270soft Forum

Austria locks down... again

Conservative Elector 2

Austria goes into a second lockdown, which will be softer than the first one tough. 

In November people won't be allowed to go out 8pm and 6am, high schools and universities have to switch to remote teaching, restaurant have to offer only take away, theatres and other entertaining facilities will have to close again.

No surprise actually, considering many people got careless and attended huge parties etc. 

image.thumb.png.aa063203d0784ed3d388ca6ca1ce7dcf.png

2560px-AT_-_Corona-Ampel.svg.png

Risk by district and towns. 

image.thumb.png.b3bf48aecc7b3869601a15a711bb3868.png

16 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Austria goes into a second lockdown, which will be softer than the first one tough. 

In November people won't be allowed to go out 8pm and 6am, high schools and universities have to switch to remote teaching, restaurant have to offer only take away, theatres and other entertaining facilities will have to close again.

No surprise actually, considering many people got careless and attended huge parties etc. 

image.thumb.png.aa063203d0784ed3d388ca6ca1ce7dcf.png

2560px-AT_-_Corona-Ampel.svg.png

Risk by district and towns. 

image.thumb.png.b3bf48aecc7b3869601a15a711bb3868.png

Here in Alberta, during our big lockdown in the late Spring, we never stopped people from going out at night. No business was open at night during (except a few convenience stores attached to gas stations), but people weren't prevented from travelling around at night - by automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, or even foot - as long as other rules weren't broken (like masks and limits on private gatherings - because indoor gathering places had been closed).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Here in Alberta, during our big lockdown in the late Spring, we never stopped people from going out at night. No business was open at night during (except a few convenience stores attached to gas stations), but people weren't prevented from travelling around at night - by automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, or even foot - as long as other rules weren't broken (like masks and limits on private gatherings - because indoor gathering places had been closed).

Yeah, I don't know if that's the measure which will turn things around. Someone who's not attending restaurants regularly and someone who's not one of those restless people going from club to club at night, is merely not affected by the new restrictions imposed.

30 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Meanwhile, China's zooming ahead.

China's leadership is known to lie heavily. We don't know whether they actually know the real numbers and whether they share them or not.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

China's leadership is known to lie heavily. We don't know whether they actually know the real numbers and whether they share them or not.

My guess is they decided Covid-19 wasn't worth destroying their economy, and swept it under the rug. Look at their numbers - they're ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Every nation's leadership on Earth is known to lie heavily. Why single out China as though they're unique?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Every nation's leadership on Earth is known to lie heavily. Why single out China as though they're unique?

Remember the begin of the pandemic?

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Remember the begin of the pandemic?

The Chinese GOVERNMENT did? That's quite a bold claim. As I understand, it's mismanagement of "exotic foodstuffs," standards - you make it sound like it's biological warfare. There is a BIG difference.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

The Chinese GOVERNMENT did? That's quite a bold claim. As I understand, it's mismanagement of "exotic foodstuffs," standards - you make it sound like it's biological warfare. There is a BIG difference.

I am actually talking about them silencing doctors who were committed to raise awareness about the dire situation.

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I am actually talking about them silencing doctors who were committed to raise awareness about the dire situation.

Ah, yes. I still remember Gingrich cutting funding to AIDS/HIV researchers because he said the spread of the disease was a  "moral issue and should be dealt with through higher moral standards." Is that the general sort of sabotaging of doctors desiring to help, and raise awareness, in virus epidemics/pandemics?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, yes. I still remember Gingrich cutting funding to AIDS/HIV researchers because he said the spread of the disease was a  "moral issue and should be dealt with through higher moral standards." Is that the general sort of sabotaging of doctors desiring to help, and raise awareness, in virus epidemics/pandemics?

I really don't know why you have to mix Gingrich into this while not condemning China in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I really don't know why you have to mix Gingrich into this while not condemning China in the first place?

I'm not praising China, or refusing to condem them, per se. You just seem to portray a narrative that they are more guilty, as a government, in lying and dirty deals at the expense of lives than all others. Trump's back-and-forth, wishy-washy, sloppy handling of COVID based on trying to preserve his personal image and reputation is just as despicable. Why hasn't he been called out by you for such, and no doubt a fair number of unnecessary deaths in the U.S. because of that.

Just now, Patine said:

You just seem to portray a narrative that they are more guilty, as a government, in lying and dirty deals at the expense of lives than all others.

Well, had China raised an alert earlier instead of silencing their own people, other governments could have reacted much quicker. So yes, they are at fault in the first place.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, had China raised an alert earlier instead of silencing their own people, other governments could have reacted much quicker. So yes, they are at fault in the first place.

That doesn't address the refusal to condemn Trump's abysmal and sloppy response, the sign of someone who does not deserve at all to be leader. You evaded my question, entirely. So I ask it again.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

That doesn't address the refusal to condemn Trump's abysmal and sloppy response

It shouldn't address that part therefore I left it out of my quotation.

Look at Europe's numbers on the whole. They seem to be worse than America's but that doesn't fit the narrative, so most of Europe "overly respected" leaders don't get called out by the media for their insane and careless responses. Spain, France, Austria, Germany, Sweden and many others have done bad jobs like most leaders around the world who have proven to lack leadership skills when they are needed the most. Before you ask, yes I believe Biden had done a worse job than Trump on this. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

It shouldn't address that part therefore I left it out of my quotation.

Look at Europe's numbers on the whole. They seem to be worse than America's but that doesn't fit the narrative, so most of Europe "overly respected" leaders don't get called out by the media for their insane and careless responses. Spain, France, Austria, Germany, Sweden and many others have done bad jobs like most leaders around the world who have proven to lack leadership skills when they are needed the most. Before you ask, yes I believe Biden had done a worse job than Trump on this. 

America's "better numbers," (which have only been better at certain periods in this whole affair, and vary moreso by State) were mostly to the credit of certain individual State Governors, who were periodically sabotaged by Trump's executive orders, and he denounced "State Governors," in general in regards to COVID response on the late campaign trail. Where is Trump's "stellar job," on the issue, I ask again?

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

One of them was my aunt. Her oxygen started dropping a few days ago, but has since rebounded.

Hope she's doing fine.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

America's "better numbers," (which have only been better at certain periods in this whole affair, and vary moreso by State) were mostly to the credit of certain individual State Governors, who were periodically sabotaged by Trump's executive orders, and he denounced "State Governors," in general in regards to COVID response on the late campaign trail. Where is Trump's "stellar job," on the issue, I ask again?

I assume you're talking about Cuomo who actually did a horrific job with nursing homes 

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

were mostly to the credit of certain individual State Governors

One thing that seems to have really helped Governors out is ... population density and urbanization. Mortalities per M in the U.S. lowest are ... Vermont, Maine, Alaska, Wyoming. Highest are NY, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut.