270soft Forum

Next update thread

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

You do know that @admin_270lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and that's the physical headquarters and programming labs of 270soft, right? Or did you even get that memo?

I suppose you did not get the memo that nearly 90% of the game and the campaigns are American based hence saying, "THE GAME has its roots in the US". The founder of the game does not. There is a difference. 

In any case, both the Canadian and American school systems work on a similar Student Council election format so my point still stands. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

In any case, both the Canadian and American school systems work on a similar Student Council election format so my point still stands. 

You know, this is an interesting idea ... 😉

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I suppose you did not get the memo that nearly 90% of the game and the campaigns are American based hence saying, "THE GAME has its roots in the US". The founder of the game does not. There is a difference. 

May I see your authentic census of 270soft consumers, please? I logged onto this site in 2007, and have seen quite a few non-American posters and players in my years, here - far too many to say they must be in the "10% or so of members, consumers, and players," bracket. I very much think - in fact, tantamount to KNOW - your 90% number is a purely conjured figure for rhetoric, alone - and flawed rhetoric - and highly inaccurate. Also, the official scenarios made by 270soft are far more weighted, in total number, to Canadian, Australian, British, French, and German ones in totality than American ones, and, while American fanmade scenarios, may be a plurality here, they are almost certainly not an outright majority - and 90% would be an utterly ludicrous percentage to assume.

57 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Absolutely. Currently, I'm focusing on improving game speed and save-load right now by replacing the Favorability system - this is taking quite some time. 😀

And endorsements images 😛

and the option to set interviews on certain dates :D

and of course fixing the percentage bonuses that is broken!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

and of course fixing the percentage bonuses that is broken!

This is actually what launched replacing the Favorability system. Working on that, I realized it was ridiculously difficult to do with Favorability implemented.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

May I see your authentic census of 270soft consumers, please? I logged onto this site in 2007, and have seen quite a few non-American posters and players in my years, here - far too many to say they must be in the "10% or so of members, consumers, and players," bracket. I very much think - in fact, tantamount to KNOW - your 90% number is a purely conjured figure for rhetoric, alone - and flawed rhetoric - and highly inaccurate. Also, the official scenarios made by 270soft are far more weighted, in total number, to Canadian, Australian, British, French, and German ones in totality than American ones, and, while American fanmade scenarios, may be a plurality here, they are almost certainly not an outright majority - and 90% would be an utterly ludicrous percentage to assume.

Sorry I meant 83.4544% more precisely. I'll have the numbers to you once I run them through my complex data analysis machine app which should be up once my kickstarter funds get to 100%. 

If you'd like to see the data more quickly, feel free to Venmo me $300 and you can see them all immediately! 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

Sorry I meant 83.4544% more precisely. I'll have the numbers to you once I run them through my complex data analysis machine app 

No need to be snarky. You've lost this part of the argument. The fact is, these games' community and forums, nor the official or fanmade scenarios,  are not NEARLY to the degree of Americocentric as you off-handedly assumed. You might as well just admit to error and thus basing your argument in question on feet of clay because of that.

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Sorry I meant 83.4544% more precisely. I'll have the numbers to you once I run them through my complex data analysis machine app which should be up once my kickstarter funds get to 100%. 

Sales are maybe 75% U.S. games. Can't say exactly where those people live - U.S. games in particular have worldwide interest.

Just now, Patine said:

No need to be snarky. You've lost this part of the argument. The fact is, these games' community and forums, nor the official or fanmade scenarios,  are not NEARLY to the degree of Americocentric as you off-handedly assumed. You might as well just admit to error and thus basing your argument in question on feet of clay because of that.

Don't be mad my Student Council Election idea is already a higher priority than your International Election. The people have spoken Patine! We live in a democracy not a dictatorship. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

And there you have it. 

There have been a fair number of fanmade scenarios for the P4E and PI games around non-American Presidential elections. Also, the P4E and PI games often lead people to buy the other games shortly after. Your superficial view of marketing would make you a liability to any profitable endeavour.

42 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

This is actually what launched replacing the Favorability system. Working on that, I realized it was ridiculously difficult to do with Favorability implemented.

Aren't you so glad I brought it up? 😛

But seriously keep at it!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

To be honest, I actually miss the Political discussion despite the results of the election. Some great memories of battle and debate 😇🤠

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
On 2/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, PoliticalPundit said:

So Student Council Election in the Spring? got it. Glad it's a higher priority than other ridiculously self centered endeavors.

MOVING ON 

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a matter of personal preference that doesnt need to be mocked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a matter of personal preference that doesnt need to be mocked. 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

You don't know what a political discussion is. 

Yes, we all do. We had them all the time. And, even though we often sharply disagreed and pushed our points firmly, there was a degree of mutual, overarching respect - save for people like koneke/dindu, JohnnyK, and (dis)HonestAbe, who were real troublemakers, but no longer on this forum, as well as NYConservative and servo75, who, while still extant, rarely ever log in anymore. Then you came in like a wild-eyed blackhat into a Spaghetti Western boomtown and it all went down the tubes.

• Thanks 1