Jump to content
270soft Forum

Next update thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Patine said:

A quote about an idealized people who have never existed in our world - on the level of a "people," - and, given the current state of things, almost certainly won't in the foreseeable future. Quite, "pie in the sky thinking," even for PI quotes. :S

Ol' Ben was a pretty practical guy. I'd even go so far as to say he accomplished quite a bit in his day. Might even have known a thing or two about how governments work. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Ol' Ben was a pretty practical guy. I'd even go so far as to say he accomplished quite a bit in his day. Might even have known a thing or two about how governments work. 😉

But I'd say this particular was talking about a "people," who have never existed, as a "people," - nor made any serious attempt to "create," themselves as such, nor look on the path to appearing in the foreseeable future, is what I mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've begun to shift company e-mail away from Gmail and to Soverin. Not only is Gmail a key part of a monopoly that is stifling free speech, but the service isn't really that good. It took them how many years to add a Snooze button?

Beware companies that give you free services - there's almost always a cost, whether individually or societally.

Similar with Google search - it used to be that their search service was the best, but now it seems worse than DuckDuckGo in some cases IMHO.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also closed the company's Twitter account. What's the point of building a following there, only to have the company restrict communication, or even delete the account because they don't like a tweet? 

That's what happened with FB - I started a company account, built it to over 1,000 people, then had updates not appearing in people's timelines while FB simultaneously required payment for placement. Bait and switch - no thanks. If I want to pay to communicate, I'd rather companies be forthright about it, and TBH I'd rather be able to communicate with the user base directly instead of through a middle-man.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Also closed the company's Twitter account. What's the point of building a following there, only to have the company restrict communication, or even delete the account because they don't like a tweet? 

That's what happened with FB - I started a company account, built it to over 1,000 people, then had updates not appearing in people's timelines while FB simultaneously required payment for placement. Bait and switch - no thanks. If I want to pay to communicate, I'd rather companies be forthright about it, and TBH I'd rather be able to communicate with the user base directly instead of through a middle-man.

 

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

I've begun to shift company e-mail away from Gmail and to Soverin. Not only is Gmail a key part of a monopoly that is stifling free speech, but the service isn't really that good. It took them how many years to add a Snooze button?

Beware companies that give you free services - there's almost always a cost, whether individually or societally.

Similar with Google search - it used to be that their search service was the best, but now it seems worse than DuckDuckGo in some cases IMHO.

This might be why I can’t respond to your recent email. I’m getting a message that it isn’t going to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I'm sure Twitter has it out for political sim games

Personally, I've never used Twitter, myself. But only because I don't like word caps on my rants. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

First they came for Alex Jones, but I did not care because Alex Jones didn't make election sims. 😉

Don't start down the path of Wiw... :S

Please!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

 

NIMH? Weren't they the group mentally-uplifting the intellect of rats and mice in that creepy '80's cartoon? Besides, quoting and buying into ridiculous "statistics," and, "factoids," that are obviously promotions of partisan agendas by EITHER side of the very toxic, volatile, and highly untrustworthy American socio-political divide is not recommended for anyone's mental health right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I didn't realize that the top posts in this thread were the oldest. I've been missing a lot of stuff, oof.

 

BTW, we've been doing massive updates to the House 2008 and House 2014 pages on the Wiki. Hope y'all like the new look we're building for those pages, it's taking a lot of trial and error.

2014 House Campaign (Congress Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, admin_270 said:

 

I haven’t been permanently banned from Twitter, but after recent events I decided to retire my account (I made a Gab but won’t use it much until more accounts move over). Been only a few days but I definitely feel less neurotic checking dozens of times a day.

Already had stopped using Facebook in 2013 or so, and am trying to migrate to ProtonMail from Gmail (which I had used since 2004). Cutting out Amazon and YouTube will be a bit harder, but neither is really a social media platform. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

So I didn't realize that the top posts in this thread were the oldest. I've been missing a lot of stuff, oof.

 

BTW, we've been doing massive updates to the House 2008 and House 2014 pages on the Wiki. Hope y'all like the new look we're building for those pages, it's taking a lot of trial and error.

2014 House Campaign (Congress Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

Most of my CI projects deal with foreign and historical legislative bodies without parliamentary responsible government but having an FPTP electoral, like my mentioned several time 1871-WW1 German Imperial Reichstag election series, as a good example.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, populist86 said:

I haven’t been permanently banned from Twitter, but after recent events I decided to retire my account (I made a Gab but won’t use it much until more accounts move over). Been only a few days but I definitely feel less neurotic checking dozens of times a day.

Already had stopped using Facebook in 2013 or so, and am trying to migrate to ProtonMail from Gmail (which I had used since 2004). Cutting out Amazon and YouTube will be a bit harder, but neither is really a social media platform. 

I've never used Facebook, but only because Zuckerberg's views (publicly stated) of how the Internet "should ideally be as a whole," and his intrusive, deceptive, and insidious ToS, and his unannounced "social experiments," make him a bit Orwellian (and he was, coincidentally, born in the year 1984). I have never created an account, and thus never existed in his "Brave New (Internet) World." Even though I have had friends and family in RL pestering to join, or even just presumptively asking if I will, "friend," (assuming by default I have an account), and even though I missed one of my uncles' funerals because it was arranged and organized through a Facebook chat channel, I have never succumbed to the private initiative (instead of U.S. Federal Government betrayal and act of treason against it's people and Constitution and slap in the face to it's allies) of PRISM (created by Bush, and expanded and renewed by Obama) "lite." It's that sinister corporate dystopian attitude (like the basis of the dystopian fiction so popular in the '80's, but of a "dystopian government style," -that is undisguised corporate dictatorship - that was never popular outside that decade compared to Fascist, Neo-Communist/Techno-Socialist, Theocratic, Militarist, and just weird ones like portrayed "Demolition Man," and, "Brazil," and lurid and stomach-churning ones like, "The Naked Lunch") that turned me off Facebook long before any biases or anything being brought up now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patine said:

NIMH? Weren't they the group mentally-uplifting the intellect of rats and mice in that creepy '80's cartoon? Besides, quoting and buying into ridiculous "statistics," and, "factoids," that are obviously promotions of partisan agendas by EITHER side of the very toxic, volatile, and highly untrustworthy American socio-political divide is not recommended for anyone's mental health right now.

Is this also satire?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, populist86 said:

Already had stopped using Facebook in 2013 or so, and am trying to migrate to ProtonMail from Gmail (which I had used since 2004). Cutting out Amazon and YouTube will be a bit harder, but neither is really a social media platform. 

Ya, I haven't used FB outside of work reasons for a long time. ProtonMail 👍 Soverin (what I've now switched over to using fully) is mostly for small businesses or sole proprietors. 

I hardly ever order from Amazon anymore. Books? My local book seller can get me almost anything I want and I can order from them online. Similarly, local hardware store and so on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm extremely excited to see if there are more "discontinued" 270soft games I can get my hands on. The more games I can get that are no longer sole, the more info I can post. 

 

The Congress Forever app opened my eyes to the fact that 270soft made a 2008 and 2010 House race scenarios...something which I am happy to write about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

Twitter and FB have become full-on Orwellian. They seem to be using 1984 as a manual.

"Have become?" I don't know about Twitter, I rarely paid attention to them, and every time the news quoted someone saying something on it going way back to it's inception, eons ago, it was always an irritating or vapid quote, but you can see the seeds of Facebook and Zuckerberg in that direction from their earliest days in retrospect, and some (like myself) saw it rising at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

So I didn't realize that the top posts in this thread were the oldest. I've been missing a lot of stuff, oof.

 

BTW, we've been doing massive updates to the House 2008 and House 2014 pages on the Wiki. Hope y'all like the new look we're building for those pages, it's taking a lot of trial and error.

2014 House Campaign (Congress Infinity) | The 270soft Wiki | Fandom

Looking good!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...