270soft Forum

State of the Race: 6 Days Left

6 Day Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. See my prediction map and write up, then answer, "Who wins if the election is held today?"

2. 2. If Every Democratic President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Republicans? [**Pick Only 9**]

• Andrew Jackson
    • Martin Van Buren
    • James K Polk
    • Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Grover Cleveland
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • Franklin D Roosevelt
    • Harry S Truman
    • John F Kennedy
    • Lyndon B Johnson
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Bill Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • Joe Biden (presumably)
  3. 3. If Every Republican President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Democrats? [**Pick Only 9**]

• Abraham Lincoln
    • Ulysses S Grant
    • Rutherford B Hayes
    • James A Garfield
    • Chester A Arthur
    • Benjamin Harrison
    • William McKinley
    • Theodore Roosevelt
    • William Howard Taft
    • Warren G Harding
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Herbert Hoover
    • Dwight D Eisenhower
    • Richard Nixon
    • Gerald Ford
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George HW Bush
    • George W Bush
    • Donald Trump

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ABC isnt even trying with polling at this point. Biden +17 in WI? LOL

Trump approval 52% vs. Obama 47% at this point in cycle (both according to Rasmussen, take it with a grain of salt).

Trump Makes Gaffe on Covid Issue Noisy Protesters Outside Harris Event Biden Hit With Pie!

Posted Images

Just now, admin_270 said:

Which specific crime was that?

How about asking for help from a foreign power? Or a quid pro quo?

a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Every President has asked for help from a foreign power, and every President has had quid pro quo's. Those aren't crimes.

Which specific crime was committed?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Okay, so you do have a double standard then. As someone that seems to be more interested in the US judicial system than most Americans, I wouldn't expect that from you. 

So you would say Biden insulting anyone doesn't disappoint you more than Trump, who does that routinely? Regarding Trump and disappointements I have not really something left we didn't hit already.

I am and I do believe everyone should be treated under the law. However, the aforementioned example isn't something which should concern the judiciary. Sadly, I am also no judge (in America).

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

It defends on the favour, actually. I've lost track of what the conversation stream. My apologies. What favour is being mentioned?

Just now, admin_270 said:

Every President has asked for help from a foreign power, and every President has had quid pro quo's. Those aren't crimes.

Which specific crime was committed?

High crimes and misdemeanors is a bit vague but applicable

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

So you would say Biden insulting anyone doesn't disappoint you more than Trump, who does that routinely? Regarding Trump and disappointements I have not really something left we didn't hit already.

I am and I do believe everyone should be treated under the law. However, the aforementioned example isn't something which should concern the judiciary. Sadly, I am also no judge (in America).

It's inappropriate conduct, plain and simple, for both of them, or any elected official, or appointed official with a government office.

It does. It bothered me when Clinton said "deplorables," for instance. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If you think Biden's honest ...

I don't do actually. Therefore it strikes me everyone's believing his talking about fairness, unity and empathy. That's all campaign talk.

• Upvote 1
Just now, vcczar said:

It does. It bothered me when Clinton said "deplorables," for instance. 

Thank you. However, if Clinton views the people who don't agree with her as deplorables, I am a proud deplorable.

• Thanks 1

I don't do actually. Therefore it strikes me everyone's believing his talking about fairness, unity and empathy. That's all campaign talk.

Everything any candidate for any elected office says in regards to policy and plans is, "all campaign talk," until - and if - they win, and either enact it (or give a sincere and genuine attempt, but fail due to uncontrollable circumstances), or they don't.

Thank you. However, if Clinton views the people who don't agree with her as deplorables, I am a proud deplorable.

It wasn't that general... she was referring to white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes. I hope you aren't one of those. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Conservative Elector 2 Here's the quote. After reading this, let me know if you are proudly "deplorable":

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America."

The part of the message that caused me to shake my head was to say "half of Trump supporters" . If she had said a minority of Trump supporters, I'd have had no issue, since that's probably accurate. 

Last day I read a funny article about the 2000 election final prediction made by Harris interactives :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/nov/07/worlddispatch.uselections2000

Fun fact : The purpus of this article published 20 years ago in few days was to say that Gore was at 46% Bush 47% and Nader 4%

So they said that Al Gore could become the first american president elected without winning the popular vote since Harrison
Here are some extracts from the 6th of November 2000 :

It was confirmed last night that Al Gore could be elected president of the United States in today's election, even though more Americans will vote for George W Bush.

Such a result, unprecedented in the universal suffrage era, has only been the stuff of fiction and constitutional nerds until now. But yesterday's Harris Interactive Election 2000 poll shows that it could now become fact, not fiction.

The new poll shows Mr Gore winning in the following closely contested states: California, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Hew Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

It puts Mr Bush ahead in Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia. In addition, Washington is tied at 46%-46%.

Mr Nader is clearly cutting into Mr Gore's vote in several states, such as Wisconsin, Oregon, New Mexico, Ohio, West Virginia and California. The survey finds that the Nader effect could tip the balance against Mr Gore in Ohio, West Virginia and Washington.

New Hampshire and Florida (we will never know for Florida though) ended in Bush column

While Washington supposedly tied ended quite quickly in Gore's column actually quicker than Oregon in election night.

That's how you can see that results can change to last minute (or last ballot) for swing states.

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It wasn't that general... she was referring to white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes. I hope you aren't one of those. 

I just remember her referring to those supporting Trump over her. It would also be an audacity to label all people supporting Trump over her as "white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes". If she meant it that way, it was an even stronger reason to side against Clinton to make a point here. Most people supporting the Trump/Pence ticket aren't ''white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes''.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The part of the message that caused me to shake my head was to say "half of Trump supporters" . If she had said a minority of Trump supporters, I'd have had no issue, since that's probably accurate. 

Exactly! 

Thank you for looking up the actual quote.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I just remember her referring to those supporting Trump over her. It would also be an audacity to label all people supporting Trump over her as "white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes". If she meant it that way, it was an even stronger reason to side against Clinton to make a point here. Most people supporting the Trump/Pence ticket aren't ''white supremacists, bigots, xenophobes''.

She doesn't say "all" or "most" people are Trump supporters. She said "half." Even though I disagree with that, I don't see why you are trying to spin the quote like you're Fox News. However, she's at fault for saying "half."

You also seem to be spinning the quote as directed at people that disagree with her rather than has pin-pointed at "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic." She's attacking the Trump supporters that qualify for that. Her error is assuming that it is half of Trump supporters. As much as I don't like Trump supporters, I doubt 50% of them are that. 

Nevertheless, those are the people that she calls "deplorable." You just called yourself proudly deplorable. Do you still stand by that statement? Are you proudly "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic"

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

She doesn't say "all" or "most" people are Trump supporters. She said "half." Even though I disagree with that, I don't see why you are trying to spin the quote like you're Fox News. However, she's at fault for saying "half."

Probably because I have written that before reading the actual quote as presented by you. Still 50% is way too much, as much of them are hard-working and decent Americans.

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Nevertheless, those are the people that she calls "deplorable." You just called yourself proudly deplorable. Do you still stand by that statement? Are you proudly "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic"

I said "if Clinton views the people who don't agree with her as deplorables, I am a proud deplorable". That does also mean I don't align myself with them, if she happens to mean solely the "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic" minority.