," tend to set in.

5 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

@Admin

Why are there no photos of McAfee, Vohra, Supreme, Dwayne Johnson, Mark Cuban, Stephen Colbert, or Jim Gray? OK, the first three are/and look pretty crazy, but what about the others?

Usually, it's because of copyright issues and or quality of any images available.

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Usually, it's because of copyright issues and or quality of any images available.

9 hours ago, Jinsu Kim said:

@Admin

Wikipedia images are always publicly available, and I believe all of the above people have at least one there.

19 hours ago, Patine said:

Wikipedia images are always publicly available

Ya, they're usually under a Creative Commons license - not the same as public domain. Add in the quality is usually not very good, and it's not worth the pain in the butt to add in.

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Ya, they're usually under a Creative Commons license - not the same as public domain. Add in the quality is usually not very good, and it's not worth the pain in the butt to add in.

Many of the images I use in my custom scenarios you'd likely consider substandard. Then again, legally, I have an edge over you. You, as the developer and distributor, commercially, of the game, could be said to be profiting from official scenarios. As a custom fan scenario designer, like such a custom fan designer using an editor for a Civilization or Age of Empires iteration, and posting my work online gratis, for all to use, am not. And deriving profit is one of the biggest sources of legal challenge to usage copyrighted material (along with ways the copyright holder views as unflattering, inappropriate, not in line with their IP"s vision - if an IP - or and insult or smear). That is, unfortunately, a legal trap strategy game developers face easier than those who make custom fan scenarios for pleasure. So perhaps your position, as opposed to mine, can be understood.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:19 PM, IndependentPerson said:

@Admin

Say, @Anthony_270, you could try meeting some of those guys and getting good pictures of them. That way, nobody can claim copyright out of your photos. 😎

• Haha 1