270soft Forum

Next update thread

1 minute ago, Anthony_270 said:

No, continuing the long process of adding Editor functionality. You can expect to continue to see improvements in the Editor, although the next update is focusing on back end stuff.

Thanks. Sounds like both the editor and voter blocs will be implemented as part of the final 2021 PI release?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Unless you're doing something egregious like Superezione did, you don't have much to worry about.

So is political discussion allowed again? Because otherwise, this is all against the rules. Also your egregious is rather telling when it's related to something you did, but for actions against other people you don't seem to care much. 

4 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

No, continuing the long process of adding Editor functionality. You can expect to continue to see improvements in the Editor, although the next update is focusing on back end stuff.

Honestly I'm just waiting for the *year* we get a choice on what background color the editor has (the dark background for Classic Editor is such a joy for my poor legally blind eyes).

7 minutes ago, populist86 said:

Thanks. Sounds like both the editor and voter blocs will be implemented as part of the final 2021 PI release?

Yes, that's the goal. I'm not making promises for Voting Blocs as a fully fleshed out feature, but I think it's reasonable that it will happen.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Honestly I'm just waiting for the *year* we get a choice on what background color the editor has (the dark background for Classic Editor is such a joy for my poor legally blind eyes).

Thanks for this feedback. Noted.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

So is political discussion allowed again? Because otherwise, this is all against the rules. Also your egregious is rather telling when it's related to something you did, but for actions against other people you don't seem to care much. 

It's more about focus and being aware of context. Launching an unprovoked attack on an admin is a great way to call attention to that attack, and since it's me I know the context. Usually, I'm relying on reports for people to call attention to problematic behaviour.

43 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Can't wait to make German elections someday 😛

29 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Or any elections with a legislative body that is elected in a way other than FPTP or the Australian System, for that matter.

16 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

It's more about focus and being aware of context. Launching an unprovoked attack on an admin is a great way to call attention to that attack, and since it's me I know the context. Usually, I'm relying on reports for people to call attention to problematic behaviour.

Assassination is always, in every legal code, a worse crime than murder, even though both involve killing someone just the same. Is this the way it SHOULD be? 🤨

35 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

So is political discussion allowed again?

No, unless related to the games. I wasn't intending to make a comment about politics, although in retrospect obviously it was to some people.

32 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Is the rule where the progressive penalty system gone then too? Immediate bans weren't really a thing either. I apologize for some of my blunt language, but it is rather hypocritical. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"When they go low we go high!" 

As we've seen time and time again, some people can keep their cool in the midst of personal attacks while others throw tantrums. That rant a page or two ago is one of the saddest thing I've seen on this board. 

59 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Is the rule where the progressive penalty system gone then too? Immediate bans weren't really a thing either. I apologize for some of my blunt language, but it is rather hypocritical. 

Definitely how I prefer to do things. Warn, warn again, short ban, longer ban, ... But if someone calls down an Armageddon-style attack out of the blue, a ban will probably be sooner than later and longer than shorter.

24 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"When they go low we go high!" 

As we've seen time and time again, some people can keep their cool in the midst of personal attacks while others throw tantrums. That rant a page or two ago is one of the saddest thing I've seen on this board. 

OK, let's move along to more constructive discussion of other topics.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

OK, let's move along to more constructive discussion of other topics.

you should start prepping for a new trump party in case trump does decide to go through with it in 2024

that'd be very interesting to try to win as 

also if biden does run in 2024, his stamina needs to go to about a 2 if its not there already

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

you should start prepping for a new trump party in case trump does decide to go through with it in 2024

also if biden does run in 2024, his stamina needs to go to about a 2 if its not there already

Ya, adding an early 2024 might make sense ... We'll see. Definitely that's where the interest is moving.

Ya, Biden's stamina should be extremely low. I think he was 'lucky' to have public health authorities advising against large gatherings as an excuse to not have a strenuous campaigning style.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Ya, adding an early 2024 might make sense ... We'll see. Definitely that's where the interest is moving.

Ya, Biden's stamina should be extremely low. I think he was 'lucky' to have public health authorities advising against large gatherings as an excuse to not have a strenuous campaigning style.

He was also "lucky" the media didn't cover him properly. Not a Clinton fan but she dealt with much more flack for not campaigning and "stamina" than he did. 

And Biden's an extremely stubborn man. People think he'll just gracefully let Kamala run in 2024? No chance. Good luck Dems! 

Would love a 2024 mode! 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

He was also "lucky" the media didn't cover him properly. Not a Clinton fan but she dealt with much more flack for not campaigning and "stamina" than he did. 

And Biden's an extremely stubborn man. People think he'll just gracefully let Kamala run in 2024? No chance. Good luck Dems! 

Would love a 2024 mode! 

Yes, Biden was a very 'lucky' candidate in 2020. 'Luckily' Big Tech colluded to suppress negative stories about him on social media, 'luckily' he didn't have to campaign in any sort of strenuous way, 'luckily' he largely avoided any sort of serious media scrutiny, 'luckily' billionaires decided to pump vast $s into media campaigns allied with his campaign, 'luckily' Zuckerberg put $500M into 'helping' local election officials, 'luckily' a bunch of states watered down election integrity laws ...

But I think you're right that Biden didn't prepare his whole life to be President only to step out mid way through his first term, and he probably intends to serve 2 terms. I'm skeptical of whether his health will really allow that, but who knows.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I forgot that the Senate is holding an impeachment trial now ... for someone who isn't the President ... and not being presided over by the Chief Justice ... The degeneration of the republic seems to be continuing apace. Considering possible post-election features for the game, but none have ever really made a difference in the outcome so not convinced it's worth it. Even 2000 the original results weren't overturned in FL.

You could have recounts, recanvassing, lawsuits. More interesting to me is the pre-election law changes - perhaps work to change laws in a battleground state to favour turnout for your campaign?

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

43 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Are people REALLY not fatigued at the vapid, incendiary, egotistical, sensationalist showman with very little consistent platform, no vision or plan for the future (and certainly not for the promised, "regained national greatness"), whose highly undereducated on every facet of statecraft - EVEN after serving a term as U.S. President - and who is not a social or fiscal conservative, libertarian, war hawk, Constitutional originalist, or free-trade advocate (the main branches of mainstream right-wing American politics in the modern day) and is, in fact, the most amoral and irreligious person to EVER be U.S. President? What is it about non-leader with no plan and no clue who treats the U.S. Presidency like a reality show for his own self-promotion? I see his success, not as any indicator of him as a politician, but of the depth into the cesspool and mire the American socio-political zeitgeist has tragically sunk...

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Patine said:

Are people REALLY not fatigued at the vapid, incendiary, egotistical, sensationalist showman with very little consistent platform, no vision or plan for the future (and certainly not for the promised, "regained national greatness"), whose highly undereducated on every facet of statecraft - EVEN after serving a term as U.S. President - and who is not a social or fiscal conservative, libertarian, war hawk, Constitutional originalist, or free-trade advocate (the main branches of mainstream right-wing American politics in the modern day) and is, in fact, the most amoral and irreligious person to EVER be U.S. President? What is it about non-leader with no plan and no clue who treats the U.S. Presidency like a reality show for his own self-promotion? I see his success, not as any indicator of him as a politician, but of the depth into the cesspool and mire the American socio-political zeitgeist has tragically sunk...

A very non consistent platform can easily be described as Biden's problem in the debates. At one point he stressed he'd ban fracking. And....then he denied it. Next he said he wouldn't implement gun policies championed by Kamala Harris....and then he promised he'd make Beto O'Rourke his gun czar. The man has flipped from center-left to left or even far-left on a lot of issues over the course of the last campaign. Trump on the other hand campaigned like a populist and governed half like a neocon, and then in these last few 2 years, more like a neopopulist. So to say he's inconsistent on his platform is fine, but just remember there are other people who were arguably more inconsistent during the campaign.

• Upvote 1

Not to make the thread too political (mod can delete this post if it goes in that direction too much), Trump has a lot in common with the GOP that was founded in the 1850s:

• Protectionism on trade

• Support for central bank/soft money

• Unilateral foreign policy

• Spending on infrastructure and subsidies

Can’t speak for other people, but people like Reagan and the Bushes made me register as a democrat in 04. Donald Trump made me switch to republican.

I’m not a fiscal conservative. I’m definitely not a social conservative (atheist, pro-choice, bi...so having Pence on the ticket made it a hard swallow for me). People can republicans even if they aren’t conservatives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

I forgot that the Senate is holding an impeachment trial now ... for someone who isn't the President ... and not being presided over by the Chief Justice ... The degeneration of the republic seems to be continuing apace. Considering possible post-election features for the game, but none have ever really made a difference in the outcome so not convinced it's worth it. Even 2000 the original results weren't overturned in FL.

You could have recounts, recanvassing, lawsuits. More interesting to me is the pre-election law changes - perhaps work to change laws in a battleground state to favour turnout for your campaign?

Its' probably too large a project but it'd be interesting to have to actually govern if you win a first term and then have to maintain your positions on issues (or change them and suffer backlash) and see how your policies affect economy, national security, etc..  The game Democracy does a version of this 

21 minutes ago, populist86 said:

Not to make the thread too political (mod can delete this post if it goes in that direction too much), Trump has a lot in common with the GOP that was founded in the 1850s:

• Protectionism on trade

• Support for central bank/soft money

• Unilateral foreign policy

• Spending on infrastructure and subsidies

Can’t speak for other people, but people like Reagan and the Bushes made me register as a democrat in 04. Donald Trump made me switch to republican.

I’m not a fiscal conservative. I’m definitely not a social conservative (atheist, pro-choice, bi...so having Pence on the ticket made it a hard swallow for me). People can republicans even if they aren’t conservatives.

I agree that Trump is more of an old-school conservative than what the establishment wanted him to be. I see Mike Pence as both a pacifier to the Neocon/GOP establishment and as a huge blanket to religious Republicans-as his whole October surprise didn't really seem to work when it came to the final evangelical vote split. 

Trump was as much a nazi as Ben Shapiro was. He was not a radical racist like a certain Alabama governor of the 60s. Nor was he a god-king populist or Neocon warrior. He was a mix of everything in the center, with flakes of radicalism from both sides loosely mixed in.

• Upvote 2