270soft Forum

Game is unplayably slow

Hi all. I used to play President Infinity a few years back and loved it - have sunk tons of hours into it. I recently came back (today) and the game is unbearably slow. It takes upwards of five minutes to go through a week of game time. I have the game on an M2 SSD and there are no hardware issues. 

I am playing classic - tried to play the newest version but it was an absolute buggy mess and seemed much more difficult to navigate.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Note that I am not using autosave.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 6:21 PM, J Can said:

Hi all. I used to play President Infinity a few years back and loved it - have sunk tons of hours into it. I recently came back (today) and the game is unbearably slow. It takes upwards of five minutes to go through a week of game time. I have the game on an M2 SSD and there are no hardware issues. 

I am playing classic - tried to play the newest version but it was an absolute buggy mess and seemed much more difficult to navigate.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Note that I am not using autosave.

Thanks!

If Classic is too slow,

1. Make sure autosave is turned off. Will significantly slow down games.

2. Try turning off candidates. For example, if you are starting in primaries with 20+ candidates turned on, turn some of them off.

3. Interested in more specific feedback on v. 3.3.x. Why is it more difficult to navigate? What bugs are you experiencing?