270soft Forum

Next update thread

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you had never joined this forum, we would still be having political discussions. 

Believe it or not, while it may be a minority of people, some would like to see what Patine is talking about be realized, even if it is a small chance. I enjoy K4E and PMI more than I do PI. It's a ma

Because that means you're an idiot snowflake who cant take anything even though you brought on a stupid conversation. Ban super, ban anyone, ban me for all I care. Super was commenting on a topic you

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I'll be on vacation next week. Updates will start after Christmas.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for all your feedback in 2020!

Happy hoildays! Have a good one!
Also the cities worked really well! I added a single city to a state to try it out and then tested it! It worked like a charm!
This will make any future fan made scenarios super awesome!

• Upvote 2

Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Jayavarman said:

The Post-Pandemic Trump 2024 Scenario

When did it first happen? I must have missed that. Also, nations where politicians win elections in the first on those kinds of mottos are once great civilizations and empires in deep decline, and probably headed to either the dustbin of history or reinvention only from the ashes of complete collapse. But you're fully aware of this, right?

One interesting dynamic is a stark divide in how much Dems vs Reps care about certain issues. So issue profiles for certain issues basically follow partisan voting patterns in states. Global warming is a good example. In some cases, the two issues could be considered two sides of the same coin (Reps -> law and order, Dems -> racial justice and BLM).

13 hours ago, admin_270 said:

One interesting dynamic is a stark divide in how much Dems vs Reps care about certain issues. So issue profiles for certain issues basically follow partisan voting patterns in states. Global warming is a good example. In some cases, the two issues could be considered two sides of the same coin (Reps -> law and order, Dems -> racial justice and BLM).

Anthony, question -

How does issue importance presently work? Is it done overall nationally? On a party level? Or on a state level?

Are you considering any changes to this system based on your observation?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, populist86 said:

Anthony, question -

How does issue importance presently work? Is it done overall nationally? On a party level? Or on a state level?

Are you considering any changes to this system based on your observation?

In the Editor, you can set issue centres and profiles by region. Basically, regions are the Voting Blocs in the game currently. If Voting Blocs is implemented, then you could add, say, voting_bloc="republican" issue="global_warming" profile="low" and then voting_bloc="democratic" issue="global_warming" profile="high".

You can currently set a universal party-specific issue centre modifier (so it moves the regional centre for a specific party's primaries towards the party's centre), but you can't set a party-specific profile.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

@admin_270

Could the bonuses bug be because of the Favorability feature? Like one thing I noticed while playing around with the editor is this message.

I remember before favorability this didn't pop up.

Just wondering!

Capture-2.PNG

Yes, that's exactly correct. The problem is that the system switched to a Favorability increase, but that's unpredictable and doesn't translate neatly into %s. I am in the process of changing it back to %s.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

The problem is that the system switched to a Favorability increase, but that's unpredictable and doesn't translate neatly into %s. I am in the process of changing it back to %s.

To be clear, the bonuses will add a certain %, but the game engine still uses Favorability underlying the %s.