270soft Forum

Official Un-Official 270soft Wiki Update Thread

2014 HOUSE CAMPAIGN (Congress Infinity):

-Added New Mexico info

-Added both DCCC and NRCC logos for both infoboxes

-Realized my ineptitude allowed me to post the "2014 SENATE" home screen photo, and not the 2014 HOUSE-will fix later.

-Added first 3 GOP surrogates and all their relevant information. 

2014 House Campaign (Congress Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

• Upvote 1

Complete revamp of the 2018 Florida Senatorial page. 

-Added new "County Breakdown", where you can sort the list of counties by name, population, R  %, D%, Lead%, Org. Strength for both, Platform Distance for both. The table also says you can sort by County Status, but I'm not sure. 

Also added Legend for the uninitiated who don't know what the abbreviated Platform Distance and Organization Strength are. 

Also added a list for a guide to Tossup, Lean, Likely, and Safe % margins. 

Also added larger version of starting State Map-thinking I'll replace it with an actual "state map" and not just a screenshot of the starting screen of the game.

Florida 2018 Senatorial Campaign (President Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Complete revamp of the 2018 Florida Senatorial page. 

-Added new "County Breakdown", where you can sort the list of counties by name, population, R  %, D%, Lead%, Org. Strength for both, Platform Distance for both. The table also says you can sort by County Status, but I'm not sure. 

Also added Legend for the uninitiated who don't know what the abbreviated Platform Distance and Organization Strength are. 

Also added a list for a guide to Tossup, Lean, Likely, and Safe % margins. 

Also added larger version of starting State Map-thinking I'll replace it with an actual "state map" and not just a screenshot of the starting screen of the game.

Florida 2018 Senatorial Campaign (President Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

-replaced old top image with new, more targeted State Map. More beautiful, better looking. Also it's not so redundant and more useful being up there. 

• Upvote 1

-Added counties to the table 27/67. Also added the bottom row for Total pop, %, % lead, platform distance for state total, and final outcome for state. 

-Removed "Organization Strength" for both D/R after realizing this is the same for nearly every county. 

-Added "Party Gain" column, telling whether this is a current party leader county gain or not (Neither)

Page Future

-Finish County Breakdown, check accuracy

-Add Endorsements Section

-Add Republican and Democrat Party info.

-Add more photos to the Gallery

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

Finished all 67 counties!!!

Added every Endorser!!

Aside from Parties and Candidates, there are only small improvements that still need to be made to this page.

Did you include the Libertarian Party, American Independent Party, Independent, and Write-in candidates?

17 hours ago, Patine said:

Did you include the Libertarian Party, American Independent Party, Independent, and Write-in candidates?

No, as this is not the Wikipedia page for the 2018 Senate race in Florida. It is for the 2018 Senate Scenario in President Infinity (which sadly does not include a third party to observe from, :(.),  which only has the D and R parties. So thus no need to include any third party info. 

I am thinking of creating some type of map for each area-specific endorser, maybe to try and help those players who don't mentally understand the area these endorsers affect-I don't mean to be offensive there. I mean "mentally understand" as in you can't visualize a endorser's AoE, Area of Effect. I know it's hard for me to, lol. 

I'm brainstorming right now, but I'm considering using a fully-colored map to show "full state affected", then go from there in including maps with 1-5 counties colored in. I'd accept ideas, but until I actually do anything about it, i'll just leave them here. 

Thanks for the question, though. Much appreciate the outrach!

-Added all relavant "Area of Effect" maps to all 0-Star Endorsers who effect specific counties/regions.

-Fixed quite a few minor spelling errors

-Swapped wiki color Sky Blue (used to represent "Lean Democrat") with Cornflower Blue (I believe this other color better represents the light blue nature of Lean Democrat rather than the near grey-blue-light of Sky.). Now onto my school work.

Republican Party | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

Added new page, Republican Party Hub page!

-Added full recent (aka full 21st century) history of the Republican party with links to President, House and Senate campaigns relevant to the discussed topic. 

-Thinking of adding a Wookiepedia-style hidden table of:

-Campaigns this party appears in.

-Candidates which appear in this party.

The list would be split into to parts, duh the second part would be longer. 

Future:

Wanting to create pages for all parties, including the Democrats, Reform, Libertarians, Greens, Ye, Independents (those without a real party name). I'd like to also add all candidates in these parties before hand at least one per party, so that the list at the end of these glorified articles aren't completely red. If you'd like to help add in party history, I'd like to see what you're willing to add-I know that history can be put in subjective terms, but I want to keep subjectivity limited. Saying "The Republicans have had a problem with racism" in the history portion isn't the goal. Instead, saying "Republicans had a problem with the scientific establishment in the 2020 election" is better. Same with the Democrats. Yes, the party had a problem with the KKK in the late 19th century, but solely focusing on those aspects is not what the 270soft wiki or 270soft in general is about. 

So if you're willing to contribute, please reach out to me either on my Wiki profile's Message Wall, reply in this post, on the Twitter (@The270softWiki2), or Reddit (u/Darrel-Mandeka). If none of those are suitable, reach out to me on Steam as well at Darrel-Mandeka.

I'd love any assistance as history is long and difficult to retell, but I want to be relatively non-partisan and fair to all sides-but at the same time I don't want the editing war of Wikipedia to come to my site as partisan bickering and fact-telling takes away from actually documenting fair history.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Can you please make a text analog to it? The only videos I watch online (and thus say on YouTube and other places) are official music videos, movies, television episodes, and the odd old commercials from my younger days. I tend to find most Internet video media annoying and distracting - and I know I'm not the only one. And even though I've gotten incredulous questions, statements about how ideas are transferred in the modern day and that Internet videos are a perfect mode of sharing ideas, and even once, on another forum, called, "willfully blind," I tend to stick to my guns and politely request text analogs. In fact, here's an OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO - ironically, given the mournful lyrics on the topic, the inaugural music video when MTV first signed onto the air in 1981, that kind of sums it up.

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (Official Music Video) - YouTube

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Can you please make a text analog to it? The only videos I watch online (and thus say on YouTube and other places) are official music videos, movies, television episodes, and the odd old commercials from my younger days. I tend to find most Internet video media annoying and distracting - and I know I'm not the only one. And even though I've gotten incredulous questions, statements about how ideas are transferred in the modern day and that Internet videos are a perfect mode of sharing ideas, and even once, on another forum, called, "willfully blind," I tend to stick to my guns and politely request text analogs. In fact, here's an OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO - ironically, given the mournful lyrics on the topic, the inaugural music video when MTV first signed onto the air in 1981, that kind of sums it up.

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (Official Music Video) - YouTube

I enabled captions. Is that helpful?

6 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

2012 Senate - Congress Forever | The 270soft Wiki

Added full list of Default Race Ratings and Incumbent Party colors, excluding those candidates who were not an incumbent from either party.

So, I take it no Third Party candidates, or Independent candidates that were not incumbent and/or didn't win (again)?

3 hours ago, Patine said:

So, I take it no Third Party candidates, or Independent candidates that were not incumbent and/or didn't win (again)?

We are going strictly off 270soft campaigns. Not what the real life equivilant was. So if there was not "Independent" in the 2018 Florida scenario, we don't include it. 

We're not a Wikipedia page.

10 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

We are going strictly off 270soft campaigns. Not what the real life equivilant was. So if there was not "Independent" in the 2018 Florida scenario, we don't include it. 

We're not a Wikipedia page.

I've criticized @admin_270 for his "incomplete," scenarios and outright refusal to consider Third Party and Independent candidates outside the Libertarian, Green, and, in old "official," scenarios, Constitution Party candidates in Presidential ones (but never ones related to Congress), as well as pointless dabblers with no meaningful platform of note, like Schultz, and obnoxious, sensationalist, celebrity Trump shills like West. This is an issue I've made feedback about to him, before, which he's been annoyingly ambivalent to. Especially given he's done Canadian and Alberta scenarios in the past with almost every single party that actually ran, no matter how minor - even if many of his minor party platforms were really phoned in and/or bizzarely and jarringly generic.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I've criticized @admin_270 for his "incomplete," scenarios and outright refusal to consider Third Party and Independent candidates outside the Libertarian, Green, and, in old "official," scenarios, Constitution Party candidates in Presidential ones (but never ones related to Congress), as well as pointless dabblers with no meaningful platform of note, like Schultz, and obnoxious, sensationalist, celebrity Trump shills like West. This is an issue I've made feedback about to him, before, which he's been annoyingly ambivalent to. Especially given he's done Canadian and Alberta scenarios in the past with almost every single party that actually ran, no matter how minor - even if many of his minor party platforms were really phoned in and/or bizzarely and jarringly generic.

Note that Don Blankenship has hardly/if ever got any media attention in 2019/20. Kanye West and Howard Schultz got some attention (and mockery). Howie Hawkins did get an interview with MSNBC (once, so far I know). Jesse Ventura might have gotten a little attention if he ran. Gloria La Riva got attention only from left-wing/far-left channels like Liberation News and Democracy Now (she did get an interview with CGTN, but I don't know where it stands on the political spectrum). Also, what about Rocky De La Fuente who got more votes than LaRiva, West, or Blankenship? Maybe, that is a factor.

19 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Note that Don Blankenship has hardly/if ever got any media attention in 2019/20. Kanye West and Howard Schultz got some attention (and mockery). Howie Hawkins did get an interview with MSNBC (once, so far I know). Jesse Ventura might have gotten a little attention if he ran. Gloria La Riva got attention only from left-wing/far-left channels like Liberation News and Democracy Now (she did get an interview with CGTN, but I don't know where it stands on the political spectrum). Also, what about Rocky De La Fuente who got more votes than LaRiva, West, or Blankenship? Maybe, that is a factor.

I'd still like to see them in game, regardless.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

I'd still like to see them in game, regardless.

The only suggestion I have for you at this point is to make your own scenario, sign up for a Campaigns.270soft account, and get your scenario out onto that website. There's only so much that can be done. If you want all the extremely small third parties included in your scenarios, go ahead and edit them in, like I will be for my Let's Watch videos with scenarios with no Observer mode.

49 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

The only suggestion I have for you at this point is to make your own scenario, sign up for a Campaigns.270soft account, and get your scenario out onto that website. There's only so much that can be done. If you want all the extremely small third parties included in your scenarios, go ahead and edit them in, like I will be for my Let's Watch videos with scenarios with no Observer mode.

That would be a great suggestion, but my personal priorities, as I had said to @admin_270with a similar response, are a lot of other planned scenarios for PI, PMI, CI, and K4E, the majority with no official or previous fanmade version yet, and for mostly non-U.S. and/or historical subject matter. As much as I think touching up "official," PI and CI TheorySpark scenarios should be done in the areas I've stated - and others - it's not a strong priority for my own work, I'm afraid.

• 5 months later...