270soft Forum

Next update thread

Leader and Vice-Leader general election regional % bonuses now working.

The game has to make some assumptions about how this % shift works, as the % on its own underdetermines which voters are shifted, but in a more or less 2 way race, a +5% specified in the editor will translate into about +5% at game start (2.5% shifted from one leader to another).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

In a region where there are, say, 3 strong leaders in terms of %s, the delta in the lead might not be 5%, because what actually happens is half of that is switched, and if it comes from more than one other leader, it might not translate into a 5% change in terms of the % lead.

5 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

The game has to make some assumptions about how this % shift works, as the % on its own underdetermines which voters are shifted, but in a more or less 2 way race, a +5% specified in the editor will translate into about +5% at game start (2.5% shifted from one leader to another).

3 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

In a region where there are, say, 3 strong leaders in terms of %s, the delta in the lead might not be 5%, because what actually happens is half of that is switched, and if it comes from more than one other leader, it might not translate into a 5% change in terms of the % lead.

Are you admitting, openly, to the algorithms of your game being *gasp* flawed? :P

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

So if I post a comment, and someone else comments on it, and then That Other Poster makes some comment regarding the topic I initiated thats allowed? @Anthony_270

Happened twice now with Biden far left comment AND stock market posts I initially brought up. 

This is a problem with the current forum blocking feature. Blocks comments, but not quotes of comments. I've contacted the software makers, and they say there's no plan to add that functionality. So I might migrate the forum to something that allows for better blocking functionality. In the meantime, do your best to ignore. If there's a quote of a quote that you think it inappropriate, you can bring it to my attention.

22 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

This is a problem with the current forum blocking feature. Blocks comments, but not quotes of comments. I've contacted the software makers, and they say there's no plan to add that functionality. So I might migrate the forum to something that allows for better blocking functionality. In the meantime, do your best to ignore. If there's a quote of a quote that you think it inappropriate, you can bring it to my attention.

every post they make is inappropriate and baiting. they damn well know who the first reply is in response to.

if the 2 topic posts I mentioned previously aren't enough, I'll just be doing the same when they bring up a topic. 

25 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

I think this issue is marginal, as long as the source poster of the quote (and not the quote itself) is being referenced, and the response is being made to the poster responding to the quote, and to the source poster. I feel, I have to frank here, that some posters are refusing to block others and not stopping making any references to other posters (as opposed to just their ideas as quoted by others and with the ones quoting them), and refuse to let sleeping dogs lay, but seem to be constantly searching for casus bellis and drama to trigger undeserved bans. I am trying to move on more productively and leave behind past conflicts - it is difficult when others are not, and you regard their seemingly deliberate "picking at the scabs of wounds trying to heal," as having significant legitimacy and gravity in your responses. I'm not actually looking to pick fights anymore, but I think it's possible other posters seem to be. Something to consider, in all seriousness.

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think this issue is marginal, as long as the source poster of the quote (and not the quote itself) is being referenced, and the response is being made to the poster responding to the quote, and to the source poster. I feel, I have to frank here, that some posters are refusing to block others and not stopping making any references to other posters (as opposed to just their ideas as quoted by others and with the ones quoting them), and refuse to let sleeping dogs lay, but seem to be constantly searching for casus bellis and drama to trigger undeserved bans. I am trying to move on more productively and leave behind past conflicts - it is difficult when others are not, and you regard their seemingly deliberate "picking at the scabs of wounds trying to heal," as having significant legitimacy and gravity in your responses. I'm not actually looking to pick fights anymore, but I think it's possible other posters seem to be. Something to consider, in all seriousness.

You already quoted me twice already in the last week after Anthony told you to stop. TWICE. The second time should have been a 3 week ban. You know exactly what you're doing.

The first on Monday at 12:18 I told you to STOP.

The second on Tuesday at 4:00pm I told you to STOP AGAIN. 

You've already violated the personal attacks rules against Anthony 20 times in the last few days and the only reason they haven't banned you is bc they are an admin and already told you they would have blocked you by now in any other circumstance. @Supreme Incompetent Leader told you to ignore him multiple times and again he continued to harass him. 

You know exactly what you're doing and play victim when you don't get your 100% way. 

Quit quoting posts on topics I bring up, or find somewhere else to talk about this. You pick fights with everyone and seem to believe you are above the rules on this board. 

Quit it. NOW. 

DO NOT QUOTE A TOPIC I BRING UP, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING. 

I'll play your game and play it 10x better if changes aren't made. I promise you. 

Once again, if 0 changes are made, I will do it better. 

30 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Also, given I didn't tag him or quote him, myself, in the mentioned instance, he should have no idea it even happened if he was actually blocking me, as nobody else had quoted that post. Something to also consider.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I can't think of a single big economic crash in history triggered by a capital gains tax alone, can you? The idea you're quoting is parroting Plutocratic, McCarthyist scare tactics with no sense or rationality to them. Unless, of course, billionaire oligarchs deliberately crash the economy to show their displeasure and punish the Administration and their supporters - but in that case, they SHOULD be viewed, and treated, by all as tantamount to terrorists, wouldn't you agree?

? What does that candy and nuts phrase have to do with Plutocratic, McCarthyist scare tactics?

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, IndependentPerson said:

? What does that candy and nuts phrase have to do with Plutocratic, McCarthyist scare tactics?

I'll decline the bait, thank-you.

Example of a post in question @Anthony_270

"The idea you're quoting is parroting Plutocratic, McCarthyist scare tactics with no sense or rationality to them.Unless, of course, billionaire oligarchs deliberately crash the economy to show their displeasure and punish the Administration and their supporters - but in that case, they SHOULD be viewed, and treated, by all as tantamount to terrorists, wouldn't you agree?"

So supporters who are not in favor of a capital gains tax (Who brought up that idea initially?) are tantamount to terrorists? 

I can just add "The idea you're quoting" to every one of my posts in that case.  Once again, they know exactly what they're doing. 

---

If these posts are allowed I will happily do the same ten fold Anthony. Do you not do IP bans on this forum? 

1 minute ago, IndependentPerson said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bercow

(Former Speaker of the House of Commons)

Oh, now I remember him. You must understand that Canadian House Speakers get FAR less press and significance here in Canada than U.S. House Speakers get in the U.S. - they're often eminently forgettable to the Canadian public, in fact.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Oh, now I remember him. You must understand that Canadian House Speakers get FAR less press and significance here in Canada than U.S. House Speakers get in the U.S. - they're often eminently forgettable to the Canadian public, in fact.

House of Commons (in the UK)

21 minutes ago, IndependentPerson said:

I think @Anthony_270 should hire John Bercow.

Although, conversely, maybe we should just throw off the gloves, drop all pretenses, go all out, and Vince McMahon as a moderator, instead. :P

1 minute ago, IndependentPerson said:

House of Commons (in the UK)

I just took a glance, saw "House of Commons," (there's only two such legislative bodies in the world), saw installed by Conservatives in 2009, and the name looked familiar, and I closed the page. :P

I told you Speakers were eminently forgettable here. :P

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

You already quoted me twice already in the last week after Anthony told you to stop. TWICE. The second time should have been a 3 week ban. You know exactly what you're doing.

The first on Monday at 12:18 I told you to STOP.

The second on Tuesday at 4:00pm I told you to STOP AGAIN. 

You've already violated the personal attacks rules against Anthony 20 times in the last few days and the only reason they haven't banned you is bc they are an admin and already told you they would have blocked you by now in any other circumstance. @Supreme Incompetent Leader told you to ignore him multiple times and again he continued to harass him. 

You know exactly what you're doing and play victim when you don't get your 100% way. 

Quit quoting posts on topics I bring up, or find somewhere else to talk about this. You pick fights with everyone and seem to believe you are above the rules on this board. 

Quit it. NOW. 

DO NOT QUOTE A TOPIC I BRING UP, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING. 

I'll play your game and play it 10x better if changes aren't made. I promise you. 

Once again, if 0 changes are made, I will do it better. 

Calm down. They were quoting me, which is clearly allowed. If you don't want to respond to it, don't. It's not that hard. It was addressed to me, not you. You seemed to take exception to people jumping in on conversations in the past, so please leave mine and Patines alone as well. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

@Anthony_270The posted by @Hestia11 above (which I would not have seen otherwise), and several others I've seen quoted by others, shows clearly the the poster in question, despite being your strong advice to several times, has NOT blocked me, and obviously deliberately refuses to. I have blocked them, but they continue to FLAGRANTLY IGNORE your strong, resolution-solving advice, complain about the majority of votes, of which they would see or know about NEXT TO NONE if they followed your advice. I think the way forward to end this drama is to tell the poster in question firmly that no more of their complaints will be addressed, AT ALL, until they block me, as I have blocked them, and this is evident. That, I think, is the only good faith way forward, here.

3 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Bonuses working again. What a day. 

• Upvote 1