270soft Forum

Next update thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Posted Images

@admin_270 Does the pictures of candidates in the editor been added in? I keep trying to change some photos in a campaign that I made but the images wont load in?

Just now, admin_270 said:

Well ... 🤷‍♂️ My guess is you are.

Now I'm wondering if @PoliticalPundit is a dog kind of person ...

I do prefer cats. I grew up with a household that had four of them (not all at once) - as well as some fish and a rabbit for a while - and I've always found dogs intrusive, even if well-meaning in such, and frightening when angry, in pain, or scared. In fact, surprisingly enough, the domestic dog (canus familius) in all of it's polymorphic genetic glory, is the SOLE and ONLY representative of the whole of Order Carnivora (taxinomically speaking - canines, felines, ursine, seals, walruses, and sealions, hyenas, the badger and similar species family, mongooses, and other similar animals) to be on the list of the top 10 animal species that kill the most humans every year (again, a statistic that surprises many people).

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Patine said:

I do prefer cats. I grew up with a household that had four of them (not all at once) - as well as some fish and a rabbit for a while - and I've always found dogs intrusive, even if well-meaning in such, and frightening when angry, in pain, or scared. In fact, surprisingly enough, the domestic dog (canus familius) in all of it's polymorphic genetic glory, is the SOLE and ONLY representative of the whole of Order Carnivora (taxinomically speaking - canines, felines, ursine, seals, walruses, and sealions, hyenas, the badger and similar species family, mongooses, and other similar animals) to be on the list of the top 10 animal species that kill the most humans every year (again, a statistic that surprises many people).

Ya, dogs can be dangerous. But I love them. Cats are definitely not intrusive, unless you're trying to type at a keyboard ... 😀

18 minutes ago, Berg2036 said:

@admin_270 Does the pictures of candidates in the editor been added in? I keep trying to change some photos in a campaign that I made but the images wont load in?

Your in the Leaders Screen?

4 hours ago, Patine said:

I just said he refuses to give a solid answer on it. That's not, "has made clear has no interest in doing." And besides, as a consumer of this game, I am entitled to push for my views of how it should be improved as much as anyone else. It's obtuse posts like this, which you make almost every time you log in, that are verging on harassment. You seem to feel that only certain views and input on this game's expansion and new options and features should be expressed, and aggressively state that others should effectively self-censor themselves, based on your personal viewpoint of things.

Now you're just being dishonest. 

6 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I like both! Some other poster appears to like hedgehogs and will not stop till everyone only has hedgehogs and nothing else. 

I didn't know you like hedgehogs. :P

I don't think I've personally been in the presence of that type of animal, so I couldn't say my opinion on them. But, indeed, if you're pushing of hedgehogs as a favoured pet is as vigorous as what should and should not be proposed to @admin_270 to be in his game's - and as exclusive of all other opinions - your post makes sense, even if it's couched in an odd, non-nominal third person perspective, for some reason...

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I like both! Some other poster appears to like hedgehogs and will not stop till everyone only has hedgehogs and nothing else. 

I like both BUT ... cats make me sneeze like crazy. They're like my kryptonite ... so of course whenever I'm at someone's place who has a cat the cat just *has* to jump up on me. 😂

• Thanks 1

@admin_270 Yes I am in the leaders and the veep screen, I ended up just changing it in the original editor, but i thought it was worth pointing out. It could be on my scenario that I was editing, which is my Minnesota Governor 2018 and maybe since it was made on the original that could be the reason. 

15 minutes ago, Berg2036 said:

@admin_270 Yes I am in the leaders and the veep screen, I ended up just changing it in the original editor, but i thought it was worth pointing out. It could be on my scenario that I was editing, which is my Minnesota Governor 2018 and maybe since it was made on the original that could be the reason. 

Say, did you end up using those State affiliate-specific party logos I sent you for your Minnesota Governor scenario?

@Patine, I did, I am going back through all my scenarios and trying to update the images for candidates and parties. Thank you so much again for the images!

1 hour ago, Berg2036 said:

If you post the image you were trying to insert, I can try it out.

1 hour ago, Berg2036 said:

@Patine, I did, I am going back through all my scenarios and trying to update the images for candidates and parties. Thank you so much again for the images!

No problem!

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I didn't know you like hedgehogs. :P

I don't think I've personally been in the presence of that type of animal, so I couldn't say my opinion on them. But, indeed, if you're pushing of hedgehogs as a favoured pet is as vigorous as what should and should not be proposed to @admin_270 to be in his game's - and as exclusive of all other opinions - your post makes sense, even if it's couched in an odd, non-nominal third person perspective, for some reason...

I now push my suggestion for a student council President mode in the game as the next update and anything less than that is foolish and stupid and has no relevance to the current game. 

The minds and views of our youth in the United States make the most sense as the next coming update far more than any other country's election. 

It's far more relevant than anything else suggested so far and I will not hear any other opinions on the matter. Many others agree with me as well. 

• Haha 2

It's sometimes difficult for a person outside the company to see how things look from the inside. I certainly note the feedback re other election systems, but TBH when it's overdone it probably tends to become counter-productive as far as nudging development that way.

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

It's sometimes difficult for a person outside the company to see how things look from the inside. I certainly note the feedback re other election systems, but TBH when it's overdone it probably tends to become counter-productive as far as nudging development that way.

I only keep bringing it up because you keep sitting on it and making no committed statement. If I dropped it entirely, and so did others who bring it up (like @TheLiberalKitten and a few others - who do so as well, @PoliticalPundit, despite how much you want to isolate me, here), I almost fear you'd use that as an excuse to, "pocket veto," the idea. The old idiom, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," has proven true in my experience. Also, I am not, despite certain unfounded claims, saying that ONLY my suggestions should be included in the game - that, too, is a disingenuous lie by a couple posters - but that they've been being brought up for several years, and would greatly enhance and expand the game, and deserve their due.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I only keep bringing it up because you keep sitting on it and making no committed statement. If I dropped it entirely, and so did others who bring it up (like @TheLiberalKitten and a few others - who do so as well, @PoliticalPundit, despite how much you want to isolate me, here), I almost fear you'd use that as an excuse to, "pocket veto," the idea.

A little bit goes a long way. But for this, development just isn't at the spot where this feature is easy to implement right now. Certain features are - I can do them in a few hours, say. When those are brought up, I encourage people to remind me at certain points where implementation is a natural fit.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

A little bit goes a long way. But for this, development just isn't at the spot where this feature is easy to implement right now. Certain features are - I can do them in a few hours, say. When those are brought up, I encourage people to remind me at certain points where implementation is a natural fit.

A teacher of mine from my school days (ages ago, it seems...) once said that, when doing a project, focusing on the easiest and simplest tasks first and the most difficult last was an overall recipe for headache, grief, and acrimony. ;)

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

A teacher of mine from my school days (ages ago, it seems...) once said that, when doing a project, focusing on the easiest and simplest tasks first and the most difficult last was an overall recipe for headache, grief, and acrimony. ;)

Absolutely. Currently, I'm focusing on improving game speed and save-load right now by replacing the Favorability system - this is taking quite some time. 😀

43 minutes ago, Patine said:

I only keep bringing it up because you keep sitting on it and making no committed statement. If I dropped it entirely, and so did others who bring it up (like @TheLiberalKitten and a few others - who do so as well, @PoliticalPundit, despite how much you want to isolate me, here), I almost fear you'd use that as an excuse to, "pocket veto," the idea. The old idiom, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," has proven true in my experience. Also, I am not, despite certain unfounded claims, saying that ONLY my suggestions should be included in the game - that, too, is a disingenuous lie by a couple posters - but that they've been being brought up for several years, and would greatly enhance and expand the game, and deserve their due.

I know many others who want a Student Council feature added to the game as well. It's a highly sought after feature for the game and being that this is an American game at its roots, I hope the features such as adding a water fountain to the playground and increasing the milk cartons you can pick up at lunch are the top priorities after Admin figures out the game speed and save load. Anyone who says otherwise is lying and wrong. 

As a paying customer I deserve my voice to be heard!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I know many others who want a Student Council feature added to the game as well. It's a highly sought after feature for the game and being that this is an American game at its roots, I hope the features such as adding a water fountain to the playground and increasing the milk cartons you can pick up at lunch are the top priorities after Admin figures out the game speed and save load. Anyone who says otherwise is lying and wrong. 

As a paying customer I deserve my voice to be heard!! 

You do know that @admin_270lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and that's the physical headquarters and programming labs of 270soft, right? Or did you even get that memo?