270soft Forum

Kanye West attributes

Anthony_270

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Again, I say@admin_270's priorities are disappointing and off-mark.

Heh - the priority is getting the Editor completed, as well as the rest of the game. West is just a 3rd party candidate many people heard about during the campaign and adds a fun factor, while helping test the Editor.

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

1) he doesn't run a record label (that's Jay Z). Getting your rappers wrong. 

2) he oversees a billion dollar fashion sneaker line in the fashion industry 

3) to call Kanye an "empty populist" that "brings nothing meaningful to the table" is ignorant and does disservice to his work in inner city Chicago.

It appears that you just read the headlines on Kanye and have not actually researched him, watched his interviews, nor know his actual history whatsoever. To make such outlandish statements acting as if you know all surrounding him is disappointing and off mark. 

I will not get dragged into this inane issue further with you. It's only yet another sinkhole argument.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Heh - the priority is getting the Editor completed, as well as the rest of the game. West is just a 3rd party candidate many people heard about during the campaign and adds a fun factor, while helping test the Editor.

I agree with your treating the editor as a priority. Kanye would be fun, but the campaign needs to be rebalanced anyway.

(Now I do hope we get the voter bloc update, but it seems that'll have to wait a bit longer like you said on your blog.)

7 minutes ago, thr33 said:

I agree with your treating the editor as a priority. Kanye would be fun, but the campaign needs to be rebalanced anyway.

(Now I do hope we get the voter bloc update, but it seems that'll have to wait a bit longer like you said on your blog.)

Voter blocs will be awhile. As far as major features, redoing the polling system will be first.

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Voter blocs will be awhile. As far as major features, redoing the polling system will be first.

After the 2016 election, I'd place much less emphasis on polling being accurate in the game. Would be a lot more fun anyway to have polls where you're up or down 4-6% pts and manage to win (or lose) bc of momentum. 

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

After the 2016 election, I'd place much less emphasis on polling being accurate in the game. Would be a lot more fun anyway to have polls where you're up or down 4-6% pts and manage to win (or lose) bc of momentum. 

Yep. I'll be doing a thread on the polling feature at some point in the future.

But public polls will be broken down into individual pollsters, each with a potential bias. Campaign designers will be able to have those randomly generated or set them.

The player will then have to decide to set a corrective %, and weighting, for a given poll. From that you get poll averages.

• Thanks 1

Just now, admin_270 said:

No timeline. May or may not happen.

It should be a far higher priority, ultimately, and I can't possibly fathom the low tier you're placing it on. You are saying the GREAT MAJORITY of election scenarios being meaningfully and practically impossibilities to have in your engine doesn't bother and SHOULDN'T bother anyone else, and is not a GRAVE FLAW and GLARING HOLE in your game engine. I can't get my head around such a counter-intuitive point-of-view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

1) he doesn't run a record label (that's Jay Z). Getting your rappers wrong. 

He said running a record label isn't the same experience. Kanye did in fact found and run a record label and is still heavily involved with it. He wasn't getting his rappers wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Because you have a flawed argument because you're ill-informed on Kanye's history in leadership situations, I'm well aware. 

If it helps soothe you to sleep believing that bit of self-delusion, it doesn't really matter to me...

57 minutes ago, Patine said:

It should be a far higher priority, ultimately, and I can't possibly fathom the low tier you're placing it on. You are saying the GREAT MAJORITY of election scenarios being meaningfully and practically impossibilities to have in your engine doesn't bother and SHOULDN'T bother anyone else, and is not a GRAVE FLAW and GLARING HOLE in your game engine. I can't get my head around such a counter-intuitive point-of-view.

Can you just be grateful the Admin even MAKES updates to the game rather than acting like a spoiled child? You're unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Can you just be grateful the Admin even MAKES updates to the game rather than acting like a spoiled child? You're unbelievable. 

If he was making his game as a charity and philanthropy, then absolutely. But I am a customer, and I am making requests for a product I have invested in. Now, @admin_270, I believe @PoliticalPundit calling me a "spoiled child," unwarranted, especially in response to a post not directed at me, could be construed as a personal attack against me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Patine said:

calling me a "spoiled child," unwarranted, especially in response to a post not directed at me, could be construed as a personal attack against me.

Yep, everybody chill. Will close this thread as Kanye has been added, release won't quite make it for today.

17 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Polling is important to know which seats you're targeting and all (and the fog of war thing already does the polling error), so if you have polls that are even more biased, along with the fog of war, you could be polling off 10% or so in states that you may be exceedingly close. I think it's finding a problem rather than a solution.

Thread unlocked so I can reply to this. ūüėĬ†Ya, look at Wisconsin 2020 for example. Official result Biden +0.7%. RCP ave. Biden +6.7%. That's an average, which would not happen in the game. 538 was Biden +8.3%, even worse. Remember that late-October Biden +17 poll? That isn't possible in the game, but here we are.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:31 PM, PoliticalPundit said:

ūü§£ūü§£¬†"Self delusion" coming from you? You don't know Kanye! You're not an expert on every topic! Stop acting like it.¬†

On 12/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, Patine said:

If he was making his game as a charity and philanthropy, then absolutely. But I am a customer, and I am making requests for a product I have invested in. Now, @admin_270, I believe @PoliticalPundit calling me a "spoiled child," unwarranted, especially in response to a post not directed at me, could be construed as a personal attack against me.

Hmm...wonder if the personal attack rule was enforced...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Thread unlocked so I can reply to this. ūüėĬ†Ya, look at Wisconsin 2020 for example. Official result Biden +0.7%. RCP ave. Biden +6.7%. That's an average, which would not happen in the game. 538 was Biden +8.3%, even worse. Remember that late-October Biden +17 poll? That isn't possible in the game, but here we are.

Anthony - Will you adjust (or maybe you have already done so) the 2020 scenario to make results more accurately reflect the actual results? Or are you going to wait until you revamp the polling system for errors?

46 minutes ago, thr33 said:

Anthony - Will you adjust (or maybe you have already done so) the 2020 scenario to make results more accurately reflect the actual results? Or are you going to wait until you revamp the polling system for errors?

Yes, the general election %s are on the list to modify.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Hmm...wonder if the personal attack rule was enforced...

Locked the thread and told relevant people to desist. That's enforcing the 'personal attack rule'. People were being banned for short periods of time right before the election because the forum was blowing up due to personal attacks, and more significant responses were required.

• Upvote 1