270soft Forum

Next update thread

6 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I agree :) I thought political talk was banned that was unrelated to the games, but I agree that if any is being brought up it should probably be moved to other threads. 

Listen, I like an annonymus roast myself online, but an Update Thread really isn't the place for that. I'd understand the rolling of eyes at my interjection, but come on guys. Get a literal room already.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Listen, I like an annonymus roast myself online, but an Update Thread really isn't the place for that. I'd understand the rolling of eyes at my interjection, but come on guys. Get a literal room already.

I'd argue that an update thread probably isn't the best place to put discussion of education topics either. However, here we are :D

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you had brought up and put his own feelings on the subject. You complain about censorship and then ban him for absolutely nothing. Pathetic. You're nothing more than a far-right Redditor troll who owns a dying forum (that was caused by you too). Just don't melt is the important thing, I suppose. I wanted to stay here to discuss the games as needed. Instead you wanted an echochamber. 

Life is too short to put up with extended, strange, unprovoked personal attacks. That's not wanting an 'echo-chamber'. I welcome diverse opinions on all sorts of topics.

But if you don't like it here, you're welcome to go somewhere else. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

pointless back-and-forth sniping and bickering

I was listening to a talk by the founder of 1-800-GOT-JUNK. He said early in the business, he realized the company culture wasn't heading the way he wanted to. He began firing this person, then that person, but it kept moving back towards the undesired culture. Eventually, he literally fired every employee, did all the jobs himself while hiring new people. Only in that way was he able to reset the culture. Something similar might be the case here too.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Patine said:

in the many areas the two Duopoly agree in and cooperate in - including most of the greatest and atrocious crimes of U.S. Government, domestically and abroad

Ya, the 'uni-party'.

If anything, I'm seeing how libertarian values tend towards naivete again. Trying to have people with different political views discussing (even tangentially) those views civilly on a forum is very tough. You probably need a high level of vetting for people who are mature, open to differing views, don't quickly go on the attack, and so on.

Without that, you basically have to create separate virtual forums (through thread rules, comprehensive blocking features, or what have you) or completely avoid discussion of any topic that might in any way be construed as political, or threads will quickly devolve.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

I was listening to a talk by the founder of 1-800-GOT-JUNK. He said early in the business, he realized the company culture wasn't heading the way he wanted to. He began firing this person, then that person, but it kept moving back towards the undesired culture. Eventually, he literally fired every employee, did all the jobs himself while hiring new people. Only in that way was he able to reset the culture. Something similar might be the case here too.

I don't think that works nearly as well for making niche market computer games as it does for hauling junk. Context! Remember context!

3 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Ya, the 'uni-party'.

And it's not a GOOD thing, at all.

15 hours ago, Patine said:

That was mostly post-office. And he was the worst U.S. President to ever hold office.

I agree he was one of the worst Presidents, but the media was pretty hostile to him while he was in office. Obvious left-leaning media bias has existed at least since the 80s (look at media hostility towards Reagan), and probably before then.

1 minute ago, Anthony_270 said:

I agree he was one of the worst Presidents, but the media was pretty hostile to him while he was in office. Obvious left-leaning media bias has existed at least since the 80s (look at media hostility towards Reagan), and probably before then.

Are you in denial of the strong presence of right-wing biased media outlets in the U.S. that have only started to atrophy in the last year or so? Or are you one of those that view them as, "the credible, respectable, highbrow, minimal-biased reporters of solid news?" :S

Just now, Patine said:

Are you in denial of the strong presence of right-wing biased media outlets in the U.S. that have only started to atrophy in the last year or so? Or are you one of those that view them as, "the credible, respectable, highbrow, minimal-biased reporters of solid news?" :S

What do you think has a right-wing bias? Fox News, WSJ ... what else?

Just now, Anthony_270 said:

Given I don't get my big sources of news from U.S. outlets at all, I mostly have second- and third-hand accounts and samples on most of them But, I do remember, the right-wing was much more profound in the mainstream and not just incendiary outliers (like Breitbart and 4chan and such), but NBC and New York Post were much more right-leaning in the day, and the NYT, Los Angeles Times, and even CNN were more centrist with right-leaning columnists and commentators on their staff in the day.

8 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Also, Newsweek magazine was notoriously right-wing (worse than McLean's up here), and Time magazine very noticeably leaned to the right.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Given I don't get my big sources of news from U.S. outlets at all, I mostly have second- and third-hand accounts and samples on most of them But, I do remember, the right-wing was much more profound in the mainstream and not just incendiary outliers (like Breitbart and 4chan and such), but NBC and New York Post were much more right-leaning in the day, and the NYT, Los Angeles Times, and even CNN were more centrist with right-leaning columnists and commentators on their staff in the day.

NBC, NYT, LA Times, CNN are all left of centre nowadays.

NY Post is an exception - and their Hunter Biden scoop was famously suppressed by almost the rest of the media (social and traditional) during the campaign.

Just now, Patine said:

Also, Newsweek magazine was notoriously right-wing (worse than McLean's up here), and Time magazine very noticeably leaned to the right.

Not sure about either of these nowadays. But I don't think they are major forces in day to day media.

3 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

NBC, NYT, LA Times, CNN are all left of centre nowadays.

NY Post is an exception - and their Hunter Biden scoop was famously suppressed by almost the rest of the media (social and traditional) during the campaign.

2 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Not sure about either of these nowadays. But I don't think they are major forces in day to day media.

I thought you were responding to my claims of changing media over time. Why are trying to force it all back to the present, if that's the case?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

you were responding to my claims of changing media over time

Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes, I think the left-leaning bias has become stronger more recently.

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Well, at least I have reign of the Wiki. So maybe even if I get banned for whatever reason I'll still be able to provide newcomers with information. 

Also I wanted to say it here because I don't know if there's a dedicated channel or not. Me and another 270soft video content creator are working on a GTA San Andreas-themed Mayoral election scenario that I think will be quite BANGIN when we finally release it. Message me here or on Discord if you want more info!

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes, I think the left-leaning bias has become stronger more recently.

Honestly I'd love to make an Infamous Mayoral scenario some day. Problems are though that media in that game is basically non-existant. Same with a Peanuts/Charlie Brown School President scenario. Another problem is that the lore of Peanuts has literally like 1 newspaper. LOL

2 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Well, at least I have reign of the Wiki. So maybe even if I get banned for whatever reason I'll still be able to provide newcomers with information.

Unless you're doing something egregious like Superezione did, you don't have much to worry about.

The forum got fairly bad near the election with all sorts of people making personal attacks on other people, and some people are still responding related to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anthony, quick question -

Is the current editor back to its functionality before the recent toolkit (I think that's the term you used) update? If not, when do you think functionality will be fully restored?

Just now, populist86 said:

Anthony, quick question -

Is the current editor back to its functionality before the recent toolkit (I think that's the term you used) update? If not, when do you think functionality will be fully restored?

No, continuing the long process of adding Editor functionality. You can expect to continue to see improvements in the Editor, although the next update is focusing on back end stuff.

• Thanks 1