270soft Forum

BIDEN WON THE NICKOLODEON KIDS VOTE!!! IT'S OVER FOR THE ORANGE MAN NOW!!!

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." - Bernie Sandlers (probably)

bidenwins.thumb.png.5dd5ff3e6bb5f051879c7972c3f1ef5a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

Lmao. I remember this. Back in like elementary school (Scholastic) I think? Had a Kids vote on the President. Obama was winning so much I voted for Romney just to be nice. RIP :P

I remember back in 2008 in 1st grade or something we had a mock election and I voted for Obama because I didn't know anything about politics at the time (in hindsight I'd prob still pick Obama) and I told my parents and my dad was mad at me lmao.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I remember back in 2008 in 1st grade or something we had a mock election and I voted for Obama because I didn't know anything about politics at the time (in hindsight I'd prob still pick Obama) and I told my parents and my dad was mad at me lmao.

LOL! Felt that lmao. I told my dad about it a day before and he's like "Son, ya better vote for Romney." So I did. :P Good old Conservative Dad! :) 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

BIDEN WON THE NICKOLODEON KIDS VOTE!!! IT'S OVER FOR THE ORANGE MAN NOW!!!

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." - Bernie Sandlers (probably)

bidenwins.thumb.png.5dd5ff3e6bb5f051879c7972c3f1ef5a.png

Based.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

10 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

LOL! Felt that lmao. I told my dad about it a day before and he's like "Son, ya better vote for Romney." So I did. :P Good old Conservative Dad! :) 

To be sincere everyone was hiped by Obama even in my country back in 2008 (and I was only 4 years and half older than you dudes !)

But many kids in France believed that John McCain was a french-fries CEO

Because of this :

McCain Just au Four Classique 625 g: Amazon.fr: Epicerie

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Edouard said:

To be sincere everyone was hiped by Obama even in my country back in 2008 (and I was only 4 years and half older than you dudes !)

But many kids in France believed that John McCain was a french-fries CEO

Because of this :

McCain Just au Four Classique 625 g: Amazon.fr: Epicerie

McCain as a French Fries CEO sounds so wholesome.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

For me it was Bush vs Dukakis. I voted for Dukakis because no one else had given him a sticker. My best friend also voted Dukakis. The vote was something like 18-2 Bush. This was in Dallas TX

• Upvote 1

I also had a mock election in 2012. The whole class voted for Obama over Romney, I did as well because I was pretty much unaware about politics back then. One person voted for none of them.

When I was in elementary school, in Bush Sr vs Clinton, I chose Ross Perot.

I told my class that Bush had already had a turn as President, and Clinton cheated on his wife so how will he ever be faithful to us? (I was definitely channeling my dad with that one).

I think Bush Sr won our class election, if memory serves.

• Like 1

Both my elementary and secondary schools drew primarily from very conservative families - I was in a small minority supporting the Democrat in each of our mock elections (1984, 1988, and 1992). Though a few of the alums from my high school that I follow on Facebook seem to be a little more liberal now than they were back then.

2 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

Both my elementary and secondary schools drew primarily from very conservative families - I was in a small minority supporting the Democrat in each of our mock elections (1984, 1988, and 1992). Though a few of the alums from my high school that I follow on Facebook seem to be a little more liberal now than they were back then.

We never did such a thing in my classes, not even for Canadian politics. In Grade 6 (1988), we covered both the Canadian and American elections, and how they differed, and how they worked. We also (though not at that exact time in the schoolyear) studied Chinese and Soviet politics, too. But we never did hold any sort of opinion poll in the class of any sort like that, though.