270soft Forum

Next update thread

Just now, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Honestly my PC was being so dumb that I wasn't paying attention to the starting graphic lol!

Really strange that it's slow on your system. There's no reason for it to be slow - it is much faster on the development machine. I'll test on other machines if this is corroborated.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I am running on an i3 PC if that helps you guage where I'm at

Just tested the release build, much faster playing 2020 primaries start.

Can you confirm you

1. Have autosave off.

2. Are playing 2021.

3. Don't have security software gumming up the game?

8 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Just tested the release build, much faster playing 2020 primaries start.

Can you confirm you

1. Have autosave off.

2. Are playing 2021.

3. Don't have security software gumming up the game?

I fully retract my complaint. Maybe it was first-time bugs or something. Completely WAI. 

Also I noticed "Days Until Primaries". Awesome addition.

• Upvote 1

A thing I noticed is if you're using a custom scenario, it asks you if you want to make a backup. 

I clicked yes then tried it out using the backup. Then I tried using the backup scenario which I just used and then it asks to make another backup of the already backuped scenario. 

So it's like 

Scenario_backup_backup

52 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

It's sad after a wonderful day on the forum yesterday, some people didn't like the fun we were having and had to ruin it. 🤧

Pretty Random post right here.

• Upvote 1

Admin

here's my thoughts on the update. Very good job. :)

The editor definitely needs to be finished to allow users to create full scenarios 😛

In its shape its still a little bit hard to make a proper scenario. Howeve, I like how the editor is coming along. Can't wait for endorser images to be added :)

I think the game ran a little bit faster in my trial run. Bonuses working really was a great sight especially for scenario makers :)

What else can I say? EDITOR :P

I only speak for myself. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

A thing I noticed is if you're using a custom scenario, it asks you if you want to make a backup. 

I clicked yes then tried it out using the backup. Then I tried using the backup scenario which I just used and then it asks to make another backup of the already backuped scenario. 

So it's like 

Scenario_backup_backup

I'm not sure I'm following this, but if you have a custom campaign which isn't updated to 2021 (previously, 3.3.x), it will update the format and make a backup. The backup has not been updated to the newer format. So if you try to use that backup campaign, it in turn will have to be updated.

7 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

I'm not sure I'm following this, but if you have a custom campaign which isn't updated to 2021 (previously, 3.3.x), it will update the format and make a backup. The backup has not been updated to the newer format. So if you try to use that backup campaign, it in turn will have to be updated.

Well I updated the format and made the backup. Then I played a game and then decided to try another game using the now updated backup file. So I clicked on it and it once again asked me to update and backup hence why it became 

"Scenario_backup_backup"

2 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Well I updated the format and made the backup. Then I played a game and then decided to try another game using the now updated backup file. So I clicked on it and it once again asked me to update and backup hence why it became 

"Scenario_backup_backup"

When the game makes a backup, that backup doesn't have the format updated. Does this answer your question?

30 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

When the game makes a backup, that backup doesn't have the format updated. Does this answer your question?

Oh I see! So how would one have to update the format? By making a completely new scenario?

2 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Oh I see! So how would one have to update the format? By making a completely new scenario?

If you open the backup, it will have to be updated to the new format. Once a campaign being edited is saved, it's in the updated format.

I really like how the primaries are running. In the previous update, a minor candidate (polling 1% nationwide) would end up winning Iowa. The new update seems to fix that, much more realistic. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, BeetleJuice said:

I really like how the primaries are running. In the previous update, a minor candidate (polling 1% nationwide) would end up winning Iowa. The new update seems to fix that, much more realistic. 

I'll have to check out the new update!

• Upvote 1

@Anthony_270Liking the latest update, it is feeling as though it is all coming together nicely.

One quick question on primaries, is there a way to toggle whether the results of multiple primaries on the same day come up as individual popups? Especially when some of the minor parties hold all primaries on one day you can end up clicking through 100 or so results screens. Could there be an option to only show the first one as a popup and then you scroll through the the dropdown to view the results as you can already see the results from previous primaries already?

Thanks

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, daons said:

@Anthony_270Liking the latest update, it is feeling as though it is all coming together nicely.

One quick question on primaries, is there a way to toggle whether the results of multiple primaries on the same day come up as individual popups? Especially when some of the minor parties hold all primaries on one day you can end up clicking through 100 or so results screens. Could there be an option to only show the first one as a popup and then you scroll through the the dropdown to view the results as you can already see the results from previous primaries already?

Thanks

I really like this idea! Hopefully it can be implemented!

Is it possible to get a pop up when a candidate withdraws and endorses a candidate? Also, is the debate popup going to be readded 

• Like 1