Jump to content
270soft Forum

Axios: Trump's plan to declare premature victory


PoliticalPundit
 Share

Recommended Posts

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

 

 

Details: Many prognosticators say that on election night, Trump will likely appear ahead in Pennsylvania — though the state's final outcome could change substantially as mail-in ballots are counted over the following days. 

  • Trump's team is preparing to claim baselessly that if that process changes the outcome in Pennsylvania from the picture on election night, then Democrats would have "stolen" the election.
  •  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I am expecting a Joe Biden victory on Tuesday night. I’d say 65% chance Joe wins on Tuesday, 25% chance he doesn’t and Trump has a chance to attempt to steal the election. 10% chance Trump actually wins fair and square.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

 I am expecting a Joe Biden victory on Tuesday night. I’d say 65% chance Joe wins on Tuesday, 25% chance he doesn’t and Trump has a chance to attempt to steal the election. 10% chance Trump actually wins fair and square.

My odds are an 85% Trump wins

10% we don't hear that night 

5% Biden wins if he takes Texas 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Out of these states, in order ranked for how much I expect Biden to win them

1. Arizona

2. North Carolina

3. Texas

4. Georgia

5. Florida

6. Iowa

7. Ohio

I give Biden the best odds in Georgia.... then Arizona the others are all going for Trump. 

 

PA is the key to the election. If Trump wins there it's over. Assuming Florida is a lock for Trump already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I give Biden the best odds in Georgia.... then Arizona the others are all going for Trump. 

 

PA is the key to the election. If Trump wins there it's over. Assuming Florida is a lock for Trump already. 

You may have your math wrong here but if Trump loses GA, it doesn’t matter if he wins FL and PA it’s not enough. Even if he loses only AZ off that list, PA and FL are still not enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

 

 

Details: Many prognosticators say that on election night, Trump will likely appear ahead in Pennsylvania — though the state's final outcome could change substantially as mail-in ballots are counted over the following days. 

  • Trump's team is preparing to claim baselessly that if that process changes the outcome in Pennsylvania from the picture on election night, then Democrats would have "stolen" the election.
  •  

I thought incumbent, sitting Presidents running for re-election only declare premature victory, and are legally empowered to do so, in African and Asian dominant party emerging democracies, corrupt Latin American electoral schemes, and Post-Soviet party-of-power systems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You may have your math wrong here but if Trump loses GA, it doesn’t matter if he wins FL and PA it’s not enough. Even if he loses only AZ off that list, PA and FL are still not enough.

I think he's gonna flip some states... I think he'll win Minnesota and Nevada. Then he wins, right? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I think he's gonna flip some states... I think he'll win Minnesota and Nevada. Then he wins, right? 

 

Only if he also wins Georgia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see the initial post, so I'll make a comment off the title of the post:

Any President that declares victory early is both un-Democratic and un-American, regardless of their political affiliation. Fortunately, declaring victory early is not the same as being declared the victor. 

I'm not sure what Americans would be supportive of Trump declaring victory early when he still has a valid shot for losing. Any American that thinks that is okay probably should be living in another country like Russia or Belarus. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vcczar said:

I can't see the initial post, so I'll make a comment off the title of the post:

Any President that declares victory early is both un-Democratic and un-American, regardless of their political affiliation. Fortunately, declaring victory early is not the same as being declared the victor. 

I'm not sure what Americans would be supportive of Trump declaring victory early when he still has a valid shot for losing. Any American that thinks that is okay probably should be living in another country like Russia or Belarus. 

Any American who thinks we will have a a fair and just election should take off their blinders 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

First is from 2019, not relevant. 2nd is from what, August? Plenty of time to rectify. The Ohio one literally said it sent rectified ballots to correct it. 

If you could find any, you know, recent data, that would be nice rather than things that are months and years old. Since we are discussing 2020 *general* election. The only thing I've seen is in Florida where there have been some votes sitting in Miami-Dade county (likely Dem votes), that are being sued by.

Are you serious? So things just magically got better in 1 year?  Same with your August reference? These are not articles referenced from the 1980's!!

 

PEOPLE ARE NOT VOTING UNTIL TUESDAY DUDE.  

2019 is not "Years" old that is a YEAR. 

 

 

 

We will get nowhere if you think "2019 is not relevant" "August is not relevant", beyond ridiculous 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

First is from 2019, not relevant. 2nd is from what, August? Plenty of time to rectify. The Ohio one literally said it sent rectified ballots to correct it. 

If you could find any, you know, recent data, that would be nice rather than things that are months and years old. Since we are discussing 2020 *general* election. The only thing I've seen is in Florida where there have been some votes sitting in Miami-Dade county (likely Dem votes), that are being sued by.

If Trump loses @PoliticalPunditwill claim it's fraudulent, if he wins he'll say it was fair. It's just not worth the energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mark_W said:

If Trump loses @PoliticalPunditwill claim it's fraudulent, if he wins he'll say it was fair. It's just not worth the energy.

If Trump loses Texas, and/or loses PA by like 5-6% it's clear he lost. 

 

The idea that FRAUDULENT VOTING is being called "irrelevant" from literally last year and AUGUST of this year shows where the bias is.

 

I'll have plenty of examples of fraudulent voting after the election on Tuesday @Hestia11 regardless of the vote so wait till then :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...