270soft Forum

Billie Eilish is destroying our country!

I don't even know who she is, but if she's destroying Trump's America good on her.

5 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

Wow! Billie Eilish and her edgy 14-year old fanbase is destroying America as we know it!

And a British Subject, not an American Citizen, to boot. She won't be voting in 4 years in an American election.

I remember noticing Billie Eilish was billed already as a star a while ago and I never heard of her until that.

15 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

Wow! Billie Eilish and her edgy 14-year old fanbase is destroying America as we know it!

Well, I bet she isn't the type of role model children should have.

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I remember noticing Billie Eilish was billed already as a star a while ago and I never heard of her until that.

Well, I bet she isn't the type of role model children should have.

There aren't very many good role models for children, nowadays. RIP, Fred Rogers (even though he's more of a father figure than direct role, he's still one of the good ones).

1 hour ago, pilight said:

In what way?

At least her music videos seem to be pretty weird.

13 hours ago, Patine said:

And a British Subject, not an American Citizen, to boot. She won't be voting in 4 years in an American election.

What? She is both 18 and an American citizen.

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

At least her music videos seem to be pretty weird.

This is not a good answer. I'd argue that her civic engagement is being a great role model for children. She is actively promoting voting among the youth and instilling that voting isn't "uncool".

And her art may not be your speed, but that's really just a matter of opinion.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'd argue that her civic engagement is being a great role model for children. She is actively promoting voting among the youth and instilling that voting isn't "uncool".

I am not even aware of that, but thanks for mentioning it.

And her art may not be your speed, but that's really just a matter of opinion.

Yeah, it's definitely not. I remember something which seemed to be more of a horror shocker than a viable MV, but if you like her music don't feel offended of course. It's just how I feel about her style.

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I am not even aware of that, but thanks for mentioning it.

Yeah, it's definitely not. I remember something which seemed to be more of a horror shocker than a viable MV, but if you like her music don't feel offended of course. It's just how I feel about her style.

I'm not criticizing your music views nor am I offended. She has some stuff I like and some stuff I don't like as much. The point I'm  making is that you not liking her music doesn't make her a bad role model.

And indeed, she played the DNC (again you don't have to agree with her politics but youth participation is good) and shortly before she began her song she spoke on how it's important for young people to participate in democracy.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm not criticizing your music views nor am I offended. She has some stuff I like and some stuff I don't like as much.

That's fortunate.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

And indeed, she played the DNC (again you don't have to agree with her politics but youth participation is good) and shortly before she began her song she spoke on how it's important for young people to participate in democracy.

I agree voting and information about the political process is essential. However, I have a feeling the GOP lacks to mobilize young people more. That was already the case before Trump, because I think most influence on young people is done by left-wingers since years.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That's fortunate.

I agree voting and information about the political process is essential. However, I have a feeling the GOP lacks to mobilize young people more. That was already the case before Trump, because I think most influence on young people is done by left-wingers since years.

Perhaps that is, in part, an aspect of many parts of the general Republican Party platform. Many establishment right-wing political parties in Europe (as opposed to the more radical, Eurosceptic, anti-Immigration ones) have difficulty drumming up youth vote compared to many of their opponents. Boris Johnson was stated, by a political advertising analyst, to have political ads in 2019 most optimally-aimed at British-born White men 45 and older.