270soft Forum

Election day!

Anthony_270

I am a bit sadden by the performance of Donald Rainwater in Indiana and Ricky in Arkansas, but they both did damn well in their own right. I hope it is just the start of something greater... 

1 hour ago, mlcorcoran said:

^ This

Food for thought: America does not have a single election for President. We have 51 separate, disjointed elections for President (each state plus District of Columbia). All of which are then aggregated together to figure out a consensus result.

Example: 

14 minutes ago, pilight said:

Maybe he has a job or something

exactly, but not surprised to see everyone else obsession as always :)

--

sharpie voting in arizona

150K votes for Biden.. and 0 for Trump

people mysteriously deciding to take the night off to stop counting ballots in states where trump is leading

unbelievable corruption

We will see what the courts say, but Trump should fight this every step of the way. 

---

Regardless of the final outcome

I predicted everything accurately

polls were completely off and should never be accounted for again (other than the one or two Republican polls)

totally right on African American and Hispanic voters

Still a very long time to go. Luckily the dems don't control everything even if Biden wins so could be a lot worse. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

This is a very divided nation

The media etc should take a look in the mirror and realize what frauds they've been this entire time for the past 8 years

had they covered things fairly, this wouldn't be very close 

At least we agree on something.

• Upvote 2

If roles were reversed

and Biden was winning in states, and those states decided to "take a break" for 10 hours

and the Dems wake up to find Trump ahead

There would be rioting and looting in the streets right now. 

How in the world do states get away with "taking the rest of the night off" because they're tired or whatever? It's election night!!! Sleep after you count the votes. There is unbelievable corruption going on and it's a total disgrace to the nation. And only in the states where Trump was winning? Why didn't the other states "take the night off" as well then? Ridiculous. 

• Haha 2

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

If roles were reversed

and Biden was winning in states, and those states decided to "take a break" for 10 hours

and the Dems wake up to find Trump ahead

There would be rioting and looting in the streets right now. 

How in the world do states get away with "taking the rest of the night off" because they're tired or whatever? It's election night!!! Sleep after you count the votes. There is unbelievable corruption going on and it's a total disgrace to the nation. 

except that isn't how it has to work? as long as the votes are cleanly and fairly counted, it doesn't matter, and currently the votes are being cleanly and fairly counted.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah mail in ballots... yes! Corruption! Corruption! Corruption! Joe Biden is a horrible human being who has exploited the citizens of this country with his shenanigans, and in order to further the political duopoly, is now winning!

Hah. Hah. Hah. 

Nothing seems to satisfy certain people who believe that the whole election is a fraud, on both sides quite frankly. 

Here's how we get rid of the fraud, collusion, and alllll forms of interference;

paper ballots. All these mail in ballots coming in are being counted fair, by election volunteers who can't be exploited by some Russian, Chinese, Indian, whatever, on a laptop. 

If you actually knew what it was like being an election worker/volunteer, or even at least had someone you know who does this every 2 years for elections... maybe you wouldn't be so prone to believing the misinformation President Trump puts out every day.

I say this having multiple family members and friends who are proudly poll workers in my state of South Carolina. 

@PoliticalPundit

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PringlesN7 said:

Ah mail in ballots... yes! Corruption! Corruption! Corruption! Joe Biden is a horrible human being who has exploited the citizens of this country with his shenanigans, and in order to further the political duopoly, is now winning!

Hah. Hah. Hah. 

Nothing seems to satisfy certain people who believe that the whole election is a fraud, on both sides quite frankly. 

Here's how we get rid of the fraud, collusion, and alllll forms of interference;

paper ballots. All these mail in ballots coming in are being counted fair, by election volunteers who  and can't be exploited by some Russian, Chinese, Indian, whatever, on a laptop. 

If you actually knew what it was like being an election worker/volunteer, or even at least had someone you know who does this every 2 years for elections... maybe you wouldn't be so prone to believing the misinformation President Trump puts out every day.

I say this having multiple family members and friends who are proudly poll workers in my state of South Carolina. 

@PoliticalPundit

That's great... for South Carolina. You realize not every state has the same standards and ethics right 

Looking at the race now, the only path to victory that Trump has, imo at least, lies in PA + NV.  Nevada currently has Biden in the lead by only 8,000 votes, so I wouldn't get too comfortable yet if I were in his camp.  Does anyone know why they are putting off the count until tomorrow?

If Biden does end up winning, the best part of the victory will be the fact that I no longer have to hear the Qtips talk about "patriots being in control".  Will be interesting to see how they spin a Biden victory as a 4D chess move.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

That's great... for South Carolina. You realize not every state has the same standards and ethics right 

Obviously. That's why we're still waiting on these big states because they're a hell of a lot larger than my state and have different political landscapes entirely. 

From: https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

• Georgia: Trump currently leads here by 79,509 votes, and the secretary of state said during an 11:30 a.m. press conference that there were still 200,000 mail-in votes and 50,000 early votes to count, mostly in Democratic-leaning counties like Fulton and DeKalb. Fulton is hoping to finish all its counting by 9 p.m. tonight.
  • Michigan: Biden currently leads here by just 37,350 votes, but it will be difficult for Trump to close that gap because most of the uncounted ballots are in very blue Wayne County (Detroit). At 2 p.m. Eastern, Wayne said it had only 16,000 ballots left to count, which it plans to complete by 6 p.m.

2 hours ago, mlcorcoran said:

^ This

Food for thought: America does not have a single election for President. We have 51 separate, disjointed elections for President (each state plus District of Columbia).

I agree with this, except that I would probably avoid the term disjoint - it's not entirely disjoint,  there are states within the same region or that have similar demographics that are usually very likely (if not always) going to vote in a similar way.