Kanye West attributes

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't judge, but if I do judge it is righteous judgment. 😉

That suggests his attributes should be even lower, since he got all that free media coverage and still finished 7th in popular voting.

If he was making his game as a charity and philanthropy, then absolutely. But I am a customer, and I am making requests for a product I have invested in. Now, @admin_270, I believe @PoliticalPundit ca

9 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I'd recommend you do better research in general about what you post about. 

A 10 in integrity for any politician is incredible. You're showing your bias there. 

• Like 1

A lot of posts on this thread have been blurring the line between Integrity and Moral Virtue / Conscientiousness.

For example, criticizing Kanye on the one hand for his repeated outbursts and publicity stunts on the grounds that they are rude, inconsiderate, thoughtless, etc. but on the other hand propping those up as examples of a man who speaks his mind and is true to himself, the opposite of a cold and calculated public speaker who panders based on focus group research.

Also I think it's important for game context to clarify what Integrity means. Is this in reference to public service, not flip-flopping, staying consistent on the issues? Or is it about moral virtue, good behavior even when cameras aren't rolling, and an overall avoidance of personal scandal?

A politician or public servant may have a great deal of integrity in the way they serve the nation and none in their personal life. Take for example JFK and Ted Kennedy. Each has been lionized by history for serving their nation with "Integrity", but their personal lives were tainted with scandals of immoral behavior that go against the very definition of Integrity. Depending on how the term is being applied - to public service or to personal affairs - each man either has tons of integrity or none at all.

Using the above examples of JFK and Ted Kennedy as a baseline, I argue that Kanye deserves a low Integrity score but not a 0 or 1.

Because in terms of his personal life, he has had some mild scandals but none that would be cause for something like impeachment or indictment.

And in terms of government service he has no record to go by, he is untested in this way, but has the potential to improve with time.

17 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

A lot of posts on this thread have been blurring the line between Integrity and Moral Virtue / Conscientiousness.

For example, criticizing Kanye on the one hand for his repeated outbursts and publicity stunts on the grounds that they are rude, inconsiderate, thoughtless, etc. but on the other hand propping those up as examples of a man who speaks his mind and is true to himself, the opposite of a cold and calculated public speaker who panders based on focus group research.

Also I think it's important for game context to clarify what Integrity means. Is this in reference to public service, not flip-flopping, staying consistent on the issues? Or is it about moral virtue, good behavior even when cameras aren't rolling, and an overall avoidance of personal scandal?

A politician or public servant may have a great deal of integrity in the way they serve the nation and none in their personal life. Take for example JFK and Ted Kennedy. Each has been lionized by history for serving their nation with "Integrity", but their personal lives were tainted with scandals of immoral behavior that go against the very definition of Integrity. Depending on how the term is being applied - to public service or to personal affairs - each man either has tons of integrity or none at all.

"Moral virtue" is totally subjective. "Flip flopping on positions/corruption in their past political actions" is not. 

There is also a massive difference between Ted Kennedy who tried to cover a car crash, vs. Kanye who got drunk and crashed an awards show. Kanye did not get arrested or tried to anything bc he said Beyonce should have won an award, nor did he bc he said some dumb things on TMZ. If anything, that should relate to issue familiarity not integrity. 

6 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

PA went blue. :)

And I was right about everything regarding polling, demographics, etc despite voting fraud and corruption. Trump won't win it probably, but the people have spoken and this is a highly divided nation with massive historical support for Trump.

And the Democrats had a disastrous (!!) election w the House and Senate. Will be massive gridlock for 4 years, fine by me. 

Anyway, back to Kanye 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

How so?

will be inevitably going way off topic so let's not get into it too much but there has been plenty already including boarding up windows, refusal to allow lawyers with court orders into voting areas to observe, countless videos of biased counters or throwing fits seeing votes etc.. including this 

3 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

While it might be more fun, it would be a little too unrealistic. 5 is fine tbh. 

Not at all, we've already gone over Kanye's numerous business and cultural accomplishments as a leader. Based on how politicians in the game have been ranked, 6 is more than fair. 

From @admin_270 link:

Definition: Leadership is a composite, and includes visionary, strategic, and managerial leadership abilities. These can be demonstrated in government, business, or other organizational leadership roles. It is the ability to inspire or get ‘buy in’ from people to follow and then effectively lead them to the desired result. There are various styles of leadership, from more cooperative to more authoritative to more inspirational, but the important point for game purposes is that it gets results.

- 70 Grammy nom's, 21 wins 

- Changed the entire face of Hip Hop (Visionary) 

- According to Forbes, his brand Yeezy is now valued at over $1 billion.

- one of the most noteworthy twitter accounts in recent memory

people letting personal taste get in the way of objectivity (again). If anything based on the definition his leadership should be considered an 8 imo. 

You talk about visionary and don't have Kanye higher than a 6?? No way. No one besides Jay Z and P Diddy has done what Kanye has done across multiple platforms. 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Not at all, we've already gone over Kanye's numerous business and cultural accomplishments as a leader. Based on how politicians in the game have been ranked, 6 is more than fair. 

I disagree. I base this upon political accomplishments as well hence why his leadership score is a little lower.

• Like 1
Just now, TheLiberalKitten said:

I disagree. I base this upon political accomplishments as well hence why his leadership score is a little lower.

Based on @admin_270's definition about review, I'd make it an 8 instead of my initial assessment of 7.  See above 

"These can be demonstrated in government, business, or other organizational leadership roles. "

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

so you're saying if Mark Cuban or Jay Z ran in this game you'd put them as a 4-5 bc of no political accomplishments too? 

It would depend. I'd have to look at their past, etc. Cuban I'd probably put at a 5 as well TBH. Jay Z, I wouldn't know right now.

Also not having seen the link before discussing Kanye's integrity, it appears I was right: 

"Definition: Integrity includes both political integrity (does a politician keep their promises in the public sphere? are they ethical in their public work?) and personal integrity (do they say what they believe or what is expedient? are they hypocritical? do they lie or engage in other obviously deceitful behavior in their personal lives?)."

5 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I mean it appears you're not familiar with Kanye or Jay Z's business ventures which is part of leadership... 

Says the guy who called Kanye West a "lowly producer". That is laughable.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

It would depend. I'd have to look at their past, etc. Cuban I'd probably put at a 5 as well TBH. Jay Z, I wouldn't know right now.

The game's definition of leadership mentions business leadership role and inspiring buy in, so a 7 for Kanye seems about right.