270soft Forum

Balance issue?

jtr93

So Im wondering if it is just me or is a Maxed out (edited) candidate too strong, or is there a balance issue with Voting. 

Ive ran a few Campaigns where yes I cheated, Once republican, once Democrat and once 3rd party, where My candidate had Max 10 skills all across the Board. And I won nearly every state each time. The libertarian campaign, which was 2012 I think I took almost all of Obamas votes and Republicans Had 33ish percent in most states. The Republican Campaign In 2020 where I took nearly every State. And Democrat, 2020 Didnt finish but took a Random Candidate from 0% to the Convention winning nearly Every State but the first few and won the Nomination, had I completed it I would have nearly Took every State, in the General Election.

I guess when i get time Im going to edit both my candidate and the opposing candidate with equal skills and try again. see if i can get any closer results. I dont play to lose but I also hate easy games so looking for some balance. 

Also, can we get sortable results in the newer version like the older version had. I like to see where I was closest winning and where i ran away with out having to click the map on every state. 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, jtr93 said:

So Im wondering if it is just me or is a Maxed out (edited) candidate too strong, or is there a balance issue with Voting. 

Ive ran a few Campaigns where yes I cheated, Once republican, once Democrat and once 3rd party, where My candidate had Max 10 skills all across the Board. And I won nearly every state each time. The libertarian campaign, which was 2012 I think I took almost all of Obamas votes and Republicans Had 33ish percent in most states. The Republican Campaign In 2020 where I took nearly every State. And Democrat, 2020 Didnt finish but took a Random Candidate from 0% to the Convention winning nearly Every State but the first few and won the Nomination, had I completed it I would have nearly Took every State, in the General Election.

I guess when i get time Im going to edit both my candidate and the opposing candidate with equal skills and try again. see if i can get any closer results. I dont play to lose but I also hate easy games so looking for some balance. 

Also, can we get sortable results in the newer version like the older version had. I like to see where I was closest winning and where i ran away with out having to click the map on every state. 

10s should be pretty rare. If you are creating a candidate that is all 10s, this sounds realistic to me.

Yes, sorting election night results is planned to be added.