270soft Forum

Price structure for games

On 1/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, admin_270 said:

Another option is yearly new versions. So you purchase PI 2020, then get updates to that until a major update which is PI 2021, for which you can pay a discounted price, and so on.

This might be the best option. I guess it is sort of a subscription model, but one that is more firmly placed around a major event (that is, an update).

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

This might be the best option. I guess it is sort of a subscription model, but one that is more firmly placed around a major event (that is, an update).

Yes, I like the idea of having more time to prepare a major new version. People then aren't buying a pig in a poke - they can see the new features the 2022 version has when it's released.

• 1 month later...

@Anthony_270Are you close to any decision on this? Because I'm sitting on lapsed but initially subscribed for PI, CI, and PMI Canada games (and it won't even given me the last few updates I'm due for each that I didn't actually download before the subscription expired - it demands a resubscription, even though I have a couple updates for each within my subscription period). I won't be able to resubscribe till the spring. So, if you decide on a more expedient model than subscription (and I always hated computer game subscription and found it a bit of a "cheap," model), I'd like a heads-up, please. You haven't posted on it for over a month.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@Anthony_270Are you close to any decision on this? Because I'm sitting on lapsed but initially subscribed for PI, CI, and PMI Canada games (and it won't even given me the last few updates I'm due for each that I didn't actually download before the subscription expired - it demands a resubscription, even though I have a couple updates for each within my subscription period). I won't be able to resubscribe till the spring. So, if you decide on a more expedient model than subscription (and I always hated computer game subscription and found it a bit of a "cheap," model), I'd like a heads-up, please. You haven't posted on it for over a month.

Subscriptions are gone.

https://270soft.com/2021/02/05/phasing-out-subscriptions-moving-to-major-release-model/

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Anthony_270 said:

So, what does this mean for the subscription-based content I was not able to yet acquire on the three games I'd subscribed to because my subscription lapsed sometime last year?

2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Can't parse sentence - can you rephrase?

Do I get the game updates put out for the three Infinity games I purchased from the the time of lapse of my subscription sometime last year until now by some mechanism? They would be kind of needed to build new big updates in your system onto....

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Do I get the game updates put out for the three Infinity games I purchased from the the time of lapse of my subscription sometime last year until now by some mechanism? They would be kind of needed to build new big updates in your system onto....

So, any answer, @Anthony_270?

And it seems apparent that that laugh emote on your last post, as well several others, which were actually quite inappropriate and incendiary, within the last two days, also on your posts, are actually, obviously, the poster placing them laughing at me, usually in ways that are not all funny, but quite unacceptable to be invoking humour on.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Sorry, I don't understand this. Redownload link is

https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Sorry, I don't understand this. Redownload link is

https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/

Let me try again. It's not clear on how to get content of Infinity games up to date if you don't have an active subscription, but previously had one that lapsed. Does a lapsed subscription count as, "having a subscription," in the terms of redownloading?

4 hours ago, Patine said:

Let me try again. It's not clear on how to get content of Infinity games up to date if you don't have an active subscription, but previously had one that lapsed. Does a lapsed subscription count as, "having a subscription," in the terms of redownloading?

I would recommend trying out the download link, to find out which games you currently can download or not. Once you enter your e-mail address, there will be another link displayed - click on that to see what games are available.

Any further questions, you can contact me at https://270soft.com/contact/

Hope this helps!

• Haha 1