Jump to content
270soft Forum

270 background survey


Recommended Posts

On 11/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, BeetleJuice said:

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W @PoliticalPundit

 

Hi, I am kind of a new member on the forum. I don't post very often, but I like reading responses. Here's a survey to get to know you better.

1. Age

2. Occupation

3. Highest Education  Received/Major

4. Political Compass Quadrant https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

5. Myers Brigg Personality https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

 

I'll start

1. 21

2. Graduate Assistant

3. I received my undergrad in Political Science, I'm currently in my first semester in an MPA program.

4. Centrist- in lib left quad. 

5. INTJ 

1. 23

2. HS Graduate

3. Employee at a lumber company.

4. Lib-right.

5. INTP

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, Patine said:

1. 44

2. Social Worker

3. Community College and Perennial Upgrades and Seminar related to social work, and decades of avid self-education

4. Socially and Politically Reformist and Equalization (but not on board with a fair number of more radical modern Social Progressive ideas), Anti-Military Interventionist, Economically Social Democratic

5. I haven't seen this fortune teller, yet. ?

I knew Patine was a boomer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, Herbert Hoover said:

What schools are you looking at? I’m taking the LSAT a second time on Saturday but I’m hoping to attend George Mason.

I applied to George Mason (the Federalist Society has a strong presence there).  But I also applied to UK, Northern Kentucky, Ohio State, Case Western Reserve, Cincinnati, Indiana, Notre Dame, Belmont, Vanderbilt, Washington and Lee, Duke, Texas, Texas A&M (paid all my fees), Penn State (paid all my fees), and Nebraska (paid all my fees).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

I applied to George Mason (the Federalist Society has a strong presence there).  But I also applied to UK, Northern Kentucky, Ohio State, Case Western Reserve, Cincinnati, Indiana, Notre Dame, Belmont, Vanderbilt, Washington and Lee, Duke, Texas, Texas A&M (paid all my fees), Penn State (paid all my fees), and Nebraska (paid all my fees).

It looks like we’re applying to a lot of the same schools. I’m on the fence short Belmont - their program is so new but I’m sure that with my LSAT score they’d give me a full ride. What makes them appealing to you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, Herbert Hoover said:

It looks like we’re applying to a lot of the same schools. I’m on the fence short Belmont - their program is so new but I’m sure that with my LSAT score they’d give me a full ride. What makes them appealing to you?

I'm looking at schools around Kentucky for the most part (since I'd like to stay here for the near future).  Plus Belmont is quickly becoming well respected in the area (with a high bar passage rate and a high employment rate).  I have a solid GPA and LSAT too, so I figure I could get a very good scholarship there as well.  I already have a full ride from NKU and Nebraska on the table (with a stipend from Nebraska).  I also got into Cincinnati, but they mail their scholarship offers (so I don't know what I got yet).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, jvikings1 said:

I'm looking at schools around Kentucky for the most part (since I'd like to stay here for the near future).  Plus Belmont is quickly becoming well respected in the area (with a high bar passage rate and a high employment rate).  I have a solid GPA and LSAT too, so I figure I could get a very good scholarship there as well.  I already have a full ride from NKU and Nebraska on the table (with a stipend from Nebraska).  I also got into Cincinnati, but they mail their scholarship offers (so I don't know what I got yet).

How did this end up going? I ED’d George Mason and am hoping to get accepted into their Scalia Scholars program for full tuition. Otherwise I’m likely heading to Miami, Belmont, or Florida. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, NYConservative said:

I knew Patine was a boomer!

No, Generation X. My Mother is a Boomer (though the term "Boomer," is only used infrequently in Canada). Probably all the same to you Millennials - "they're all older than us, they don't understand us! *emo rant*" :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

How did this end up going? I ED’d George Mason and am hoping to get accepted into their Scalia Scholars program for full tuition. Otherwise I’m likely heading to Miami, Belmont, or Florida. 

Scalia Scholars? As in the Late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony "Piggory Jiggory," Scalia? If so, that's a little bit scary...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Scalia Scholars? As in the Late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony "Piggory Jiggory," Scalia? If so, that's a little bit scary...

Yes. It is common for law schools to be named after late judges or justices. It wouldn’t surprise me if the more textualist faculty members had a part in the new name. Scalia Law has a reputation as being more textualist/originalist in a good portion of its curriculum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Age - 34

2. Occupation - graphic design/energy consulting

3. Highest Education - bachelors/math

4. Political Compass Quadrant - between auth left and lib left (-3 econ, 0 social)

5. Myers Brigg Personality - INFP

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, Herbert Hoover said:

How did this end up going? I ED’d George Mason and am hoping to get accepted into their Scalia Scholars program for full tuition. Otherwise I’m likely heading to Miami, Belmont, or Florida. 

So, I am in at Ohio State (awaiting scholarship), Cincinnati (100%), NKU (100%), Nebraska (100%), Penn State (100%), University of Kentucky (70% and an invite to scholarship competition), Belmont (100%), and Washington and Lee (70%). I am still awaiting a decision from George Mason, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Duke, Texas, Florida, Indiana, and Case Western Reserve. I thought about the Scalia Scholars program, but I decided I didn't want to bind myself anywhere. The DC cost of living was a big part in that decision for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

So, I am in at Ohio State (awaiting scholarship), Cincinnati (100%), NKU (100%), Nebraska (100%), Penn State (100%), University of Kentucky (70% and an invite to scholarship competition), Belmont (100%), and Washington and Lee (70%). I am still awaiting a decision from George Mason, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Duke, Texas, Florida, Indiana, and Case Western Reserve. I thought about the Scalia Scholars program, but I decided I didn't want to bind myself anywhere. The DC cost of living was a big part in that decision for me.

If, for some insane and bizarre reason, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, I wouldn't study too far from home - probably the U of A, in my case - because differences in Canadian Provincial and U.S. State legal codes would, I should think, make studying in one's own jurisdiction optimal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, Patine said:

If, for some insane and bizarre reason, I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, I wouldn't study too far from home - probably the U of A, in my case - because differences in Canadian Provincial and U.S. State legal codes would, I should think, make studying in one's own jurisdiction optimal.

Yes, that's my line of thinking as well.  Since I would like to stay in Kentucky, I'm focusing on the schools that would set me up well for a career here.  Though I'm also keeping my options for DC open (as that is something I've considered as well).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...