270soft Forum

When do you think one candidate or the other will concede?

When do you think one candidate or the other will concede?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think one candidate or the other will concede?

• On election night
    • Next day
    • A couple days after the election
    • A few days after the election
    • A week after
    • Two weeks after
    • A month after
    • Two months after
    • Never!!!111oneone

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump doesn't concede until the day before he has to leave office in January. Or maybe he will concede if it's clearly in favor of Biden tomorrow night. Biden would concede tomorrow night if the results are clear or the next day like Hillary did.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RainbowFish said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump doesn't concede until the day before he has to leave office in January. Or maybe he will concede if it's clearly in favor of Biden tomorrow night. Biden would concede tomorrow night if the results are clear or the next day like Hillary did.

Biden's campaign has already said he won't concede tomorrow night under any circumstances. Disgraceful.

Having said that, if Trump clearly wins despite his team's best efforts, I see Biden conceding by the end of this week.. Friday at the latest. He is a fine man at the end of the day surrounded by a team of vultures.

If Biden wins clearly, I actually do see Trump conceding by Wednesday evening. This would have to be an 8+% win in PA, a shocker win in like Florida or Texas etc..

if it's a close Trump win, will probably take till early December w the lawyers.

If it's a close Biden win, he won't concede and fight it till it hits the Supreme Court Gore/Bush style. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Both campaigns will go to the courts, no matter what.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Biden's campaign has already said he won't concede tomorrow night under any circumstances. Disgraceful.

No more so than his opponent saying "we're going to go in night of, as soon as that election is over, we're going in with our lawyers".  That's before there's any evidence of anything.

Trump will never concede.  He'll go to his grave claiming there's widespread fraud regardless of whether any such thing exists.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I imagine, between 2000 and the increased complexity because of the amount of early + absentee voting, they won't jump to concede unless it's unambiguous.  If it is ambiguous, they'll probably wait a day or two until the situation is clear (or longer, if it's still close/requires a recount/etc)

I think it's possible  Trump's concession might be more of a defacto concession (eg, not stirring stuff up) rather than an official concession (eg, calling up Biden, etc).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, pilight said:

No more so than his opponent saying "we're going to go in night of, as soon as that election is over, we're going in with our lawyers".  That's before there's any evidence of anything.

Trump will never concede.  He'll go to his grave claiming there's widespread fraud regardless of whether any such thing exists.

This has aged pretty well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We'll see. I wouldn't concede anything until all allegations of voter fraud are finally adequately addressed. However, the very same people who told us over the course of the last four years, that there was voter fraud, Russia etc., now deny any possibility of such things.

If you care about free and fair elections be in favor of an audit. What do you have to lose?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

We'll see. I wouldn't concede anything until all allegations of voter fraud are finally adequately addressed. However, the very same people who told us over the course of the last four years, that there was voter fraud, Russia etc., now deny any possibility of such things.

If you care about free and fair elections be in favor of an audit. What do you have to lose?

It's a waste of time and money.  The election is over.  Biden won.  It's time to start the transition.

• Upvote 1
On 11/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, Hestia11 said:

I thought those convos were locked. 

Yeah, too bad actually.

10 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

yep, it's a shame some folks who aren't even on the board anymore were so selfish they ruined it on the way out. typical behavior. 

Hark at thee!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

yep, it's a shame some folks who aren't even on the board anymore were so selfish they ruined it on the way out. typical behavior. 

Is this a personal attack?

NO, because the poster shares my values.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Although not singling out anyone in particular, this is a personal attack on various people. This is a warning - no more, please.

• Thanks 1