270soft Forum

Watching and Playing More Elections

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:

The Filibuster Wars happened before the Confederacy. The occupation will happen as usual.

My point is obviously lost. There's a general reason those Latin American nations held de jure independence (even if falling under foreign sway unofficially) for 200 years now, despite the competing spheres of the United States, the European Colonial powers, and later, the Soviet Union. I think you're overestimating the simplicity and ease they would be conquered - and viably and profitably held and controlled - especially by a slaver nation.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

My point is obviously lost. There's a general reason those Latin American nations held de jure independence (even if falling under foreign sway unofficially) for 200 years now, despite the competing spheres of the United States, the European Colonial powers, and later, the Soviet Union. I think you're overestimating the simplicity and ease they would be conquered - and viably and profitably held and controlled - especially by a slaver nation.

The Confederacy won't conquer them in this timeline.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, Jinsu Kim said:

US 1872

Charles Francis Adams/Salmon Chase
Ulysses Grant/Henry Wilson
Thomas Bayard/Charles O'Conor
Charles O'Conor/Samuel J. Tilden
Victoria Woodhull/Frederick Douglass
James Black/John Mitchell

[In the game, the House chooses Republicans, but In this timeline, I'll make Adams President]

US1872.JPG

US1872.csv 3.98 kB · 0 downloads

BTW, House chooses Adams, Senate chooses Wilson in my timeline.