270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony - Quick question. I have a friend who wants to buy the game, and he’s wondering if he should buy PI now or wait for the final 2021 update. Is the subscription model retired as of now, meaning if he buys now would he have access to the full version that comes out later this year (that you’re updating incrementally)?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

1 hour ago, populist86 said:

Anthony - Quick question. I have a friend who wants to buy the game, and he’s wondering if he should buy PI now or wait for the final 2021 update. Is the subscription model retired as of now, meaning if he buys now would he have access to the full version that comes out later this year (that you’re updating incrementally)?

Ya, the subscription model has officially been removed, but anyone on subscription is grand-fathered for the duration of their subscription.

The advantage to buying now is he will get the latest version immediately, advantage of waiting a few months is he'll know exactly what 2021 has for features.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

So how's the update coming along? :)

Any struggles so far? Anything that turned out easier than expected?

It's going well ... one of the main problems is when I start re-doing parts of the game engine I see all sorts of code that should be refactored and where it's useful to do so for the feature at hand, and so one thing leads to another. But pretty soon the new Voting Blocs-based voter numbers should be up and running. Then it's a matter of switching all the relevant functions to use that data instead of the Favorability data.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

It's going well ... one of the main problems is when I start re-doing parts of the game engine I see all sorts of code that should be refactored and where it's useful to do so for the feature at hand, and so one thing leads to another. But pretty soon the new Voting Blocs-based voter numbers should be up and running. Then it's a matter of switching all the relevant functions to use that data instead of the Favorability data.

Ooo sounds like quite the situation. Thanks for keeping us posted. 

5 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Project Veritas just suspended from Twitter ... Wonder if social media companies should be added to 2020 as endorsers ...

I wouldn't put them as endorsers. 

But it's up to you.

1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I wouldn't put them as endorsers. 

But it's up to you.

Perhaps, but there should be a feature to capture the rise of the importance of social media. That's probably the simplest way to do it. Perhaps include it as a 'media bias' feature, which would affect news stories.

8 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Which whacko cult do you belong to, if I might ask?

Are you a Christian Scientist, perchance? I thought you said you were a mainstream Protestant of some sort when debating vcczar on religion awhile back.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Are you a Christian Scientist, perchance? I thought you said you were a mainstream Protestant of some sort when debating vcczar on religion awhile back.

No, not a Christian Science adherent. But pretty much any Christian denomination can seem 'whacko' to many people.

2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

No, not a Christian Science adherent. But pretty much any Christian denomination can seem 'whacko' to many people.

Only Christian groups can from, as Obi-wan Kenobi put it, "from a certain point of view?" All other non-Christian religious groups are "solid" and wouldn't ever be called out that way - only Christians? 🤨

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Only Christian groups can from, as Obi-wan Kenobi put it, "from a certain point of view?" All other non-Christian religious groups are "solid" and wouldn't ever be called out that way - only Christians? 🤨

Do you believe some guy walking around in sandals ~2,000 years ago was God? Raised people from the dead? Walked on water? Totally whacko!

2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Do you believe some guy walking around in sandals ~2,000 years ago was God? Raised people from the dead? Walked on water? Totally whacko!

And how do the base premise of any other religion in this world stand up better to that cynical point-of-view - since you called out Christians SPECIFICALLY?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

And how do the base premise of any other religion in this world stand up better to that cynical point-of-view - since you called out Christians SPECIFICALLY?

You called out a Christian denomination specifically! If you were talking about how whacko Sikhs are, say, my response would be different. 😉

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

You called out a Christian denomination specifically! If you were talking about how whacko Sikhs are, say, my response would be different. 😉

I called out a RELIGIOUS GROUP. You narrowed it to Christian denominations, and implied an exclusivity therein.

read a very long NYT article on bidens economic "plan" 

my goodness is he getting pulled in 30 different directions, I feel bad since there is 0 chance he pleases everyone. 

if the republicans (and trump) can all unite on a nominee w trumps positions but in a much more clean cut politically correct exterior (like mike pence, but not him) they will easily win against 84 year old biden. the slow covid recovery will be blamed on biden regardless of what he actually gets accomplished. the wildcard obviously is trump throwing a tantrum if he doesn't like the pick and 20% of republicans dont show up.

if you do make a 2024 version, I think Trump's influence should be massive on the republican side. I wouldn't call him an independent, but in a way whoever gets his endorsement should practically be guaranteed the nomination. 

13 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

read a very long NYT article on bidens economic "plan" 

my goodness is he getting pulled in 30 different directions, I feel bad since there is 0 chance he pleases everyone. 

if the republicans (and trump) can all unite on a nominee w trumps positions but in a much more clean cut politically correct exterior (like mike pence, but not him) they will easily win against 84 year old biden. the slow covid recovery will be blamed on biden regardless of what he actually gets accomplished. the wildcard obviously is trump throwing a tantrum if he doesn't like the pick and 20% of republicans dont show up.

if you do make a 2024 version, I think Trump's influence should be massive on the republican side. I wouldn't call him an independent, but in a way whoever gets his endorsement should practically be guaranteed the nomination. 

I'm hoping for a halcyon day when I don't hear Donald Trump's name online or in the news EVERY DAMNED DAY. When he'll just disappear to the realm of failures and embaressments once big in the public eye - like Milli Vanilli, MC Hammer, Richard Simmons, Battlestar Galactica, and the electric jockstrap. Only those diehards still hung-up on a bad trip habit of the Orange Kool-Aid could possibly see him as actually having been EVEN a leader or politician with any head on his shoulders. He was a vapid sensationalist FAR more interested in stroking his own ego and promoting himself that improving things in the U.S. or being a leader for it - let alone "making it great." Of course, Clinton and Biden were craptastic candidates, too, and the American voters deserved a better choice of "viable," candidates in 2016 and 2020 - and every other election. In fact, all those many people who work to rig and corrupt the American electoral system to steal electoral choice and and whole elections, make sure the Duopoly ALWAYS wins, no matter much they cheat, lie to, steal from, screw over, sell out, and commit high crimes on the dime of, the voters, and institutionally marginalize Third Party and Independent candidates, should ALL - both those still in positions, and those living, but retired from them - be removed from their positions and charged and tried with electoral interference and malfeasance - the crimes, I believe, levied at the alleged Russian hackers of 2016 - and then the whole system reformed. But, Trump was also an atrocious candidate, and him coming back in 2024 would be compounding error with stupidity, frankly. One who has any sense or wisdom does not fix an error by going back to a different old error. I'm not sure why you're so excited about a potential Trump return. Are you a masochist?

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm hoping for a halcyon day when I don't hear Donald Trump's name online or in the news EVERY DAMNED DAY. When he'll just disappear to the realm of failures and embaressments once big in the public eye - like Milli Vanilli, MC Hammer, Richard Simmons, Battlestar Galactica, and the electric jockstrap. Only those diehards still hung-up on a bad trip habit of the Orange Kool-Aid could possibly see him as actually having been EVEN a leader or politician with any head on his shoulders. He was a vapid sensationalist FAR more interested in stroking his own ego and promoting himself that improving things in the U.S. or being a leader for it - let alone "making it great." Of course, Clinton and Biden were craptastic candidates, too, and the American voters deserved a better choice of "viable," candidates in 2016 and 2020 - and every other election. In fact, all those many people who work to rig and corrupt the American electoral system to steal electoral choice and and whole elections, make sure the Duopoly ALWAYS wins, no matter much they cheat, lie to, steal from, screw over, sell out, and commit high crimes on the dime of, the voters, and institutionally marginalize Third Party and Independent candidates, should ALL - both those still in positions, and those living, but retired from them - be removed from their positions and charged and tried with electoral interference and malfeasance - the crimes, I believe, levied at the alleged Russian hackers of 2016 - and then the whole system reformed. But, Trump was also an atrocious candidate, and him coming back in 2024 would be compounding error with stupidity, frankly. One who has any sense or wisdom does not fix an error by going back to a different old error. I'm not sure why you're so excited about a potential Trump return. Are you a masochist?

you should probably find a new hobby or interest than instead of politics 🤣 im not sure what you'd define your posting as. 

Trump I highly doubt will run, but he will have a massive impact on 2022 and 2024 elections. Particularly if one of his kids run, but I guarantee he will suck up all the energy out of the Republican field in 2024 like it or not for both you and Republicans. The elections and polls show just how much influence he has on them. Even I was astounded the levels of loyalty some people have to him. 

Maybe sit it out till 2028.. unless Ivanka or Don Jr gets the nomination ... and wins. Gasp! 🤠

16 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

you should probably find a new hobby or interest than instead of politics 🤣 im not sure what you'd define your posting as.

So, I should give up my entire interest in politics as a whole - past, present, and potential future, in a global purview (because, as I've said, my interest extends FAR beyond modern American politics, as much as you've inexplicably, immaturely, inappropriately, and unacceptably ridiculed me for it - that flaw of character is YOURS, not MINE), just because of a fatigue of a failure in office and a non-leader like Donald Trump, alone? Do you even THINK when you type some of your posts (like this one, and quite a few others)? That's a genuine question, and not rhetorical.

20 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Maybe sit it out till 2028.. unless Ivanka or Don Jr gets the nomination ... and wins. Gasp! 🤠

Even less qualified for office that their loser father, and only viable to sucker and hoodwink a very vapid and easily impressionable - and big on thinking about their vote, but being caught up in mindless sensationalism - on their LAST NAME, alone? But where I come from, we support LEADERS with PLANS, PLATFORMS, and VISION, who take the role their running for seriously.