270soft Forum

State of the Race: 6 Days Left

6 Day Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. See my prediction map and write up, then answer, "Who wins if the election is held today?"

2. 2. If Every Democratic President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Republicans? [**Pick Only 9**]

• Andrew Jackson
    • Martin Van Buren
    • James K Polk
    • Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Grover Cleveland
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • Franklin D Roosevelt
    • Harry S Truman
    • John F Kennedy
    • Lyndon B Johnson
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Bill Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • Joe Biden (presumably)
  3. 3. If Every Republican President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Democrats? [**Pick Only 9**]

• Abraham Lincoln
    • Ulysses S Grant
    • Rutherford B Hayes
    • James A Garfield
    • Chester A Arthur
    • Benjamin Harrison
    • William McKinley
    • Theodore Roosevelt
    • William Howard Taft
    • Warren G Harding
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Herbert Hoover
    • Dwight D Eisenhower
    • Richard Nixon
    • Gerald Ford
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George HW Bush
    • George W Bush
    • Donald Trump

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Post-debate polls show Biden as having generally been seen the winner. No one really gaining favorability, but Trump losing a point in favorability. Despite this, the post-debate polls showed Trump gain a miniscule 0.5 pts or something like that. Basically, the 3rd debate didn't move anything. 

FYI "fake polls" showed Clinton beating Trump in every debate

and Trump "lost" virtually every Republican debate other than the one where he called out Cruz on NY values 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ABC isnt even trying with polling at this point. Biden +17 in WI? LOL

Trump approval 52% vs. Obama 47% at this point in cycle (both according to Rasmussen, take it with a grain of salt).

Trump Makes Gaffe on Covid Issue Noisy Protesters Outside Harris Event Biden Hit With Pie!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That still shows he's not capable to control his emotions when it comes to people not supporting him. While talking exactly of the opposite two sentences before... to work for one group doesn't mean to insult them right away.

Furthermore I think the corruption allegations began to sink in with voters and that's probably also a huge contributor to the numbers referred to in the initial post.

100%. So well said. 

Amazing how people try to spin things when the video is right in front of them 

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

To outline what I mean:

Trump's insulting someone: wow, that's something new... why should anyone take issue with that anymore? That's the standard since 5+ years.

Biden's insulting someone: that's actually very disappointing, because one should be inclined to think finally someone's honest in the political arena. 

@vcczar

Exactly. The callout was totally unnecessary  

I find it unbelievably comical the spinning involved in justifying Biden's "chumps" comments and Clinton's "deplorable" comments 

but if people here were to defend Trump's comments that were taken out of context, it'd be the exact same reaction us conservatives are giving you.

29 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Probably because I have written that before reading the actual quote as presented by you. Still 50% is way too much, as much of them are hard-working and decent Americans.

I said "if Clinton views the people who don't agree with her as deplorables, I am a proud deplorable". That does also mean I don't align myself with them, if she happens to mean solely the "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic" minority. 

Then that's you taking her quote out of context. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Then that's you taking her quote out of context. 

Not intentional at all. I was talking about what I believed to remember and I thought she said those not supporting her are deplorable. That happened more than four years ago, I think it's okay to not remember her exact words by that time. If it weren't a public forum solely for leisure time, I had also looked up the quote BEFORE making a statement about it.  

17 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@vcczar why didnt' you pick Ford? Of all the people here who should know of his athletic prowess I think it'd be you.

I picked them based off Presidential history

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump said he was told last night he was up +1 in Wisconsin or as he put it virtually tied.

ABC said he's down 17.

Same with Texas... someone is gonna look really stupid. 

Outliers, even from very good polling firms, are inevitable.   That's why it's important to look at all the polls, rather than just cherry pick ones that are good for one side or the other (even though campaigns inevitably do cherry pick polls).

31 minutes ago, Defiant said:

Outliers, even from very good polling firms, are inevitable.   That's why it's important to look at all the polls, rather than just cherry pick ones that are good for one side or the other (even though campaigns inevitably do cherry pick polls).

There were no "good polling firms" in 2016 for battleground states unless you count the Republican ones who accurately predicted Trump's win in battleground and margin of loss in national polling. 

Two questions.

1. If Biden loses, will it be known as the biggest lead lost? Especially considering he campaigned and spent resources and time in Georgia and Arizona.

2. Why is Wisconsin so democratic this year? They voted for Trump in 2016. And with the race riots and severe looting and destruction, Democrats themselves were worried they were gifting Wisconsin to Trump. 

35 minutes ago, qqmag said:

Two questions.

1. If Biden loses, will it be known as the biggest lead lost? Especially considering he campaigned and spent resources and time in Georgia and Arizona.

2. Why is Wisconsin so democratic this year? They voted for Trump in 2016. And with the race riots and severe looting and destruction, Democrats themselves were worried they were gifting Wisconsin to Trump. 

1. I think Clinton will be seen as worse. It could be argued no one ever liked Biden - they just thought he could beat Trump. He also never campaigned and their whole strategy ground game wise is disastrous. I blame his team more than him. Also his age.

2. It's not, fake news from the media as always. I'm very confident about Trump in Wisconsin. 

37 minutes ago, qqmag said:

Why is Wisconsin so democratic this year? They voted for Trump in 2016. And with the race riots and severe looting and destruction, Democrats themselves were worried they were gifting Wisconsin to Trump. 

Not sure what you mean. Polling is about the same as 2016. Trump is going to WI tomorrow.

Teddy Roosevelt would honestly carry the Republicans to a 8-3 victory in a game.

38 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Teddy Roosevelt would honestly carry the Republicans to a 8-3 victory in a game.

Republicans have the only politician to hit a home run during the annual congressional baseball game. Can you name that person who hit the HR?

23 minutes ago, billay said:

Republicans have the only politician to hit a home run during the annual congressional baseball game. Can you name that person who hit the HR?

Ron Paul is not the only one, but could have been the first to hit an out of the park home run. 

20 minutes ago, billay said:

I thought he was the only one to hit it out of the park?

John Shimkus of Illinois also did, some twenty years after Paul did. Both Republicans but Paul's limelight is stolen. 

I do believe Ron and Rand are the first father son duo to play in the game though.

• Upvote 1