270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

Thanks as always Anthony for all of your hard work, I want to get back into the game now that the election is over.

Question - I want to attempt to create a scenario, but it is a bit intimidating. Are there any tutorials (maybe video?) for scenario creation, and how best to approach it? I think you mentioned we area couple months from the editor's functionality being fully restored, so no hurry! But I would like to get more into that aspect of the game.

12 hours ago, thr33 said:

Thanks as always Anthony for all of your hard work, I want to get back into the game now that the election is over.

Question - I want to attempt to create a scenario, but it is a bit intimidating. Are there any tutorials (maybe video?) for scenario creation, and how best to approach it? I think you mentioned we area couple months from the editor's functionality being fully restored, so no hurry! But I would like to get more into that aspect of the game.

What scenario do you want to create?

Just now, Jayavarman said:

What scenario do you want to create?

Well I am on a political discord so I wanted to try and create one with me and my friends from there first just to get my feet wet.

I have some other ideas though:

(1) An all-time election with different nominees in the modern era (maybe 72-present? or 92-present?).

(2) Alternate elections in a timeline where the GOP never becomes pro-life in the 70s-80s.

(3) Present/recent past/immediate/future elections (say 2016, 2020, 2024) with very simplified platforms.

Idea 3 might be a good one to play around with first.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:07 AM, thr33 said:

Well, there's the online help ( https://270soft.com/product-help-files/ ) and inline (tooltip) help in the Editor.

I would recommend starting out simple, just editing an existing campaign (say to a different year).

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Well, there's the online help ( https://270soft.com/product-help-files/ ) and inline (tooltip) help in the Editor.

I would recommend starting out simple, just editing an existing campaign (say to a different year).

Thanks, I'll check out this resource and give it a shot.

This idea: "(3) Present/recent past/immediate/future elections (say 2016, 2020, 2024) with very simplified platforms." seems like the easiest start.

• Upvote 1

@admin_270

I have another suggestion for you! This one is concerning polls. So you know how you can set polls to be on during the general election. I was wondering if it would be possible to set them to be based around candidates. Currently they can be set around a generic party. For example, Generic Republican could get 45% generic Democrat 45%

But let's say it was Trump 45% Biden 50%

Or if another candidate is the nominee Trump 45% Sanders 45%

Does that make sense? I hope I'm making sense 😕

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

@admin_270

I have another suggestion for you! This one is concerning polls. So you know how you can set polls to be on during the general election. I was wondering if it would be possible to set them to be based around candidates. Currently they can be set around a generic party. For example, Generic Republican could get 45% generic Democrat 45%

But let's say it was Trump 45% Biden 50%

Or if another candidate is the nominee Trump 45% Sanders 45%

Does that make sense? I hope I'm making sense 😕

I'll be looking at the Editor Polling system in a bit. The way the game is designed (I know you have reported a bug with this, and it's on the list) you want to put in generic numbers, then modify them with regional bonuses for a given candidate.