Jump to content
270soft Forum

State of the Race: 6 Days Left


6 Day Poll  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. See my prediction map and write up, then answer, "Who wins if the election is held today?"

  2. 2. If Every Democratic President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Republicans? [**Pick Only 9**]

    • Andrew Jackson
    • Martin Van Buren
    • James K Polk
    • Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Grover Cleveland
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • Franklin D Roosevelt
    • Harry S Truman
    • John F Kennedy
    • Lyndon B Johnson
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Bill Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • Joe Biden (presumably)
  3. 3. If Every Republican President came together to form a baseball team, which 9 should start on the opening day game against the Democrats? [**Pick Only 9**]

    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Ulysses S Grant
    • Rutherford B Hayes
    • James A Garfield
    • Chester A Arthur
    • Benjamin Harrison
    • William McKinley
    • Theodore Roosevelt
    • William Howard Taft
    • Warren G Harding
    • Calvin Coolidge
    • Herbert Hoover
    • Dwight D Eisenhower
    • Richard Nixon
    • Gerald Ford
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George HW Bush
    • George W Bush
    • Donald Trump


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

The "bitter medicine man?"

Dunno (possibly? probably?)

"The medicine will be bitter", though, makes me think of Margaret Thatcher, though. (Thanks to an old britcom I've watch that I think made reference to her saying that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ABC isnt even trying with polling at this point. Biden +17 in WI? LOL

Trump approval 52% vs. Obama 47% at this point in cycle (both according to Rasmussen, take it with a grain of salt).

Trump Makes Gaffe on Covid Issue Noisy Protesters Outside Harris Event Biden Hit With Pie!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Defiant said:

Dunno (possibly? probably?)

"The medicine will be bitter", though, makes me think of Margaret Thatcher, though. (Thanks to an old britcom I've watch that I think made reference to her saying that)

I'm referring to the guy who founded (or maybe his son) Buckley's cold remedy company. I don't know if he ever dabbled in politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Biden calling all people who don't support him ''chumps'' as outlined in PA won't help him either.

You're right that it wouldn't have helped if it had actually happened. Seeing, however, as it did not, I'm sure he's fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

Trump approval 52% vs. Obama 47% at this point in cycle (both according to Rasmussen, take it with a grain of salt).

Presidential approval rating doesn't seem to measure that much about a President that is actually meaningful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You're right that it wouldn't have helped if it had actually happened. Seeing, however, as it did not, I'm sure he's fine.

Well...

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well...

 

Indeed, thank you for providing me with the evidence to support my claim, I appreciate it.

He clearly says that he's going to work for all Americans. Including the "chumps" that are honking their horns and interrupting his event. That specific group of a couple of people that showed up to be loud and distracting and bring the level of conversation down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Trump approval 52% vs. Obama 47% at this point in cycle (both according to Rasmussen, take it with a grain of salt).

Rasmussen approval poll. Take it with a block of salt. Trump's average polling approval from collective polls is 43.5%  Obama's was about 5% higher. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Indeed, thank you for providing me with the evidence to support my claim, I appreciate it.

He clearly says that he's going to work for all Americans. Including the "chumps" that are honking their horns and interrupting his event. That specific group of a couple of people that showed up to be loud and distracting and bring the level of conversation down.

That still shows he's not capable to control his emotions when it comes to people not supporting him. While talking exactly of the opposite two sentences before... to work for one group doesn't mean to insult them right away.

Furthermore I think the corruption allegations began to sink in with voters and that's probably also a huge contributor to the numbers referred to in the initial post.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That still shows he's not capable to control his emotions when it comes to people not supporting him. While talking exactly of the opposite two sentences before... to work for one group doesn't mean to insult them right away.

And you're suporting... Donald Trump?

All you have to do is watch their debate final answers and there is no comparison. They were asked what they'd say on their inauguration day to everyone who voted for the other guy. Biden gave a thoughtful and unifying answer, addressing the question. What did Trump do? Continued to use his time to attack Biden. After he'd already won! This President is a habitual divider in chief and over the past 4 years has repeatedly blamed Obama and Hillary while occupying the Oval Office. The reality is he doesn't know how to lead positively, he just knows how to lead an assault against someone. He constantly needs an opponent.

And you're worried about Joe Biden calling a group of maskless jokers who were interrupting his safe event "chumps"? C'mon man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That still shows he's not capable to control his emotions when it comes to people not supporting him. While talking exactly of the opposite two sentences before... to work for one group doesn't mean to insult them right away.

Furthermore I think the corruption allegations began to sink in with voters and that's probably also a huge contributor to the numbers referred to in the initial post.

 

This might be one of the more hypocritical things you've ever said considering you support Trump more than Biden. Maybe Biden says something like this once every few weeks or few days. However, you can't deny that Trump does this routinely--possibly as much as several times an hour on some days! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

And you're suporting... Donald Trump?

Yes, not that is matters tough, but I would also support him if I lived in the US. Don't blame me for that, blame the alternative, because when you look at the alternatives they don't offer much trust for the betterment of society. It's actually very sad when the other guy is worse than Donald Trump.

I am really curious what you will say about a potential Biden presidency in the end. I am sure you'll have many issues with them, when those folks will be running all departments and appointing liberal judges to various benches. Of course their talking points will gain more attention too. A green new deal, more taxes and deregulations for abortions. By no means I could vote for the enablers of these things (I'd rather vote for Jorgensen), but if you can it's fine I guess.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Biden gave a thoughtful and unifying answer, addressing the question.

I really seem to be the only one not buying his ''empathy thing''.

Quote

What did Trump do? Continued to use his time to attack Biden. After he'd already won!

Yeah, I found that one funny, because sure I noticed that. However, I don't think it's that remarkable. 

Quote

This President is a habitual divider in chief and over the past 4 years has repeatedly blamed Obama and Hillary while occupying the Oval Office. The reality is he doesn't know how to lead positively, he just knows how to lead an assault against someone. He constantly needs an opponent.

Well, what's behind the spy attempt? Who started and who supported the worthless impeachment attempt (it was clear no majority could be reached) which was a massive factor for the distraction from the pandemic? I'd say Obama and Clinton and their fellows committed grave mistakes, when it came to handling the Trump presidency well.

Quote

And you're worried about Joe Biden calling a group of maskless jokers who were interrupting his safe event "chumps"? C'mon man!

I don't care about these specific folks, but I still find it remarkable because it clearly doesn't fit the narrative of Biden's ''unity campaign''.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This might be one of the more hypocritical things you've ever said considering you support Trump more than Biden. Maybe Biden says something like this once every few weeks or few days. However, you can't deny that Trump does this routinely--possibly as much as several times an hour on some days! 

 

Mhm I don't think so actually. First of all I explained a few days ago why I think errors committed by those who pretend to have a clean slate are worse, compared to errors of those playing with open cards from the start.

Secondly I don't know when Trump insulted anyone supporting the other ticket. He insults the ticket itself, their fellow congressmen and Senators but when did he insult any voters? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To outline what I mean:

Trump's insulting someone: wow, that's something new... why should anyone take issue with that anymore? That's the standard since 5+ years.

Biden's insulting someone: that's actually very disappointing, because one should be inclined to think finally someone's honest in the political arena. 

@vcczar

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

I think @Edouard would be the one to ask.

To reply to @Hestia11 I think this is a common political thing to do in the western occident

If I am not wrong John Prescott also received an egg in 2001 while campaigning for Tony Blair

Buuuut the frenchy thing is to attack politicians with this :

Francine farine de blé type 45 tous usages 1kg

THIS WEAPON BELONGS TO US.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

To outline what I mean:

Trump's insulting someone: wow, that's something new... why should anyone take issue with that anymore? That's the standard since 5+ years.

Biden's insulting someone: that's actually very disappointing, because one should be inclined to think finally someone's honest in the political arena. 

@vcczar

 

Okay, so you do have a double standard then. As someone that seems to be more interested in the US judicial system than most Americans, I wouldn't expect that from you. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Who started and who supported the worthless impeachment attempt (it was clear no majority could be reached) which was a massive factor for the distraction from the pandemic?

Trump started it by committing a crime. Maybe don't spy on your political opponents, then you won't get impeached. The fact that it's even used as a "distraction" from the pandemic is laughable. This is the US government for God's sake. It can do more than one thing! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...