270soft Forum

Bloomberg: Biden team warns of dire Black, Latino voting signs

PoliticalPundit

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-30/biden-aides-see-warning-signs-in-black-latino-turnout-so-far

Senior officials on Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign are increasingly worried about insufficient Black and Latino voter turnout in key states like Florida and Pennsylvania with only four days until the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

In Arizona, two-thirds of Latino registered voters have not yet cast a ballot. In Florida, half of Latino and Black registered voters have not yet voted but more than half of White voters have cast ballots, according to data from Catalist, a Democratic data firm. In Pennsylvania, nearly 75% of registered Black voters have not yet voted, the data shows.

The firm’s analysis of early vote numbers also show a surge of non-college educated White voters, who largely back President Donald Trump, compared to voters of color, who overwhelmingly support Biden.

Democrats say Biden’s strength among other groups - namely seniors and suburbanites - will compensate for any drop-off in Latino support.

• Like 1

All the signs warn of a drop off in support for joe biden amoung minorities. Im by no means saying trump is going to win those groups just that trump will do much better than people expected. Another thing is the white suburbanites who may be uncomfortable with his rhetoric i think many will still cast a vote for him at least in MN due to his focus on Law and Order which i could be wrong but I think that he will do just as good if not better than '16 with that group. I think MN is a bellweather this year because we have been counting ballots since last Tuesday and yesterday the extension to accept ballots for 7 days after was over turned. So if Trump does aswell or wins this state compared to'16 its the ball game because there is no way that Minnesota will turn Red but MI, WI, and PA will vote Biden I just would have a very tough time seeing and believing that. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

At this point I’m just waiting for the election. Depending on what news you follow Biden is either winning easily or in total collapse.

A good indicator of how extremely partisan and sensationalist (and thus utterly unreliable as a source) U.S. News Media has become in totality. I get my news from the BBC, the CBC, Global News, Southam News, Reuters, and even Al-Jazeera, but not from American owned and based news media sources, anymore.  

If this is true it could be huge for Trump but as the other thread mentioned about those bellweathers I'm assuming those are mostly white counties which will give us a good idea of how the turnout will go. I see Trump polling better with minorities which to me doesnt nessecarily mean alot as historically the turnout for those groups has been lower.