270soft Forum

Next update thread

maybe ahead of myself here but i really like the visitable locales feature and itd be cool to get maybe polling data for major cities in the future? The statewide total can be impacted by these as a weight as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Posted Images

Just an idea,

Could we maybe have an option to give issues a party specific description as a way to distinguish between different parties who have the same issue alignment and reflect the manifestos.

For example;

Education: Centre-Left - Default - More funding for State education

Education: Centre-Left - Labour -  Labour will commit to investing £x bln to schools over the next parliament.

Education: Centre-Left - Plaid Cymru - Education in the Welsh Language must be supported - Fund the provision of language teachers.

Education: Centre-Left - Lib Dems - The Liberal Democrats will invest £x bln into further education and mental health for young adults.

This wouldn't need to have any direct influence on the engine but just display different text. It could be similar to how there is a different candidate blurb if they start in the primaries or general election.

You could specify it on the party basics screen as below?

image.png.3930ed3386a6242ae345c0e41cd2cc56.png

Thanks

I have ran into this bug multiple times. When the convention occurs, if I accidently click the "x" on the top right of the pop-up, then it becomes impossible to advance to the next turn. Is it possible to remove the "x"? 

13 hours ago, BeetleJuice said:

I have ran into this bug multiple times. When the convention occurs, if I accidently click the "x" on the top right of the pop-up, then it becomes impossible to advance to the next turn. Is it possible to remove the "x"? 

Sad!

On 1/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, daons said:

Just an idea,

Could we maybe have an option to give issues a party specific description as a way to distinguish between different parties who have the same issue alignment and reflect the manifestos.

For example;

Education: Centre-Left - Labour -  Labour will commit to investing £x bln to schools over the next parliament.

Education: Centre-Left - Plaid Cymru - Education in the Welsh Language must be supported - Fund the provision of language teachers.

Education: Centre-Left - Lib Dems - The Liberal Democrats will invest £x bln into further education and mental health for young adults.

This wouldn't need to have any direct influence on the engine but just display different text. It could be similar to how there is a different candidate blurb if they start in the primaries or general election.

Thanks

I love this idea!

On 1/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, daons said:

Just an idea,

For example;

Thanks

Good idea - we'll see. My concern is this might make things a bit confusing.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:25 AM, BeetleJuice said:

Noted - thanks for this, should be fixed with next update.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:25 AM, BeetleJuice said:

I've looked at the code, and there's no reason the 'x' button will function differently than the 'Ok' button on this - they call the same function.

So the problem must be something else. Is this for your party's convention, or another party? If for yours, is it a contested convention? If not, have you chosen a VP? What campaign does this occur on?

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

I've looked at the code, and there's no reason the 'x' button will function differently than the 'Ok' button on this - they call the same function.

So the problem must be something else. Is this for your party's convention, or another party? If for yours, is it a contested convention? If not, have you chosen a VP? What campaign does this occur on?

It has occurred with Kanye’s convention on the first update that added Kanye. Not sure if it still happens with the latest release. 

With the latest update it occurred during the Republican convention, I was playing as a dem. 

2 minutes ago, BeetleJuice said:

It has occurred with Kanye’s convention on the first update that added Kanye. Not sure if it still happens with the latest release. 

With the latest update it occurred during the Republican convention, I was playing as a dem. 

OK, there was a known problem with Kanye's convention (he shouldn't have had one) that was fixed.

Does it consistently happen when playing as Dem?

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

OK, there was a known problem with Kanye's convention (he shouldn't have had one) that was fixed.

Does it consistently happen when playing as Dem?

I think the issue is that Kanye West actually HAS a Convention. Perhaps scenarios that have outright Independents should have (or have a flag in the editor so do to) their Convention activity turned off.

Just now, Patine said:

I think the issue is that Kanye West actually HAS a Convention. Perhaps scenarios that have outright Independents should have (or have a flag in the editor so do to) their Convention activity turned off.

That should no longer happen - it was a bug that was fixed. He is referring here to playing as a Dem.

Just now, admin_270 said:

That should no longer happen - it was a bug that was fixed. He is referring here to playing as a Dem.

He just mentioned a coterminous (or close to it) occurance with with West's Convention.

2 hours ago, BeetleJuice said:

I’m not sure.  I was playing as yang and the dem convention was going to be contested.  

OK, tried it as Yang, convention wasn't contested, but no problem pressing the 'x' button to go through the convention messages. My guess is this is something more specific.

You say it became impossible to advance to the next turn. Would anything happen when clicking the Done Turn Button?

19 hours ago, admin_270 said:

OK, tried it as Yang, convention wasn't contested, but no problem pressing the 'x' button to go through the convention messages. My guess is this is something more specific.

You say it became impossible to advance to the next turn. Would anything happen when clicking the Done Turn Button?

Yeah,  nothing would happen after clicking the done turn button

3 minutes ago, BeetleJuice said:

Yeah,  nothing would happen after clicking the done turn button

OK, it sounds like some bug occurred after the convention, probably not related to pressing the 'x' button.

Again, if you can figure out how to get this error consistently, please let me know.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Added 

to the official President Infinity quotes.

A quote about an idealized people who have never existed in our world - on the level of a "people," - and, given the current state of things, almost certainly won't in the foreseeable future. Quite, "pie in the sky thinking," even for PI quotes. :S