270soft Forum

Kanye West attributes

Anthony_270

Let's figure out some of Kanye's attributes. Let's start with personal attributes. I'll be updating these as we go along.

• Leadership 6
  • Experience 2
  • Issue Familiarity (and Primaries) 3
  • Integrity 7
  • Charisma 7
  • Stamina 8
  • Debating (and Primaries) 3

Feel free to mention what you think the values should be!

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Let's figure out some of Kanye's attributes. Let's start with personal attributes. I'll be updating these as we go along.

• Leadership
  • Experience
  • Issue Familiarity
  • Integrity (and Primaries)
  • Charisma
  • Stamina
  • Debating (and Primaries)

Feel free to mention what you think the values should be!

its up to 10 right?

his starting money should be a lot. 40 million? 35? 50? 

leadership: 4

Experience: 3-4 

Issue Familiarity: 3-4 

Integrity: 7-8 

Charisma: 9  (to off-set the other lack of skills)

Stamina: 8 

Debating: 5-6 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

would you have given trump a 0 for experience?

On this 0-10 scale I might have given him a 1 or 2 due to his long time connections.  At the time the game used a 1-5 scale and he should have been a 1.

Being a business man has no relevance to the job of being president.  Influence and impacting culture would fall under leadership.

If you're a successful CEO (not how I would describe Trump), I think that would translate to 3-5 in terms of experience (since you would have experience as a manager, and that's part of the job of being President, but there's also other things about being President that are very different from being a CEO). 

Hell, I would even give someone who only successfully won a competitive primary, with no other experience at all, a 1, simply because managing a successful campaign is also relevant managerial experience.

Thanks everyone! Updated numbers to 

• Leadership 6
  • Experience 2
  • Integrity 7
  • Charisma 7
  • Stamina 8
  • Debating (and Primaries) 3

I think all the campaign attributes will be set to 1, with the exception of Spin at 2.

Feedback welcome!

Kanye West:

• Leadership 3

Blurs line between "bold vision" and delusions of grandeur. Media popularity does not necessarily guarantee ability to lead, unite, work across the aisle etc.

• Experience 1

No prior government employment or public service

Points for involvement in the First Step Act and, one assumes, anecdotal familiarity with domestic policy issues - social and economic

• Integrity 4

Not known for flip-flopping but has a track record of making wild inflammatory claims

• Charisma 9
  • Stamina 7
  • Debating (and Primaries) 2

Untested in this area but past reputation precedes him. "I'mma let you finish..."

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BeetleJuice said:

Are you going to limit Kanye to the state's he qualified for. Or are you going to allow him to get on  the ballot in all 50 states?

He'll be able to get on the ballot in any state, but he'll start with a limited number of states. I have to look more carefully at when he got ballot approval in various places.

Integrity: "the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness."

Kanye has constantly to his detriment said what he felt at the wrong times multiple times in his career. Taylor Swift anyone? George W Bush about Katrina? He is the definition of integrity. Making, " wild inflammatory claims" has nothing to do with integrity when it's what he believes. He's not someone who will say something just to get more votes, he says what he believes to be true.

7-8. There's a lot of bias in these other ratings just bc they don't like him (shocker). Id even go 9-10 to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

I‚Äôm a big fan of his music but his general reputation and his mental health issues should likely weigh in to make his integrity below average. He‚Äôs not scandalous per se but he‚Äôs definitely not someone who comes to mind for ‚Äúintegrity‚ÄĚ. I give him a 4. Maybe an argument for 5 but I don‚Äôt really see it.

• Thanks 1