270soft Forum

Next update thread

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Been changing some things in the core game engine classes as Voting Blocs is implemented.

The next release won't have a Voting Blocs option for campaign designers - that probably won't happen for awhile. Instead, all campaigns without a voting_blocs file will automatically generate voting blocs. The Voting Bloc Categories are Regions, then Parties. Each of the Voting Blocs within those Categories have Platforms, which are specified by the already existing political_units and parties files.

So, things will look pretty much the same as they do know, but the architecture will be changed to actually use a Voting Blocs system.

The hype :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

On 1/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Patine said:

Not "just one" player wants expansions of game options to adequately simulate non-American or non-FPTP/Australian system elections in general, even as option for fanmade scenarios. Even a fair number of those players wanting such expanded options ARE actually American, but amazingly enough, understand, appreciate, and have a desire to create and play scenario material around non-American elections. But saying one player does is a very common, but highly disingenuous and underhanded, tactic to dismiss viewpoints or marketing desires that ones doesn't like and to downplay in a derisive and unbecoming manner. This tactic is especially transparent when you use it.

Or I'm just acknowledging you're the only one demanding and ranting for paragraphs on end about some non American  election system compared to everyone else in the thread. 

I'm not getting into this with you despite obvious rule violations from you (for like the 300th time). Not worth it. 

43 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I'm not getting into this with you despite obvious rule violations from you (for like the 300th time). Not worth it. 

Pot, meet kettle. The boss man from "Resevoir Dogs," has made a special exception and allowed the, "Mr. Black," moniker for multiple people this time. ;)

On 1/29/2021 at 8:43 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

Yes! :D

Optional endorser surrogate images are a must! 

Pester me when the Endorsers Screen for the Editor is being worked on. 😉

Just wanted to take a moment and let those who didn't know that YouTube channels Blind Boy Gaming and Politics and CristianPlayz are uploading 270soft gameplay videos. Feel free to check them out. 

This also prompted a question: @admin_270 have you considered starting a Bitchute channel to upload 270soft Official help videos? My own experience with the site right now is pretty bad, but I'd be stoked to see you get a shoutout from Styxhexenhammer in one of his "small channel shoutout" videos.

22 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Just wanted to take a moment and let those who didn't know that YouTube channels Blind Boy Gaming and Politics and CristianPlayz are uploading 270soft gameplay videos. Feel free to check them out. 

This also prompted a question: @admin_270 have you considered starting a Bitchute channel to upload 270soft Official help videos? My own experience with the site right now is pretty bad, but I'd be stoked to see you get a shoutout from Styxhexenhammer in one of his "small channel shoutout" videos.

"CristianPlayz?" What is the general content of that dubiously named channel, if I may be so bold as to inquire?

57 minutes ago, Patine said:

"CristianPlayz?" What is the general content of that dubiously named channel, if I may be so bold as to inquire?

It's pretty general. Recently he's started uploading 270soft-related videos. My channel, Blind Boy Gaming and Politics, is also "dubiously named. But regardless, it doesn't matter. What matters is that our channels are uploading videos related to this company's content.

3 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Don't know much about Bitchute.

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Don't know much about Bitchute.

I know absolutely nothing about it. I only watch music videos on YouTube.

Will be switching probably pretty soon from a subscription model to a yearly model (one major release per year, with minor updates to it after that).

Everyone on subscription will be grandfathered in for at least the duration of their current subscription - no need to worry about that.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

For 2021, significant major updates will continue probably for sometime into 2021. Then there'll be a pause as 2022 is worked on.

So, is it now like a DLC model where you buy the base game then buy the expansion so to speak yearly when it is released?

1 minute ago, Berg2036 said:

So, is it now like a DLC model where you buy the base game then buy the expansion so to speak yearly when it is released?

Ugh! I hope not. That's a wretched and irresponsible marketing model that's virulently popular of the last few years. :(

1 minute ago, Berg2036 said:

That's a way to think of it. If you already own the game, getting the 2022 version is like getting an expansion pack.

Note this is only for President Infinity. Congress Infinity probably will be on a 2 year cycle. Prime Minister Infinity I haven't decided on.

12 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Will be switching probably pretty soon from a subscription model to a yearly model (one major release per year, with minor updates to it after that).

Everyone on subscription will be grandfathered in for at least the duration of their current subscription - no need to worry about that.

so you pay a single one time fee every year to get it "updated"? vs getting charged a fee automatically every year?