270soft Forum

Next update thread

7 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

so you pay a single one time fee every year to get it "updated"? vs getting charged a fee automatically every year? 

Each yearly version will have significant updates out of the gate, then minor updates for bug fixes and minor feature additions. You can choose to get the latest version, or wait until another year's if you don't find the update compelling.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

So you can consider 3.1.1 to be 2020, and 3.3.6 2021. But 3.3.6 isn't complete yet, so it will be a bit before 2021 has its major features implemented.

The hype! 

Honestly guys I'd rather y'all put eyes and help out on the Wiki than just keep asking the same question over and over again.

It feels as though I'm the emo kid in a super large family car ride/road trip and all I keep hearing are variations on "Are We There Yet?" as I contemplate what my next graveside poem will be lololol.

4 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Honestly guys I'd rather y'all put eyes and help out on the Wiki than just keep asking the same question over and over again.

It feels as though I'm the emo kid in a super large family car ride/road trip and all I keep hearing are variations on "Are We There Yet?" as I contemplate what my next graveside poem will be lololol.

Not self-promotional in the least. 🙄

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Berg2036 said:

@admin_270 So far loving the spreadsheet compatibility. Will we also be able to do the for the primaries and for regional data like population?

I intend to keep expanding the Spreadsheet feature.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

At this point it's better than asking the same question you already know the answer to.

I SUSPECT the answer to, is the accurate response. @admin_270won't give me an answer. And what I'm asking for repeatedly (and certain other posters are, regardless of @PoliticalPundit's "only one poster," ploy) would far more greatly expand the horizons and perspectice of this game than his current top priorities at the moment, to be honest. And as a consumer of these games since 2007, I feel it is my purrogative and duty to push for the best features to be added to the game. So, please stop and desist with your advise of defeatism in the future - it will not be heeded or given credence.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

I SUSPECT the answer to, is the accurate response. @admin_270won't give me an answer. And what I'm asking for repeatedly (and certain other posters are, regardless of @PoliticalPundit's "only one poster," ploy) would far more greatly expand the horizons and perspectice of this game than his current top priorities at the moment, to be honest. And as a consumer of these games since 2007, I feel it is my purrogative and duty to push for the best features to be added to the game. So, please stop and desist with your advise of defeatism in the future - it will not be heeded or given credence.

I wouldn't call my continued replies defeatism. I'm simply trying to point out that not only does 270soft have other things it needs to prioritize (especially this year's UK election and further improving PI) but the fact that a lot of what you're asking can (and in some User Created Scenarios) has been done already. Is it a little disappointing that we don't have 700 candidates in the 2020 scenario? Yeah, I'd say it's kinda disappointing. But that's the beauty of the campaign editor!

1 minute ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I wouldn't call my continued replies defeatism. I'm simply trying to point out that not only does 270soft have other things it needs to prioritize (especially this year's UK election and further improving PI) but the fact that a lot of what you're asking can (and in some User Created Scenarios) has been done already. Is it a little disappointing that we don't have 700 candidates in the 2020 scenario? Yeah, I'd say it's kinda disappointing. But that's the beauty of the campaign editor!

I was moreso referring to my requests for electoral systems other than Electoral College or two-round popular vote Presidential or FPTP/Australian system legislative elections (you know, all those other electoral systems that the great majority of elections out there are conducted under). The complete list of candidates in "official," scenarios was never really one of my highest priorities to push - but it seems to the one you've currently latched onto in that regard. :S

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I was moreso referring to my requests for electoral systems other than Electoral College or two-round popular vote Presidential or FPTP/Australian system legislative elections (you know, all those other electoral systems that the great majority of elections out there are conducted under). The complete list of candidates in "official," scenarios was never really one of my highest priorities to push - but it seems to the one you've currently latched onto in that regard. :S

Well, I don't have a great response there. Other than, I guess, maybe make it up yourself? Idk haha

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Well, I don't have a great response there. Other than, I guess, maybe make it up yourself? Idk haha

I am neither a programmer nor have @admin_270's source code, both of which would be needed for your dismissive, "DIY solution."

3 hours ago, Patine said:

stop quoting me. its not a "ploy" its seeing someone who won't stop talking about some ridiculous concept that the admin has made clear has no interest in doing. Take a hint!

It's verging on harassment at this point, but given your history of constantly spamming posts when someone won't respond to you I'm not shocked at all. 

again. STOP QUOTING ME. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

The next UK election isn't until 2024.

7 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

stop quoting me. its not a "ploy" its seeing someone who won't stop talking about some ridiculous concept that the admin has made clear has no interest in doing. Take a hint!

It's verging on harassment at this point, but given your history of constantly spamming posts when someone won't respond to you I'm not shocked at all. 

again. STOP QUOTING ME. 

I just said he refuses to give a solid answer on it. That's not, "has made clear has no interest in doing." And besides, as a consumer of this game, I am entitled to push for my views of how it should be improved as much as anyone else. It's obtuse posts like this, which you make almost every time you log in, that are verging on harassment. You seem to feel that only certain views and input on this game's expansion and new options and features should be expressed, and aggressively state that others should effectively self-censor themselves, based on your personal viewpoint of things.

4 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Sorry, I assumed they were every two years, seeing as there was a 2017 and 2019 scenario. I don't follow foreign politics much.

The next Canadian should be 2023 for the Canadian PMI, unless the Government is brought down in a vote of no confidence (like the one just narrowly avoided because the NDP decided not to join in pushing for it late last year). But there are tonnes of elections in the world that go by - many quite pivotal - that would provide greats 'in's,' for bringing an MMP, PR, or STV election aspect to the PMI/CI engines that are just not capitalized on, or seemingly even considered at all, by @admin_270. But he complains he needs real world elections to introduce these things, by his own marketing scheme. He doesn't really need to take the "fine china," view of an opportunity here, to be perfectly honest.

10 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Sorry, I assumed they were every two years, seeing as there was a 2017 and 2019 scenario. I don't follow foreign politics much.

They're every 4 years. However, snap elections tend to happen. But with the Tories having such a comfortable majority there will not be an election until 2024.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

They're every 4 years. However, snap elections tend to happen. But with the Tories having such a comfortable majority there will not be an election until 2024.

Actually, a Parliament in the UK, and most Westminster system legislative bodies, can be held up to five years, barring dissolution or a vote of no confidence. Canada Federally, as well as Alberta, BC, and a couple other Canadian (but not all) Canadian Provinces, cut that down in the 2000's to four years, again barring dissolution or a vote of no-confidence, but that doesn't other Westminster systems, who maintain the traditional five-year maximum term, barring dissolution or a vote of no-confidence, , like the UK, Australia (and it's State and Territory governments), India (and it's State and Territory governments), Sri Lanka, obstensibly Pakistan and Bangladesh, the Anglo-Caribbean countries, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Western Samoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, and some African members of the Commonwealth, as well as the British Overseas Territories, New Zealand States in Free Association, and Australian External Territories, and the Northern Ireland Assembly (but not the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly, or legislative bodies of the Isle of Man or Channel Islands, whose election terms seem to be set in stone), even though not all of these are Constitutional Monarchies or have FPTP electoral systems.