270soft Forum

Election Confidence Poll

Election Confidence Poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How Confident are you in the outcome of the election?

• 100% sure Trump wins
    • 90% Trump wins
    • 80% Trump wins
    • 70% Trump wins
    • 60% Trump wins
    • 50/50 Tossup
    • 60% Biden wins
    • 70% Biden wins
    • 80% Biden wins
    • 90% Biden wins
    • 100% sure Biden wins.

I’m honestly not nearly as worried about any shenanigans as y’all are. The support for overturning an election just isn’t there. If Trump loses by a non-contestable margin then he’ll just sit in office for the last 3 months and drop Bombs for Biden and set up his next phase in life.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I'm 60% Biden wins the electoral vote -- but about 80% sure Trump wins the bullshit he'll pull after the election.

Yea, I'm about 60% sure Trump wins the election "fairly", and 90% sure that if Biden wins, a significant portion of votes will be invalidated which will hand the election to Trump.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Yea, I'm about 60% sure Trump wins the election "fairly", and 90% sure that if Biden wins, a significant portion of votes will be invalidated which will hand the election to Trump.

Biden didnt do anything this campaign

If they lose its bc he hid 6 policy speeches in Delaware 

50 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump will win this, and frankly it will be close but decisive. By 1am we will all know Trump won. 

If Trump wins, we won't know until at least midday Wednesday, as Florida is the only key state that we'll know for sure on election night most likely.

• Upvote 1

I voted 80% Biden.

What concerns me the most is while Trumps handling of the pandemic I continually hear what Biden will do about it and really the only difference is the attitude in which they speak.  Neither obviously can cure the virus and more rapid testing is good but it's not going to stop it so that's kind of a 0 to me.

However with the recent stories of some of the ugly things Trump got away with you can argue he did it before he was president and there is no proof a Biden administration would do anything to change that and it's not just Trump but government interference helped create sleezeballs like Trump and I'm sure hundreds if not thousands more.

Also another puzzling thing on this board is seeing the cheering of both establishments that tend to have neo-conservative thinking on foreign policy and without question Biden will return us to that which in the long run only makes the country that much more unsafen

17 minutes ago, superezione said:

If Trump wins, we won't know until at least midday Wednesday, as Florida is the only key state that we'll know for sure on election night most likely.

If Trump wins

It'll be obvious to 90% of this board

and sure by mid Wednesday everyone will announce it.

But we'll know by like 11:30-1:30AM EST that Trump won potentially on the board by Tuesday/Early Wednesday morning. 

Assuming no successful shenanigans, and assuming no huge OctoberNovember surprise  comes out in the next few days (that eclipses the covid spike) - and I'm doubtful of either possibility - then I think there's a 95+% of Biden winning.

33 minutes ago, billay said:

so another puzzling thing on this board is seeing the cheering of both establishments that tend to have neo-conservative thinking on foreign policy and without question Biden will return us to that which in the long run only makes the country that much more unsafen

Very few of us actually subscribe to this line of thinking.

13 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Very few of us actually subscribe to this line of thinking.

So tell me this..... does that mean that sort of line of thinking is wrong? I feel in this country part of the problem is when we think outside the box = wrong it's easier to just support a party line of thinking because let's be honest those who claim to think outside the box are usually conspiracy theorist with some bat shit crazy line of thinking.

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I’m honestly not nearly as worried about any shenanigans as y’all are. The support for overturning an election just isn’t there. If Trump loses by a non-contestable margin then he’ll just sit in office for the last 3 months and drop Bombs for Biden and set up his next phase in life.

Hopefully not literal bombs!

5 hours ago, billay said:

I voted 80% Biden.

What concerns me the most is while Trumps handling of the pandemic I continually hear what Biden will do about it and really the only difference is the attitude in which they speak.  Neither obviously can cure the virus and more rapid testing is good but it's not going to stop it so that's kind of a 0 to me.

However with the recent stories of some of the ugly things Trump got away with you can argue he did it before he was president and there is no proof a Biden administration would do anything to change that and it's not just Trump but government interference helped create sleezeballs like Trump and I'm sure hundreds if not thousands more.

Also another puzzling thing on this board is seeing the cheering of both establishments that tend to have neo-conservative thinking on foreign policy and without question Biden will return us to that which in the long run only makes the country that much more unsafen

One promotes the science, one laughs at it.  That’s the difference, on the COVID front.

Yep, Presidents aren’t going to be the scientists who cure the disease, or the soldiers who win the war, or the economists who pull us back from financial collapse, etc.

But they do choose who to listen to, and what to do with that information.

Biden listens to the experts.  Trump listens to the sycophants.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, billay said:Also another puzzling thing on this board is seeing the cheering of both establishments that tend to have neo-conservative thinking on foreign policy and without question Biden will return us to that which in the long run only makes the country that much more unsafen

You think the foreign policy we’ve had for almost 80 years (post WWII) is making us “that much more unsafe”?

I don’t know how old you are, but in my 37 years, I’ve NEVER had to fear for my life against foreign attack.  Even on 9/11, when I was 18 years old, I watched with a mix of anger, horror, and sorrow — but I didn’t worry that it was going to keep happening.  And...nineteen years later...that’s held up so far.

Now, if you come from an era where you had to practice hiding under your desk for protection from a nuclear strike, then I get it.  But failing that, this foreign policy has kept you pretty damned safe your entire life.

We will have a very good idea on whos ahead in FL, NC, and MN on election night because they have been able to count ballots. Thirsdays Minnesota extentsion to accept absentee or mail in ballots which there is a big difference in this state was overturned so we have to have your ballot by 8 pm election night. Horrible for all us counting because at least where I work we were okay with being able to count wednesday till the following tuesday which not we have to get all our absentee and mail in ballots(15 ish thousand) counted by election night. If Trump matches '16 in percent then its a toss up if Trump wins in MN its game over for Biden because if Biden doesnt carry MN then I can not see how Biden will run the table in MI, PA, or WI. I also think controll of the Senate will be known election night.

• Upvote 1

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

Won't be on for the rest of the day, except maybe just to read stuff, but here's my quick post for today. 

Comparing Biden's current polling avg with Clinton's final polls in 2016

• Clinton was leading between 2-4% in the polls in the final days. Biden is between 7-9%. Clinton's polls showed tightening, while Biden is holding. Not good for Trump. 
  • Biden's 2020 margin AVG compared to 2016 Clinton in the last polls (Clinton's aren't polling avg's. I couldn't find those. Feel free to post if you do find them). For the most part, this shows the polls will have to be much more off for Trump to win in many more states:
    • AZ: +5 Biden
    • FL: +6 Biden
    • GA: +9 Biden
    • IA: +8 Biden
    • MI: +11 Biden  
    • MN: +2 Clinton
    • MO: virtual tie
    • MT: +5 Biden
    • NV: +6 Biden
    • NH: virtual tie
    • NC: +2 Biden
    • OH: +6 Biden
    • PA: +1 Clinton
    • SC: +3 Biden
    • TX: +13 Biden
    • WI: +1 Biden
21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

• Biden's 2020 margin AVG compared to 2016 Clinton in the last polls (Clinton's aren't polling avg's. I couldn't find those. Feel free to post if you do find them). For the most part, this shows the polls will have to be much more off for Trump to win in many more states:

RCP should have polling averages.  But... are you using Clinton v Trump polls, or are you using polls that include third parties?

17 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

At this point it’s just Wisconsin and Pennsylvania that concern me.

Mine is PA and NV.

Theyre solid if you just look at Biden vs Trump.  But when you add third parties, it shifts below my comfort zone.

OK, here are the margins in the final polling averages from fivethirtyeight (as I mentioned above) from 2016 with the current averages in fivethirtyeight.  Margin in 2016, margin in 2020 and the change between them.  All in Biden's direction except for SC.

AZ: -1.7 for Clinton, +3.1 for Biden, 4.8 to Biden
FL: +1.3 for Clinton, +2.1 for Biden, 0.8 to Biden
GA: -3.7 for Clinton, +1.6 for Biden, 5.3 to Biden
IA: -3.1 for Clinton, +0.1 for Biden, 3.2 to Biden
MI: +4.1 for Clinton, +8.8 for Biden, 4.7 to Biden
MN: +7.3 for  Clinton, +8.9 for Biden, 1.6 to Biden
MO: -10.3 for Clinton, -6.4 for Biden, 3.9 to Biden
MT: -14.6 for Clinton, -5.1 for Biden, 9.5 to Biden
NV: +1.1 for Clinton, +5.8 for Biden, 4.7 to Biden
NH: +4.2 for Clinton, +11.1 for Biden, 6.9 to Biden
NC: +1.3 for Clinton, +2.4 for Biden, 1.1 to Biden
OH: -1.6 for Clinton, -0.9 for Biden, 0.7 to Biden